[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@SoniX

Yes, BIOS is running in full UEFI mode.
Yes, I have not updated EFI RST driver and it does remain version 14, and so I assume the Advanced BIOS sub-menu does display EFI RST version information (version 14) and not ROM BIOS version information. Is it right ?

But, I have updated OROM BIOS modules to v17 and I see nowhere into BIOS running into UEFI mode any traces that BIOS ROM are properly updated to version 17.

I had formed RAID under BIOS menu (UEFI mode) using the RAID option sub-menu.

Do you suggest ROM BIOS information are only visible under BIOS menu when BIOS is running in CSM mode only ?

Legacy ROM would only be used/shown in BIOS or RAID manager if you were in legacy mod (Not UEFI mode), or possibly if you enable CSM and then also set boot/storage rom option policy to legacy instead of auto or UEFI
So yes, along the lines of your last thought above

@100PIER :
Provided, that your Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID" within the BIOS and you are booting your PC in UEFI mode, it is very easy to find out the version of your currently active Intel RaidDriver (= EFI RAID BIOS module):
Enter the BIOS > Advanced Options > Storage Configuration and press onto the listed option "Intel Rapid Storage Technology". Then you will have access to the "Intel RAID Utility", whose version is identical with the version of the active Intel RAID BIOS module.

@Fernando , @Lost_N_BIOS and @SoniX
Many thanks for your pertinent comments.
I definitively understand now the concept of "current active Intel RaidDriver" which can be [=EFI RAID BIOS] module or [=Legacy RAID ROM BIOS] module depending of the PC booted mode (UEFI or CSM with legacy option ROM].
I do observe the ASUS BIOS "EZ Tunning Wizard" function [F11] offered supports RAID configuration in UEFI mode only.
Thanks for your clear replies.

You should also be able to create/manage RAID via CTRL+I at post in Legacy mode then if you can’t enter the RAID manager from within the BIOS in Legacy mode using F11
I’m not familiar with EZ Tuning Wizard from Asus, only Intel RAID manager via normal methods, either UEFI or Legacy mode you should be able to enter the RAID manager in the way mentioned above too.
Your manual should also explain all that, aside from just info about EZ method.

Since you probably use UEFI mode always anyway, this is the only rom you really need to update since you wont use the Legacy one.
So, if you want latest to be used you also need to update the EFI option in UBU. If you want to see Legacy mode updated version in BIOS, you’d have to switch BIOS to that mode, then check info, enter RAID manager etc.

@100PIER

Have you experienced any bios and or performance issued after update the Intel rom to v17.8.0.4438 on an x99 motherboard? I have a Asus Rampage V Extreme that I would like to update the Intel modules if there are no problems.

@catch36 :
According to my own experience the latest Intel RAID modules (and the related RAID drivers) are usually not the best for older chipsets. Although I understand the desire to use the latest available Intel RAID drivers and RAID ROM modules, I recommend to compare the impact on the stability and performance of the system with drivers/OROMs, which belong to older Intel RST platforms.

OROM VBIOS Carrizo - 015.048.000.073.000000 (>015.048.000.072.000000)

vbios_F1004391-BE0F-40F0-94A6-7C45154C9114.rar (37.5 KB)

n/a

The FPT under the Intel thread work for AMD as well? (EDIT: I should mention all the instructions/guides/manuals I can find all talk about intel and specific intel chipsets, just wanting to make sure I dont fck something up)

Running into ASRocks annoying as hell "secure flash check fail"

@Net7 - No, Intel FPT is only for Intel. What is your motherboard model? If it’s super new, there is no fix found yet other than use flash programmer (Do not use old ES AFU w /GAN)
You can try this method here, download the tools attached to that thread, so you have the correct AFU - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/592…r-motherboards/

I apologize for not having visited my favorite forum for a long time. As I already reported, my monitor backlight burned out and only today everything was repaired.
So I’m in touch. :))

welcome back。。。。

A300 Desikmini
B450M Steel Legend
B450 Steel Legend
a few others, all Ryzen

EFI Marvell SATA RAID - 1.1.0.1026 (>1.1.0.1020)
EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI - 0.8.05 (new item?)
FFS-OROM VBIOS Unknown - 015.048.000.069.046715 (unknown)

mrvr_C9817B9D-2BFA-4DFC-BE3F-C8547C0AFE19.rar (95.5 KB)

lani1Gb_5C0F52CF-7ADF-42A3-AF3B-BAFDB41C3168.rar (121 KB)

vbios_0EFD991A-5FBF-4D3B-B5E4-824490FC7B79.rar (37.4 KB)

@Net7 - I think this may be your only option, aside from Flash Programmer like CH341A, if the above linked method I gave you does not work.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-m…-correctly.html

Please attach 2.5G PXE ROM Code v3.01
Realtek page dowload
I will add support to the UBU.
Tnx

@SoniX

Here it is :slight_smile:
2.5G PXE ROM Code v3.01

RTEGPXE_301.zip (79.6 KB)

Excellent! Thanks!
I added to UBU. Now need find BIOS fir check. I remember that it was with ASRock,

Hello,

@SoniX , i’m interested by this add. My motherboard use this chip. You can find bios here if you want to test on it : https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X570-ACE

Thx for your work :wink: