[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@SoniX

The UBU tool is amazing and I cant wait for the next release! Is there any chance of adding support for other platforms of bios? Insyde or Phoenix/Award for example? Possibly a separate tool for each platform?

@SoniX
Where do I download this?!?

@SoniX
Where do I download this?!?

@twindragon6 :

>Here<. It is SoniX’s MEGA account. You can find the link within the start page of >this< thread as well.

@Fernando
That’s version 0.28.8

@twindragon6 : Ask SoniX.
All I can say is, that
a) SoniX has freshly uploaded the drvver.exe file on 11/09/2021 and
b) the hex code of this file is completely different from the drvver.exe, which is within the original UBU tool v1.79.17.

@Fernando
Thanks! It’s in the main folder, my mistake.

Hi all it’s been awhile,
Has anyone here used the ubu tool on a gigabyte z390 board?

@trebleta
Since there was not reason to start a new thread regarding your question, I have moved your post into this already existing 100% matching thread.

@Fernando , thanks boss. Hope you are good and well. Also thank you for your past help.
So as i said above, has anyone used this great tool on a Gigabyte Z390 Master motherboard. I have used ubu tool to read bios info, but after i messed my marvell controller on another board before ubu was around, im after all the advice I can get, Hoping someone has used and could point out anything I should know?
But the ubu is a god send

@trebleta :
I am pretty sure, that the UBU tool works with the BIOS of a Gigabyte Z390 Master, but I doubt, that you will get this way an answer to your question.
My advice: Enter “Gigabyte Z390 Master” (without quotation marks) into the Forum’s “Search” box. You will get a lot of hints!

@trebleta :
On overclock.net I use the tool to mod Gigabyte Z390 BIOS’s for peeps in the Gigabyte Z390 thread.
It’s a little tricky though, you need to manually download the RST firmware and for the GOP firmware you need to use the proper VBT file that someone provided for me in a thread here or onboard video does not work.
I provide all the BIOS’s modded for peeps there though, find the overclock.net Gigabyte Z390 thread.

Edit: I also use the best performing fastest microcodes when I mod the BIOS’s.

Edit by Fernando: Fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

@kedarwolf Hi ya mate, it’s me from oc.
yes your modified bios is grand and you have done a really splendid job just thinking you dont have a z390 now so was going to help out, thinking ahead.
When I get time will look at your past posts too.

Where will this thread be moving to when this forum shuts down?

Dear @SoniX as this forum is going to be closed, are you going to continue with the UBU tool proyect in another website? Thanks

MCE DB r210 released, a new build time actually before closing the forum.

After 1.79.12.1 UBU can’t find
"Intel Gbit GUID 4953F720-006D-41F5-990D-0AC7742ABB60"

“New pattern for searching for EFI Intel LAN” not so good?

only copy this in UBU folder
i using this way ,.and all works fine :smiley:

for microcodes - correct folder + GenUSRmC.bat
[[File:Bez názvu.png|none|auto]]

example UBU_v1.79.17 + MCE 210

good luck

Hello, I have a B550 AORUS PRO V2 motherboard, do anyone knows if it is possible to mod the bios with ubu?
I ask because if I try to update the disk controller efi and OROM I get those messages:

AMD RAIDXpert2 GUID C74F06D2-ED92-489B-879C-C0E428A22167
parseSection: GUID defined section with unknown processing method
parseSection: GUID defined section can not be processed
parseSection: GUID defined section with unknown processing method
parseSection: GUID defined section can not be processed
No replacements can be applied to input file

Are the b550 gigabyte bios locked?

Thanks

@Nemo1985 :
Modded BIOS file (latest).

Updated items:

EFI AMD RAIDXpert2-Fxx - 9.3.1-00029
OROM AMD RAIDXpert2-Fxx - 8.1.0-00064

EFI AMD GOP Driver - 2.18.0.17.10
OROM VBIOS Cezanne - 017.010.000.030.000000
OROM VBIOS Renoir - 017.010.000.030.000000

EFI Realtek UNDI Driver - 2.057

00800F12│0800126C│2020-06-19
00810F11│08101103│2019-04-17
00A20F12│0A201205│2021-07-19

Everything else is the latest.

Edit by Fernando: Fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)