[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

Appreciate the help, but I did. Re-did and still same.

It does launch a CMD window that seems to close whereas 1.79.17 does change into the MCE CMD window.

Then i don´t know whats wrong. I use 1.80a17 with the modified UBU.CMD File and the newest MCE.DB 306 and MCE.PY and it works fine for Microcodes.

1 Like

Fixed the missing table of mCodes, made MCE error checks non-recurring, and fixed mCode search behavior while comrade @SoniX is missing
UBU.zip (15.9 KB)

2 Likes

Hi all

Long time since I came back here, glad to see SoniX is back (IRL problem if I remember correctly?)

Thank you.

So the MCE window loads but still crashing claiming “missing dependency colorama”. (Doesn’t occur with 1.79.17)

pip3 install colorama returns “Already satisfied” (Python 3.12)

Just so I know, which versions of MMTool.exe are being used?

Feel free to test with the particular ROM I’m experiencing issues with (ME Analyser also working fine)
H310MS2H2.0.F15c.zip (6.4 MB)

EFI Realtek UNDI Driver - 2.068

Works fine with version 1.80_a17.

RtkUndiDxe.rar (61.3 KB)

1 Like

Update your python

Fix mCode search not working with old mce.exe
UBU.zip (15.9 KB)

Anyone knows the best way to flash updated BIOS on Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)?

1 Like

3.12.6 is current stable.

Such questions have nothing to do with the UBU tool and should be asked within >this< thread.

I tested the latest version of UBU (with the last UBU file from Gregory_Tumanyan) no problem
Thanks so much for your great work

3 small questions with the new UBU

1) At first, there is the message for mmtool, not to be used as version 1.7 or another option
I used it in version 1.7 (well it was by default I believe)

What is the best?
Knowing that I did not install Python, just the mce.py files, etc…

2) In the Network part, why is there a recommendation not to update (It is not recommended) ?

Capture

3) In the Microcode part, why is there “Press to exit” every time ?

mcu

Then

mcu2

Thanks so much

mcu

This window shows mCodes currently present in your bios file. MCE.py outputs into its own window, I have to find a way to pass it into the main cmd window. Until then you have to press enter to close this window.

Ok, I have the same window (no other ones that open) but I have “Press enter to exit” that appears with each choice I make
Which is not present with 1.7x

And for Network part ?

Thanks

1.7x uses mce.exe which outputs to the cmd window, and mce.py outputs into its own window.

mce.exe works with latest version also.

mc.py is better choice?

Only if it’s newer

1 Like

I don’t know which one is used I have both in the directory (1.7 and the latest)

Reappearing MCE window fixed

UBU.zip (15.9 KB)

Thanks
Is for “Press enter to exit” or something else ?