[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

@SoniX

Yes, I meant exactly what you corrected in “_1”. :roll_eyes:

A letter y is still a capital letter:

move /Y bios.mmt bios.bin

Deliberately?

a18.1 Testing

I’m already ahead of you. I wrote “_1”. Since you added that to the name of the previous version, I thought it was clear what I meant. When I wrote my previous post, I was already using the current latest version (UBU_v1.80_a18_1_Testing). I notice pretty quickly when you upload a new version. :blush:

In f18 Testing, the emphasis was on using MMTool. Testing in the “do not use MMtool” mode was not provided.
In a18,1, I added the conditions for checking the mode used.

PS I generally do everything blindly, I don’t have any files to test.

@SoniX all was fine with 1.7X BUT after your post, yes, these other “errors” on the screenshots were present on old 1.7X branch.

Original BIOS is linked by @westlake

I’m going to read all your answers again.

Thanks

EDIT: all the errors on screenshots means that modules were not replaced? I have this errors on v17 too but I thought It was normal.

@snowind

O_o… Strangely, I was thinking about 1.6x. Oh well.

Errors like “parser” and so on are reported by UEFIReplqce. They are mostly ignored, but you still need to be careful.

If you say that everything was fine in 1.7x, then in the new versions use the “AsAs in UBU v1.7x” mode,
In general, in the latest version, I took into account my error and now everything should be fine.

@SoniX Sorry, don’t understand “AsAs in UBU v1.7x” mode :grinning:
Can you explain this for me?

@snowind
Download the latest version of a18.1. I think you’ll figure it out for yourself.

1 Like

Ok I think I understand now. I’m using your latest 18.1 test version using this “As in…” mode.

EDIT: NOT WORKING. I think it’s the same that @westlake made for me past days

So the working results were on version 1.6x and below.

Really appreciate the updating. I’ve tried GOP Xe driver v17.0.1071 on Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite, and it works! I will try it on ASUS Z590 Maximus XIII another day. Thank you so much !

update
@SoniX

Replaced with v17.0.1081,though booted into windows successfully , the BIOS screen goes blank while initialization. It seems the GOP Xe driver v17.0.1071 is the modded version which works so far.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Request] GA-Z590M-GAMING-X OROMs/GOP BIOS update

@snowind

Okay, let’s do one check.
Here, flash this BIOS modd as it is, check the settings are saved and report the results.

Ok, give me some hours and I will tell you the results.

EDIT @SoniX finally changes are reteined! Working!!!

@snowind
Good. In this modd file, update the microcodes, do not update the LAN. Flash, check and report the result.

@SoniX are you saying to me to take your file, and update the microcodes but not the LAN modules? Or take a clear BIOS and do this?

Yes.

@SoniX OK, done. Updated microcode with latest 1.80 a17 and “as in UBU” mode.
Changes retained, it works.
As you request, LAN not updated (maybe this is the problem)?

2.24.0.17.10_NoSign.rar (35.5 KB)

(AMDGopDriver)

1 Like

Hey. Im trying to replace the microcode in the latest BIOS available for my motherboard with an older microcode. I am getting this error:

Any idea what the problem might be?