[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

@vmanuelgm

Wait a bit. I will fix it now

@SoniX
Thanks.

If u have time, please take a look at this original bios file from Asus, which gets messed using UBU when trying to update the EFI VROC VMDD:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…9272.1567975569

Uploaded to the Cloud as "UBU_v1_75_Dev_fix.rar"

@vmanuelgm

I will look at it politely, but a little later.

Add:
@vmanuelgm

I watched. Replacing VMMD is normal.
There is another mistake. I will sort this out.

Add2:
@vmanuelgm

It is important! Replacing the second VMDD file leads to damage to the BIOS.
Before

scr1.jpg

After

scr2.jpg

I do not know why and what it is connected with. Therefore, I advise you to refrain from changes.

UBU v1_75_Dev_fix closes after selecting option “2 - Video OnBoard” with the following Asus Bios:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/So…G-ASUS-1804.zip

@SoniX

I told u it was VMDD related, I tried several combinations but in the moment u select RSTe replacement, the bios gets messed up every time…

Don’t u know what’s happening???

I also have an error with mmtool 5.0.0.7 and the latest version dev_fix

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Thanks

@ricktendo

I will trample. Thank.
If not difficult, then check the remaining options.

@vmanuelgm |p88066

Sorry, but I’m not all-seeing. :frowning:
We’ll figure out.

@tistou77

Please attach a direct link to your BIOS.

@ricktendo

I did not correctly define the check. Corrected. Uploaded to the Cloud as "UBU_v1_75_Dev_fix2.rar"

Motherboard has three different drivers…

AspeedVgaOnDXE_body.efi
AspeedVgaOnPEI_body.efi
AspeedGraphicsDxe_body.efi
And seperated vbios - A0327FE0-1FDA-4E5B-905D-B510C45A61D0 ?

Is there any change to update?

@SoniX

Of course, here : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…E-ASUS-1902.zip

Hmmm… In general, the situation with the replacement of VMDD
If BIOS ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME-ASUS-1503, then replacing the VMDD files spoils the volume.
But if BIOS ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME-ASUS-1902, then there is no problem.

In UBU, the UEFIReplace is used, on the basis of UEFITool the Old Engine) and there is no sense in repairing it. We must wait for the full release of UEFITool NE.

@tistou77

In UBU there should be 2 versions of MMTool, that is, 2 files - mmtool_a4 and mmtool_a5.

@raun0

I checked the replacement of the sSATA files, no problem.
AST, is not so simple. You saw the archives on the official ASPeed website, in each archive all the files for each specific adapter.
How to determine which adapter is used?

@SoniX Yes and I use mmtool 5.0.0.7 (mmtool_a4.exe) with 1.74
Now with 1.75, use mmtool 5.0 and 5.2 (mmtool_a4 and mmtool_a5.exe) ?

@tistou77

Yes. You need both MMTool. Because already the latest BIOSes on Aptio 5 are not supported in MMT 5.0.0.7.

I do not still fully understand how to update sSATA, maybe this picture explains.

@raun0

For IRSTe/VROC folder "Files\Intel\RSTe"
Files name:
EFI - "sSataDriver.efi" / OROM - "sSataOrom.bin"

ssata.JPG

DrvVer 0.26.0

• Displays Intel VBT version from OROM or for GOP.

What if that you can use quick selective menu?

Select AST series: AST2050, AST2100, AST2200, AST1300/2300, AST1400/2400, AST2500/2510/2530 ( it has been shown on boot or readed from the top of chip)
Then second select, you have: Only VGA connection, HDMI connection, DVI connection, DisplayPort ( back of the motherboard ).
About the AST website package, I am not 100% sure. But after my research and discussion on here: AST-UEFI-GOP-Motherboard-integration - Thread

Folders:
UEFI folder > Series of AST > .396 [ VGA ] / .ite [ HDMI ] / .dvi [ DVI ] / .501 [ DisplayPort ? ]
VBIOS folder > Series of AST > .396 [ VGA ] / .ite [ HDMI ] / .dvi [ DVI ] / .501 [ DisplayPort ? ]

.D5 is just post delay, who even wants it?
.aip, not a clue?

@raun0

You are a cheerful person. :)) If everything is so simple, then replacing the AST would be implemented. Especially in the project, earlier, such an idea was.

We need to think again. At the moment, it is possible to implement a replacement analogously to IRST/IRSTe. That is, the user independently adds boring files.

@SoniX ,

I just dropped in uefi and vrom. It seems to be working. So maybe I simplified things.

But anyway, thanks for you effort!