[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

Hello, I have an error when using UBU on MSI 970A-G43 PLUS
mmtool_a4.exe (5.0.0.7) and mmtool_a5.exe (5.2.0.24) added on the folder
Error on microcode update (error in saving on another window) (see attachment)

error.jpg

FFS-OROM VBIOS Unknown - 17.010.000.014.055908 (new item)
RENOIR

vbios_A946083B-1BB0-4EB3-92A8-B2D698E53D10.rar (32.2 KB)

@Fernando
EFI AMD RAIDXpert2-Fxx - 9.2.0-00138
When will you make a modified version of UBU?

9.2.0-00138.rar (112 KB)

Isn’t 9.3.0-00120 the newest one? I guess the higher second digit trumps the last three digits?
I guess all the recent updates would warrant a new UBU release soon, I still can’t wait. :slight_smile:

EFI GOP Driver Unknown - Unknown
IceLake BIOS

gop_380B6B4F-1454-41F2-A6D3-61D1333E8CB4.rar (58.3 KB)

@snowind :
The only error it is no Internet connection, but BIOS should be updated once saved.

Thank you.
This one works on the ASUS Strix X570-E both SATA and NVMe RAID, I can now confirm that 9.3.0.120 version does not work as NVMe RAID on both boards tested Crosshair 6 Hero and Strix x5710, do we need to add rcadmin to the BIOS as new module?

Cheers.

The question is that the saving process can’t be done. I thinks it is not an internet connection error, because the microcodes are in the UBU tool database. If I close the second window, then UBU tool get another error and the process can’t be finished.

@snowind :
I tested latest bios on MSI site (1.1) and UBU hangs on after fixing checksum. If you will I can replace uCodes by hand, just post the BIOS in question.

Be well…

@aGeoM :
Thanks a lot, but I think is better to fix UBU because I need to update other modules and I do this maybe twice a year, with older UBUs all worked well, maybe @Fernando or another moderator can do something?

@snowind - Update everything else you want to with UBU, then let someone else update the microcodes for you, problem sovled

Hello @Fernando and ALL.

Sorry for the silence. I was under examination and was under quarantine. :))

Now I am collecting all new files for updating.

@Fernfndo
I built a working computer based on ASRock X570M Pro4 + R5 3400G
I noticed that all BIOS for AMD platforms have 2 sectons of DXE.
Both sections contain EFI files for RAID and LAN with the same GUID. UBU can replace only the first, in order, the second is not. This is the nuance of UEFIReplace. This utility changes only the first found file and does not go to the search and replace the second.
But I think and hope that this is enough if, after replacing, the version in the BIOS settings has changed.
Of course, in the UR utility there is an option to replace ALL files, but I’m not sure that it works correctly. Since there were precedents that a similar option spoiled Volumes.
An application on this topic has been left at GitHub, but its solution is a matter of time, as there are many other problems.
And at the moment, only testing that there is a search for other solutions.

About other news.
Intel has implemented a new chip i225. This is 2.5Gb, it belongs to the OROM GE / EFI PRO1000 series.
In BIOS, new versions of files are noticed:
- OROM Boot Agent GE v0.9.xx
- EFI (Gigabit) PRO1000 v0.8.xx
It is possible that this numbering is beta, but it may also be offsite. Therefore, I will be waiting for the official release of the package “Intel Network Software”.

@SoniX - great to see you back, and hope you are doing well and staying healthy in this Coronavirus mess!
You have been missed by many!

@Lost_N_BIOS
Tnx!
In fact, this Covid is no worse than the flu. In itself, it is insidious for people with weakened immunity.
The worst is the information panic.
And the rest - we will survive this infection!

@jordanpchome :

Since SoniX is back now and already working on an updated UBU version, there is no need for me to do it.

@ms178 :

Yes, it is. I have already attached the latest AMD EFI RAID BIOS modules v9.3.0.120 dated 02/03/2020 within >this< post one month ago.

Welcome back SoniX! :slight_smile:

Welcome back @SoniX

EFI GOP Driver IceLake v14.0.1029

At the moment I see these files for updating in UBU.

• SATA
    - EFI AMD RAID Xpert 2 v9.3.0-00120
  • Video
    - EFI Intel GOP Driver v9.0.1107
    - EFI AMD GOP Driver v2.10.0.0.0
  • LAN
    - EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI v0.0.29
    - EFI Realter UBDI v2.053

+ NCE + UEFITool utils + mCodes
or is there a newer one?

Hi guys, I hope for the best of you all.

@Fernando
Did you try the 9.3.0.120 efi on your x570 system? It’s because I could not make it work, no UEFI RaidExpert 2 showing in BIOS, can not boot from NVMe RAID but I can from SATA, and NVMe RAID it is only recognizable after windows load. As I said earlier I tested in 2 systems X370 M.2 slot + PCIe adapter for 2nd NVme stick and in X570 both on M.2 slots. 9.2.0138 works well.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post removed (to save space)

EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI v0.0.29 doesn’t work on my X99 system.

I’ve reverted back to 0.0.27 which works fine and it is properly
displayed in my ASUS UEFI bios (with 0.0.29 the Intel menu disappears).

Maybe 0.0.29 is not suitable for I217-V Intel Ethernet adapter.