[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

@Sylar76

What language in BIOS settings?

Edit:

Although not. Language customization may have other problems.
I hope that the FFS sections were correctly cleaned?
But it’s necessary to watch what others have, since I can’t check, there are no adapters 82579-219.

@aGeoM :
Since I don’t have created an AMD RAID array with my new AMD X570 chipset system (and don’t intend to do it), I don’t have any own experience regarding your question.
Nevertheless I was able to get the latest BIOS 2.60 for my mainboard inclusive the 2 AMD RAIDXpert2 BIOS modules named “UefiRaid” successfully updated (the upper one by using my updated UBU tool v1.76.2.6, the lower one has been updated manually by using the UEFITool v0.28.0).

@SoniX

I could try to compare 0.0.27 module with the 0.0.29 to see header differences.

@Sylar76

Does 0.0.29 disable the Intel Lan under OS’s??? Or can u use it normally in spite of Bios misbehaviour???

I have an Intel I219 and updated to the latest 0.8.x.x and can operate normally under OS’s but can’t see specific Intel Lan menu as in your case.

@vmanuelgm

Version 0.8.xx for i210/211/350/225 and not supptrt 82579-219.

@Fernfndo

I also do not use AMD RAID.
I think that it is enough to update only one file in the first DXE volume, the second volume DXE is most likely as a backup

@SoniX

So is it normal I can operate under OS with this 0.8.x.x??? UNDI only affects BIOS display???

@vmanuelgm

What do you think? If the Device ID of the adapter is not supported by this EFI driver.

@vmanuelgm

Yes, Lan is working fine under Windows 10 OS (19041 kernel) but I can’t see any info inside uefi bios.

Now I’m looking for any differences in the FFS header.

@Sylar76
I just used UBU to see Asus TUF z490 Plus bios modules and comes with 0.0.28 for Intel I219V, so I’ll reflash my bios with this version instead…

@SoniX
Don’t understand your reply, u mean I shouldn’t be able to operate under Windows with this UNDI or only internal Bios Parameters??? I am now writing using Intel I219V without a problem… I guess u mean BIOS Display…

@vmanuelgm

You cannot use this driver v0.8.xx at the UEFI levels.
For Windows all the same, there is this driver or not. Since the adapter is serviced by OS drivers.

Wrong post.

People. Wait a bit. Now I’ll deal with microcodes and tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I’ll publish 1.77. Then we will sort it out.

@Sylar76

Not showing up yet!!!

@Sonix
Good news :slight_smile:
Thanks Sonix.

@Sylar76

You forgot to delete UI and Version sections at the end of the file.

@SoniX

Yes, I know it. I’m going to try the efi module without the UI section and the FFS header.

Supported Device ID list (0.0.29)

devid_list.JPG

Start 0x3F7D0

Still not showing "intel gigabit controller" menu on UEFI BIOS yet.

Hmm … It can not be displayed in only one case - incompatible or the file is damaged.

If there is a file version 0.0.28, then upload here, I will add it.

I think I’ve fixed the .efi module. I’ve done some tricks, now I’m flashing bios and I’ll keep you updated in few minutes. Hold on.