UEFI BIOS Updater v1.79.4
We have this bug:

snap_421.jpg

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…O-ASUS-1502.zip

Kind regards,
centa

@centaurium :
That is not an UBU bug.
I suspect, that you have forgotten to import the Python features “colorama” and “pltable” before having started the UBU tool. Please look into the chapter A. (“Preparations”) of my UBU Guide (>LINK<). You will find the related instructions at the end within point d) (“Update of the CPU Microcodes”).

@100PIER - Sorry, I did not post any solution, only meant that when I seen discussion of moving over to MCE.PY I knew it would cause lots of problems for many users.
You can however use MCE.EXE instead, they mentioned this a few pages back, if there is something else you need to change in the code when doing so I am not aware, you’ll have to look back and see.

@ptran3014 - Run stock unedited BIOS through UBU, then see if you can flash it, if so then issue is Changelogo version, or the edit is breaking the BIOS etc, and you’ll need to do it manually.
Also, I think some newer UBU may not remove Asrock protection anymore, not 100% sure, but I noticed I don’t see it mentioned anymore and have compared a few files before/after when looking at this at random times and some newer UBU = same/same input/output, so you may need to use older version of UBU

@SoniX - Can you confirm about that, I know some models/chipsets this does not work anymore, but is there some versions you have removed this entirely from, or just some may not show it at visual output in the CMD window?

@Lost_N_BIOS - I have used successfully with UBU_v1.74.0.3 before. But it does not work anymore so that I download the latest version: UBU_v1.79.4. Both have the same problem. Version v1.74.0.3 removes ‘Instant flash protection’ automatically. Version v1.79.4 has an option at the end to select it. It does not matter what version I use, the ‘Instant Flash’ went through smoothly. But when I reboot, it stop at a certain code for a long time, when it comes to code 94, it recycle power on off. I have many versions of AMI Change Logo programs and tried all of them. The latest Asrock X99 OC Formual/3.1 BIOS version is 3.80. I tried an older version 3.60 but the result is the same. As I stated, I did this many times in the past without problems. Asus and Gigabyte have their own but MSI and Asrock don’t have the utilities so that I have to use UBU. (We are a small PC builder / reseller and need to replace the BIOS logo to look like our BRAND.)
I will run the stock BIOS V3.80 without edit the logo to see it works or not. Will let you know later.
Thank you so much for your support.

@ptran3014 - Then as I mentioned, it may not be included in latest UBU, use that older version of UBU to remove the security protection, then make your edit and test.
If you are sure it’s removed now, sorry, I can’t tell for sure if you know security protection is now removed in your BIOS or not, then issue is with the logo mod. ChangeLogo does not work on all BIOS, and sometimes image type, format, depth, etc can be accepted by the program but not your BIOS. So you may need to do it manually.
Using ChangeLogo In the past many times on other boards/BIOS does not apply to this one. If you have used it on this exact board/BIOS before, then maybe image is the issue, or just new BIOS needs it done manually for some reason
Latest ChangeLogo I have is 5.0.0.2, is that the newest one you’ve tried as well?

Yes, please test a security removed UBU edited BIOS without logo mod and make sure that is OK.
Then once you are sure it is, send me your logo and the BIOS and I will swap in the logo for you manually, and edit image into proper format if necessary.
You’re welcome!

Lost_N_BIOS - Thank you for your suggestion. Here is what I have done: I use the previous working version of UBU: v1.74.0.3. This one removes INSTANT FLASH PROTECTION automatically. I use the original downloaded BIOS from Asrock without modifying with UBU. After flashing the BIOS, it works fine. Now I use Changelogo to replace with the Asrock logo (the original one). After flashing, the problem is there. So the Changelogo program causes the problem. I tried to use ‘UEFITool’ as well but the same problem is still existed. By the way, how do I send you the BIOS and the logo? I am new to this blog.

@ptran3014 - That’s confusing how you worded that You should use old UBU you mentioned, remove the protection with UBU and test flash it. Then if that is OK and flashes, then try to logo mod.
If that is what you did, then yes, changelogo is issue, and sometimes UEFITool can cause it’s own issues too, depending on version, you have to check before/after and make sure the entire volume you edit matches (no added or removed padding is major thing to look for)
You can put files in zip/rar and attach using advanced reply >> Button on far right, if the archive is under 6MB you can attach it. If it’s larger than that, upload to any free file host you like, preferably not Microsoft or mega.nz
Please only send logo image you want and UBU protection removed BIOS, that you have already confirmed it flashes OK by itself and runs without issue.

Here are the BIOS and the logo. Again, thank you so much for your help.

bios.part1.rar (5 MB)

bios.part2.rar (1.68 MB)

@ptran3014 - The attached file is 100% stock BIOS, protection has not been removed by UBU - I will remove with 1_69_17_4

* Edit @ptran3014 - Before I do logo edit, please test this BIOS, does it flash OK and boot to BIOS OK
DO NOT FLASH FILE THAT WAS HERE - Please wait, fixing

Original logo, I assume the one you want to replace since only one is shown by ChangeLogo, is 12KB JPG. Your replacement image should be that same size and type, so this is the issue I assume

I did tried to replace the stock logo with its own logo, the same size but it did not work.

@ptran3014 - Same size is not the issue possibly, it may need to be exact format too (bit depth, mod, resolution etc, sometimes same exact program needs to be used too) I think main issue probably was UBU breaking this BIOS, or change logo also breaking BIOS etc.
I’d have to compare your mod BIOS with stock BIOS to be sure, but what I just noticed happened to file I sent you initially above, I bet same happens with 1.74 UBU too. Padding/Non-UEFI file is removed on volume rebuild and FIT table is then missing/broke
Here is fixed security removed BIOS, please confirm it flashes OK and boots to BIOS OK
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…906522630092711

If you have already make 12KB JPEG Logo, send to me

* Edit - @ptran3014 - Here, please test, logo replaced x2 (one had Chinese characters, I assume if Chinese language selected)
UEFITool 25 used to replace logo’s @ GUID 7BB28B99-61BB-11D5-9A5D-0090273FC14D (RAW Section 1 + 3 = Logo Images)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…501819324851048

If that fails, then I will redo images with CS3 instead of Paint.Net (original was 3.5.10, I used 4.2.1)

Your file is working fine, boots to BIOS. This file is the same as I did as per your instruction: I used UBU_v1.74.0.3 to remove the Instant Flash Protection from the original BIOS, it boots to BIOS.
I don’t have my own 12KB JPEG logo. By the way, I used Changelogo program to extract the original Asrock logo, then I used Changelogo to replace the stock logo with the extracted Asrock logo, same size same thing. However i still does not work. I think Changelogo causes the problem.

See my edit above, BIOS posted w/ Logo swapped In regards to what you mentioned with changelogo and extract/replace stock, then changelogo is breaking the BIOS. Yes, I checked, same issue as I mentioned on previous page, Non-UEFI Pad file is removed on rebuild, breaking FIT Table
I’m going to split this into your own topic, since this is not UBU issue in general, or maybe we should leave, since I am still unsure if Asrock Protection has been removed from latest UBU’s
I’ll wait until SoniX replies about that, before I decide to split/move this into it’s own topic (These comments are for Fernando mainly, so you are aware I’m already planning to split/move if SoniX says Always present, has not changed etc, except for the known limitation on some BIOS series)

It works, I see my logo on the screen. How did you do it? Manually?

@ptran3014 - Yes, manually I saved image with paint.net as JPEG 4:2:0 and made sure it was under original size (in KB) in case larger would cause issue.
Then replaced images @ GUID 7BB28B99-61BB-11D5-9A5D-0090273FC14D (RAW Sections 1 + 3 = Logo Images >> replace body w/ image) via UEFITool 25.0

Sorry, I do not understand what it is about?
If about MCE, then you can use MCE.exe, but then not all new functions will work.

If about removing Asrock Intant Flash Capsules, then does not work for Intel 300+ and AMD 400+ (50/50) motherboards.

If about AMI Change Logo, then this utility has not been working on new platforms for a long time.

@Ludolf
Thanks, I tried (W10 x64) but did not worked nor with Python v3.8 nor with v3.9b version.
I tried also default settings (users) for the Python emplacement on system disk and also the personalised emplacement such as C:\program.
No success. UBU does not detect Python.

@SoniX - “AMI Change Logo, then this utility has not been working on new platforms for a long time”. I agree with you, however I found this:
I have some new Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboards. I use @BIOS program to change the logo. The software extracts two files: ChangeLogo32.exe and ChangeLogo64.exe. I copy those files to use for normal logo replacement with Asrock and MSI. I don’t understand why it works with Gigabyte BIOS, MSI BIOS (new motherboards) but not with this Asrock BIOS.

@ptran3014 : Can you please explain, what the AMI Change Logo tool has to do with the UBU tool (UBU is the abbreviation of "UEFI BIOS Updater") and this UBU Discussion thread?

@SoniX - Sorry if my question was not clear, it was about Asrock protection removal and UBU. I know it does not work for some chipsets, not part of my question.
My question is >> Is there some newer versions of UBU, not all, maybe some, that Asrock protection removal function was removed or left out of?
I am not 100% sure, but I think sometimes, I had to go back and use old version because new one did nothing, not show message or remove/edit anything, but older one did.
I cannot remember specific cases, UBU versions, or BIOS. So, I was just asking in general, did sometimes, you accidentally or on purpose remove this function from UBU at any version of the newer 1.7-current UBU’s
I do notice it does not always give user message when removing, like it used to, this applies even when I know it’s being removed. I can always remove manually, I only ask this info in case others have issue.

@ptran3014 - ALL BIOS are different, and editing BIOS is tricky task sometimes, some tools break BIOS for simple reasons, other tools break BIOS for difficult reasons, even doing same things.
So it’s hard to know why one tool works for one BIOS yet not another, easier than trying to figure out is to do the edit in question differently with another tool or manually etc