[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions/Reports/Suggestions

@kyriacos Give the specific board type and bios version or attach the bios- file where this "fault" happens.

@lfb6

Anyway, I don’t need to use this version of UBU.

Hello guys, i have gigabyte b450m elite aorus rev 1.0 with bios f52 fully updated with ubu tool. A new bios has been release (version f60b) and i can update everything with ubu tool except OROM Realtek Boot Agent GE from 2.66 to 2.67.
In f52 bios the orom updates normally. Furthermore in the new bios they added efi and orom broadcom boot agent( i dont know if thats the problem). I have attached the files, can anyone help me? Thanks

F52 Bios Link: https://mega.nz/file/OIVWiRoL#vofYlQkspv…UhesRLegBI2eZAY

F60b Bios Link: https://mega.nz/file/KEcmEZ7L#k2BvczkC-8…dGSrf_HbRieN8Qs

@ektorasdj

OROM RTK is replaced, only the result is not immediately displayed, since the second file is located in another GUID. I’ll see how to fix it later.

@SoniX Ok thanks

@SoniX The latest MC Extractor v1.50.0 has added built-in 3rd party dependencies check.

Capture.PNG

It is also recommended that people install Python from the official site/installer and not through Microsoft Store.

@ALL

For use MCE 1.50.0 (py file) need uninstall old PLTable v1.0.1

pip3 uninstall pltable

after intall new PLTable v1.0.2

pip3 install pltable

Deleted, getting some errors after manually updating PLTable to v1.0.2. :frowning:

Fixed:

Install Python 3.9.0 with

1) Set "PATH"
2) Set "py Launcher"
3) Set "Associate"

Open an admin command prompt in:

C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39<br />
where **** is your windows username.

and run:

python -m pip install --upgrade pip

In:

C:\Users*
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\Scripts\

admin command prompt and run:

pip3 install colorama PLTable

Then in the same command prompt run:

pip3 install prettytable

Now you have the latest v1.0.2 PLTable and pip and will get no MCE errors in UBU Tool.

@KedarWolf

I reinstalled only PLTable as indicated above and everything works

py_ver.JPG

mce.JPG

Yes, all you need to do is update PLTable. No uninstall or manual procedures required. Just run "pip install --upgrade pltable".

Oops!
It’s right. And I forgot that you can upgrade without deleting. :))

Yes, thanks for that tip!
It is really easy and worked flawlessly for my system even by running the command from within the "normal" C:\Windows\System32 folder.
Look here:

getting some funky error…

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “mce.py”, line 25, in <module>
import prettytable
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'prettytable’

I tried the command line prompt in administrator mode with the command: “pip3 install prettytable” and now I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “mce.py”, line 1043, in <module>
mce_hdr(mce_title)
File “mce.py”, line 919, in mce_hdr
hdr_pt,hdr_pt_empty = mc_table([], False, 1)
File “mce.py”, line 884, in mc_table
pt.set_style(prettytable.UNICODE_LINES)
AttributeError: module ‘prettytable’ has no attribute 'UNICODE_LINES’

I think I may re download the package in case I got a corrupted file…

Cheers

I got exactly that until I uninstalled Python completely, deleted the C:\Users*****\AppData\Local\Programs\Python folder, then did all the steps I posted a few posts above.

@SoniX

With newer Intel Gigabyte Z390 BIOS’s when I go to replace anything, I get the below error. It seems it still works though.

[Preparing for replacement]
BIOS file backup
[Replacement]
mCode FFS: parseIntelImage: unknown flash descriptor version 0.0
parseFile: non-empty pad-file contents will be destroyed after volume modifications
reconstructIntelImage: discovered unexpected 0.0 descriptor version, trying to continue…
File replaced

Direct Link to BIOS.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/B…-master_f10.zip

Edit: It does the same with Gigabyte Z490 BIOS’s.

@KedarWolf - You can ignore the Flash Descriptor comment, that is from UEFITool/UEFIReplace, it’s fine. You can drop before/after into UEFITool and see message remains same/same
Pay attention to your padding messages always though

Hello guys. Im getting the same errors as @KedarWolf. Fresh Windows 10 install. I’ve tried python 3.7 , 3.8 and 3.9 . Also I’ve tried the solutions stated above and nothing works. When i try to updare microcodes or update them from DB i get this: Traceback (most recent call last):

File “mce.py”, line 25, in <module>
import prettytable
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘prettytable’

@plutomaniac : @SoniX :
As izajasz I am not able to get the CPU Microcodes of the latest BIOS 3.42 for my ASRock X570 Pro4 updated by running UBU v.1.79.9.

I got the same error message and tried to solve the problem by running the command "pip install -U prettytable". Here is the confirmation, that the install was successful:

Unfortunately this did not solve my problem to get the CPU Microcodes updated. This was the UBU message I got:

AttributeError.png

How can I solve this problem?

@Fernando

I don’t see any problems.

asr_x570_pro4.JPG

Installed Python v3.8.3
and modules

pip_list.JPG

Added:

I think the problem is in the combination of MCE v1.49 + PLTable v1.0.2.
You need to update to the latest versions.

@SoniX :
Thanks for your quick reply and for having found the reason for my issue.
It was the version of the MCE.py file, which is within the UBU tool v1.79.9.
After having replaced the stock MCE.py file by the latest MCE.exe v1.50.0 and replaced the MCE.db file by the latest, the UBU tool v1.79.9 ran fine here as well with the ASRock BIOS 3.42.