Driver for NVMe SK Hynix Gold P31 - Windows 10 x64

Hi,

I have a HP Tampa 2 with Z370 chipset motherboard and right now I have a SAMSUNG MZVLW512HMJP-000H1 512GB NVMe inside of it. Everything’s fine: on Device Manager I have Storage Controllers with Samsung NMVe Controller listed there - version 3.3.0.2003 from 21.01.2020 and signed by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

I bought a new NVMe stick - SK Hynix Gold P31 2TB - and I’m planning to install it. But I searched for a Hynix NMVe driver and didn’t find any. Then I found this site, thanks God!

Now, do you have any idea what can I do? What driver should install for the Hynix NVMe?

@RAZVAN Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
As far as I know the Company SK Hynix has never released an own driver for their NVMe Controllers. For details please look into >these< posts.
On the other hand it will not be a problem to get the SK Hynix NVMe Controller properly working. You can find the best driver for your specific hardware configuration yourself.
According to my own experience these are very good options:
a) Microsoft’s generic Win10/11 in-box NVMe driver
b) Phison’s generic NVMe driver v1.5.0.0 WHQL
c) Micron’s NVMe driver v2.1.19.0 WHQL (installation has to be forced by pressing the “Have Disk” button)
d) Samsung’s NVMe driver v3.3.0.2003 WHQL (installation has to be forced as above mentioned)
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)