Enabling Secure Erase in Z170 OC Formula

Hey Lost now is a good time to be tinkering with PCs as there is nothing else to do unfortunately. In a previous BIOS you did successfully copy it from one BIOS to another and I even verified it worked. I think you use AMIBCP to make the copied ASR from simulated to real, I forgot the exact options.

Show me which post here, I looked back and it seemed like I said something I checked and couldn’t do, but maybe I missed it?
“Simulated to Real” thing we discussed is in MANY BIOS I see (even yours without the SE added by Asrock), this isn’t same SE you are asking about.

I may have changed that setting value for you (probably not using AMIBCP unless for simple test only), but it’s not the same SE you are using they implemented so enabled/disabled wouldn’t matter I think
Only fill drive with data, erase with that enabled, check RAW disk via hex, then repeat with disabled, would be able to tell you if it affects the Asrock SE function or not.

* Edit @MrJack - OK, I see on page 1 now! So, this is a lot more involved than it appears there, and more should have additionally been copied over too (ALL NVRAM, in ALL Areas)
This is not an ideal move to make in such an old BIOS to such a new BIOS, it may mess up many changes or improvements they’ve made.
If I were you, I’d just flash back to other BIOS to do SE, surely you don’t do it often enough where this would be a bother, right?
That, or I’d ask them directly to send you BIOS w/ it added like before, this way it’s done properly with all current BIOS stuff untouched.

Is there a way to enable SE in the 7.60 BIOS or at least adding the ASR option? I’ve tried enabling it in AMIBCP by setting it as a administrator etc… It doesn’t show up. What is the secret to making the SE that’s present, but hidden in most BIOS to show up?

-----------------------

How have Asrock added that option and made it visible? Is there a way of copying that specific module t0 the new BIOS?

----------------------

The secure erase function for 7.40B was enabled by request from Asrock itself sadly, they don’t take requests any more.

It’s not the same thing, as we’ve discussed and you quoted above (SE in stock AMI BIOS is not ASR SE, totally different thing and different settings etc)
We’ve discussed this in PM much since these posts, but replying since I combined them. I think I am waiting on test result from you on re-worked 7.40B

Hi Lost, the ASR showed up in the modded 7.40B but its performance with the 9900KS was worse than the modified 7.60 from another forum. Can you enable secure erase on 7.60?

Z17OCF7.part1.rar (5 MB)

Z17OCF7.part2.rar (2.83 MB)