Extract cpu microcode and add to other bios?

Hi,
I’m having the cpu QHQJ, intel 6th es version which is only run with older bios version. So I don’t know if i can extract the microcode from old bios then add to the new bios to run it properly? If possible, what do i have to do?
Thanks for your help!

@hootpy - Yes, you can do that, drop old BIOS that you know worked on MC Extractor and Microcode will be in “extracted” folder
Then on new BIOS, edit in microcode replacing the new version with the old, rebuild BIOS, fix FIT if necessary/used in that BIOS, done.
https://github.com/platomav/MCExtractor

Easier for me to do for you than explain, but we do have guides here about updating microcodes, here is one I main mainly focused on fixing FIT once you are done, but within it near the top I link to the other microcode edit guide we have here
[GUIDE] Update CPU Microcode + Fix FIT Using UEFITool / Hex

If you want me to do, link me to old BIOS you know works, and new BIOS version you want edited.

Thank you a lot! I will try myself first and see if it works :smiley:

You’re welcome, and good luck, you can do it

Hi, I read your guide and the link inside it, and I’m lost at "Edit master Microcode rom file in HxD Edit". I really dont know what to do or understand the process. Can you help me at this? Maybe we can chat on discord or something else?