Flashing Gigabyte while avoiding "Invalid BIOS image"

@Ruin
v0.85 DOS from B550 , and v0.84 EFI x64 from Z490

Usage:
EFIFLASH [Input or Output File Name] [Command]

Commands:
/Q - [Q]uiet mode. Don’t ask for key pressing. (Secure Flash)
/DB - Update both Main & Backup BIOS for DualBIOS System
/R - Reboot System after BIOS Update
/C - Clear DMI Data
/S - Save ROM image to file

Bypass:
!!! BIOS ID Mismatch !!!
!!! OEMID Mismatch !!!
!! Invalid BIOS image !!
The current BIOS image is outdated.

Tested on B250M-D3H, use on your own risk.

efiflash_jul18_2020.zip (220 KB)

Many thanks!
I will have the opportunity to test it soon.

@dsanke

It works Perfect!

Tested on Gigabyte Mainboards B450 I Aorus Pro

Hello,
i have a motherboard Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming.
I have the new BIOS F51
BIOS with Dell SLIC 2.5 susessfully made
With rufus a bootable stick made

If i try to flash with standartd efiflash programm, i get fehler "Invalid BIOS Image"
If I try to flash in dos I get "This program cannot be run in dos mode."
Can someone please help?
Appreciate if someone could add efiflash to post so I can SLIC my bios.

Update:
Fixed problem and bios is now SLIC’d.

I updated my Gigabyte Z390 BIOS with a beta BIOS and now when I try to flash an official BIOS I get oemid mismatch error. I tried the hex editor to bypass the oemid block but no go same error. Can I flash the latest official BIOS using the EFIFLASH tool? If so, I need some details on which EFI tool to use such as the .85 mod or standard .85 and EFI or BIOS mode. Does the BIOS need to be named BIOS.BIN on the flash drive. I haven’t done any BIOS moding or flashing in years so I am very rusty. I don’t plan of flashing both BIOSs right now but just the main BIOS. If the flash works and everything is OK then I can try to flash both of them perhaps at the same time. Suggestions and details?

Efiflash 0.87…

Efiflash v0.87.rar (47 KB)

@LameBIOS - Use mod 0.80, this is what comes with random Z390 stock BIOS I checked (z390-aorus-elite_f10c). I’m not sure if newer ones can be used on Z390 or not, it’s possible though.
#189 - Flashing Gigabyte while avoiding “Invalid BIOS image” (13)

Switch options for Efiflash.exe:
/C - Clear DMI data. (default: Keep DMI data) << Use this
/S - Save Original BIOS Image to Disk
/R - Reboot System after BIOS Update
/DB- Update both main & backup BIOS << Use on second reflash, if/when you want to flash both

You can use stock BIOS name.extension, you do not need to rename >>
Usage : efiflash [Input or Output File Name] [Command]…

Success using .80 mod.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Found v0.87 DOS in B550, EFI in Z490, so here is the update.
Use on your own risk.

The file name without "mod" is official version which I didn’t touch it. And name with mod is the bypass version.

Bypass:
!!! BIOS ID Mismatch !!!
!!! OEMID Mismatch !!!
!! Invalid BIOS image !!
The current BIOS image is outdated.

I usually use this EFI Shell because I never see compatibility issue on this version.
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/U…/Shell_Full.efi

Gigabyte-EFIFLASH-Mod-v0.87.zip (221 KB)

1 Like

Hi
Might be a stupid question but, can I use this efiflash utility for boards that normally use afuefi?
Thank you

I have an efi x470 ultra gaming board. Can please mod EFIFLASH to bypass invalid BIOS image?

Original file:

Efiflash.rar (47 KB)

@RobrPatty That EFIFlash is v0.87 and dsanke has supplied a patched version from his post here or alternatively you can download it from this thread.

Thanks. That one works with the Ga z270x gaming 7. Flashed the coffeelake tool patched f5 bios for the option that includes the i3 8350k with efiflash mod .87. I probably did something wrong though, the pc doesn’t turn on(turns off automatically in 5 sec, debug code 18) with the coffee lake cpu but it does boot normally with a g4560 i used to flash the bios. I’m thinking it was because i didn’t isolate the pads, thinking it wasn’t necessary due to the picture in the coffee lake tool thread, with i3 8350k not needing shorted or isolated pin. I was reading that gigabyte boards like z170, need to have a certain you need to pins isolated for the computer to boot? Is that the case with z270 gigabyte?

Couldn’t get it to work. Got "INVALID BIOS" using Qflash and DOS.

edit: took a break…came back flashed both main and backup in DOS. Easy as can be. thank you chinobino & dsanke.

@Tim52 The 8350K (B0 revision) does not need isolation and Gigabyte boards don’t require the SKT_OCC (socket occupied) mod either so there is likely a problem with the mod BIOS. Did you add a microcode for CPUID 906EB?

Thank You! I opened the modded bios (modded with win raid tool, option for b0 cpu) with coffee time and added the microcode you suggested to the bios. Now my ga 270x gaming 7 and i3 8350k work now . Now I’m running a full ghetto build with a p106 gpu(edited gpu drivers) and a z270 modded bios motherboard with 8th gen cpus. Thanks again @chinobino

@Tim52 Awesome! Enjoy your new CPU and thanks for reporting back

Thanks for the tool, now i am not longer on OEM bios :slight_smile: Gigabyte Z490UD

Efiflash 0.93…

Efiflash_v.0.93.zip (55.9 KB)

Please delete.

Efiflash 0.95…

Efiflash 0.95.rar (54.1 KB)