Flashing Gigabyte while avoiding "Invalid BIOS image"

hey all, i have a GA-Q170M-MK which when i goto flash the bios i get the OEMID error. Anyway to flash this? Ive read this thread and downloaded a heap of efiflash tools and the bios but i still get errors. I assume the tool is specific to this board or is it the bios file that needs modding?

EDIT: To clarify also i have performed the 01 to 00 byte change in different bios update files and tried efiflash via freedos, q-flash and flashcmd with no luck. I either get SPI flash init fail, OEMID or bios flash failed.

thank tou. i modify latest x570 gigabyte and wt h official flashbios comment illegal data. So after i use your it flash it. Please make it for new versions. And make manuals how to do it if some day you are exausted so other peoples can do it. My friend has peertube.bgzashtita.es his is against governments so you can put hacks, in the moment my friend has 100 gb. left if he has money he will put more hard disk space.

Hi everyone!

I’ve modded my X570 i aorus pro wifi from Gigabyte bios to enable a feature in BIOS settings (using AMICBP 5.02).

After saving it, the bios won’t be programmed via @bios or via q-flash in gigabyte bios.

Can you please explain what should I fix?

THanks!

I made the mistake of flashing a prebuilt company’s bios on my B550 Vision D-P and I always get OEMID mismatch so I tried Efiflash. Their version is F12 and I’m trying to flash the Gigabyte F12 as well. I used the modified 0.87 version of Efiflash and in DOS it gets to verifying 100% with no error at all then reboots, but the bios does not actually get updated after the restart. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I tried it with /V command and now it says “Fail at Address” in Verifying BIOS

Try removing your bios battery .
i also changed some boot setting to ufei !

Try removing your bios battery .
i also changed some boot setting to ufei !

Hello. I can’t flash the BIOS efiflash.exe “bios size mismatch”. Help please.

Help pls…

Efiflash 0.98

Efiflash 0.98.rar (48.1 KB)

Efiflash 0.99

Efiflash Ver.0.99.zip (56.9 KB)

i make freedos usb,put inside latest modded efiflash and my bios file and run efiflash biosname /x but all i got everytime is bad command

@vagenrider Don’t use FreeDOS, you must use MS-DOS. [Edit] FreeDoS should work fine - I think the force flash command may be the problem.

mate finally no problem.when i using qflash i got always oemid error.tried the guide from gigabyte by rename the bios to gigabyte.bin/put on specific usb port/press flash button and everything worked fine succsefully upgrated from F5a to F21a

I read through and tried everything but nothing will work. I have the Z390 Aorus elite and no matter what I just keep getting the “invalid bios image”. I updated to f10 when I shouldn’t have and need to go back down to F9. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong It’s killing me. I’m trying to DOWNGRADE my bios from F10 to F9

I drag the efiflash 0.80 mod and F9 bios into my usb drive and it gets to 75% in qflash and says “invalid bios image”…

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: I also tried using rufus and everything got to 100% and then still ended up saying “Invalid bios image!”

Hello friends.

I have this weird problem when trying to update the BIOS of my Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro motherboard (no WiFi).

It came with version F40.
Some time ago I flashed it myself to F52 (this was the most recent version back then).
In the meantime a lot of new BIOS came available, for example F60.

Now my problem: when I try to flash the BIOS in the app centre @BIOS OR the BIOS itself, it fails…

These are the different error messages I get when trying to flash in the BIOS:

60: "can’t read file"
61: "invalid BIOS image"
62d: "BIOS ID check error"

My question is: why do these errors occur? And should I try the EFIFLASH 0.95 customized version I saw in this thread that bypasses check-ups? Is it safe?

Cheers!!

@Wizzie

Does it fails also with Q-Flash?
I do suggest an incremental update and the use of Q-Flash, not Apps or Windows OS environment.

EDIT: That’s strange… are we talking about mod bios or original bios files…
I do suggest then to use Efiflash that comes with the Bios zip package (Read the TXT file), from bootable USB

EDIT: I do not recommend the use of mod Efiflash tools for now and if the official methods fails, i think you should express your issue to Gigabyte, as we do see a lot of refurbished B450 motherboards around, including your model, that’s usually a sign of issues.

Yes, the error messages I mentioned come from the Q-Flash method (in my understanding this is the program you use after entering the BIOS).

It’s an original BIOS AFAIK. Got it from the official Gigabyte website

Edit: thank you!! I’ll contact Gigabyte.

Edit2: I loaded the BIOS image on a USB stick, and suddenly it did work. Don’t know why. Put the sectors on 32, maybe that was the solution (?). Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Could anyone help me to recovery bricked Gigabyte BIOS on Z97X-UD7 TH (both the main and backup BIOS are corrupted)? I’ve flashed both the main and backup BIOS chips with CH341A but it’s still in the reboot loop.
[Problem] Bricked GA-Z97X-UD7 TH BIOS after CH431A Flash

I have an Aorus Z390 Master that I shouldn’t have updated the bios on. I need to take it back to F10 but every time I try I get the Invalid BIOS Image ! error. I just tried the Efiflash_0.80_mod (and with /x) and it still fails. Do I need to use a new modded efiflash?

Any ideas, suggestions?

Edit: I just tried using EFIFLASH 0.87 and this time I get an Invalid BIOS Image.

Thanks in advance!