Get your Intel HD3000 (Sandy Bridge) Windows 10 64bit drivers here

Any specific forums related to drivers? Like for example, this forum NEVER showed up on google search results. Only after a lot of google searches and scrolling on reddit I found someone link to this thread on a comment

The max for windows is 3.1
For Linux 3.3
So this is the end of the road.

I’m not a Linux guy so nowhere I know of but if anyone knows the extreme measures necessary to have the Windows driver support up to OGL 3.3 like on Linux someone from the Linux community likely knows it’s just about if anyone would be bothered to do it considering the age of the HD3000 now which is why we stopped at having a properly functioning Win10/11 driver as even maxing out OGL support it’s not like it would really benefit anything the IGP won’t even run the original Mass Effect 3 @ 720p smoothly.

Yea, too much work for too little reward.

Also, I found out about Intel HD P3000, it’s basically the same hardware but optimised for workstations. As quoted from a website

Hardware-wise, there is no difference between HD Graphics 3000 and P3000. So, why bother with the prefix? Intel says it’s making special changes to its graphics driver to give the P3000 solution optimized performance in workstations apps.

So can the P3000 driver files be somehow frankensteined to give a boost in performance to HD 3000?

@ket

Hi, was unable to fix this problem?
I have the same issue.
When I restart the notebook, I’m getting a black screen after the windows logo.
Need to push the power button for sleep and wake up again and the screen is back.
There is no problem when I shutdown and start it, only with restart.
Tried some different custom driver but nothing helped.
If I deactivate the driver for Intel 3000, it works, but the resolution is horrible.
No problems with win 8.1

Seen this issue in many other posts but never a solution.

It’s a Toshiba satellite c670

As above, download display driver uninstaller, run it from safe mode, restart then install the driver to see if the issue goes away. Your issue could be any number of things including a hardware fault.

@mrc I really don’t know it’s not something anyone has looked into AFAIK. In theory the P3000 driver should install on the HD3000 with just something like an INF mod adding the device ID for HD3000. As for if it would give a performance boost, who knows? Would be kinda cool if it did but most probably the optimisations the P3000 had were for boring things like spreadsheets I doubt intel did anything like rewrite the driver for better render pipeline performance or anything like that. Intel have always had horrible drivers and still do even now with their Alchemy cards, prior to Alchemy if you had an intel IGP all you could really do is update the driver to the latest available and hope intel accidentally wrote a good driver.

Check my reddit post, I detailed the steps. Also make sure you really do have an HD3000

Updated Win10/11 drivers for Intel HD 3000! (reddit.com)

According to this datasheet by intel

If your systems are to be employed by users of application like the *
Autodesk AutoCAD/Inventor
/Revit*; Adobe Premiere* Elements; *
Adobe Photoshop; SolidWorks and other similar volume professional *
*software applications, then the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 family *
with Intel HD Graphics P3000 is a solution to consider.

But I doubt that it improves performance by a big margin…

I have an Asus notebook with a HD 5300 iGPU and according to Intel’s driver and support assistant there are OEM drivers installed; in device manager the version shown is 20.19.15.4549 but Windows 10 shows under installed apps also “Intel graphics driver 10.18.15.4240”. I read that lots of old Intel GPU drivers have security vulnerabilities and as there is no updated OEM driver I thought that maybe it would be better to use the generic Intel drivers, but I read that they are only unlocked to replace OEM drivers on CPUs starting with generation 6, and mine is 5th gen. Are there any ways to get newer, secure drivers for this system?

@Flum , not with this driver. It was created specifically for the purpose of getting the most out of the 3000 series IGP, but in all honesty whatever driver you are using the security vulnerabilities it plugs are not anything to be significant. As long as you are getting close to (or the maximum) driver level support of what the hardware offers then you aren’t going to be losing much, if anything. This driver simply exists for the W10 support the 3000 series should have, its a capable GPU of decent 1080p encoding performance.

@ket I’m sorry for being off-topic, is there already a better topic for this question?
On my notebook I don’t see any special OEM options in the driver control panel and think it might be worth to try the recent generic drivers. I’m not sure but I found some hints that they maybe only block upgrading from OEM drivers, but would install if one removes all the OEM drivers beforehand (revert to Microsoft basic display driver, without internet connection so that Windows Update doesn’t install other drivers automatically in between).

Edit: I tried it with uninstalling the OEM drivers using Microsoft basic display adapter driver and then the Intel generic drivers installed just fine and seem to work normal so far. They have version *.5171, with the vulnerabilities fixed.

Thank you so much, sir. Just registered to say You saved me, and hours of headache. Sandy bridge driver works properly on windows 10 22h2.

@Flum Just seen this, download Display Driver Uninstaller, boot to safe mode and use it to remove the intel GPU drivers, boot back to normal Windows then install this package, thats it.

Hey Ket. I tried both your drivers and NightMayor’s custom driver from here - https://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/166291-custom-driver-intel-hd-graphics-2000-3000-extreme-plus-nighmayor.html but I can’t see my intel graphics 3000 in the task manager performance tab after either drivers using DDU and the outlined steps. Both drivers do work fine though as far as Windows 10 is concerned. From what I read, WDDM 2.0 is needed for a GPU to show in task manager performance tab. My hope was to have Adobe Premiere recognize and use my intel hd 3000 along with my nvidia gtx card for the best exporting performance possible like Quick Sync since Adobe had dropped support for older intel generations and require minimum 6th gen intel now for Quick Sync/dual gpu utilization. Maybe just upgrading to a custom driver WDDM 2.0 driver support would make Premiere cooperate but I am not so sure. Maybe these drivers were not intended to upgrade to WDDM 2.0 but after googling I ended up finding yours and NightMayor’s drivers. Is WDDM 2.0 supposed to be supported after installing or would that even be possible? Thanks for even making these drivers becaause I wouldn’t even know where to start with making custom drivers! :slight_smile:

These drivers were never meant for anything like that the only purpose they were made for was to have proper OpenGL and media encoding functionality in W10\11, anything else beyond that is just a bonus. There’s only so much worth doing with old hardware, WDDM 2.0 support if possible would require an entirely new, signed, driver, either from intel or MS, which suffice to say is never going to happen.

Ok got it. I wasn’t sure what the possibility of getting Premiere to use an old gen cpu was but I am planning on upgrading soon to a 12th gen anyways. Thanks for all your work anyways Ket!