[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

I’m trying to activate ME/AMT to build a Dell 9020 Hackintosh that currently has ME disabled. I’ve read the entire post here pretty carefully, and I think I understand it pretty well. MEA looks at the new image and displays the correct ME version. But after I flash my new image, pop the battery and reset the CMOS, MEINFO still displays a version number of 0.0.0.0000 (booting up in freedos and also in Windows 10).

As a new user, I’m only allowed to paste one image, so here’s my screenshot:

Here’s my original SPI:

And here’s my new image:

I load defaults and add an admin password, but still no sign that ME is present. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Do you mean AMT present or ME present? ME will work in the background all the time if not corrupted or otherwise tempered with.

Not sure what version info you refer to. Post the complete, unchanged output of MEInfo.

The second image looks properly cleaned, however the only change made in cofiguration is
to

No changes made regarding AMT settings, however.

Thanks very much for your response, @lfb6.

I thought ME must be inactive given the lack of a version number. Sounds like that’s incorrect? (Refer to the MEBx Version 0.0.0.0000)

You started to say that the only change made in configuration was to…but that got truncated. Are there other changes I need to make in FITC in order to activate MEBx?

Currently F12 works, but not ctl-P and there aren’t any new options in F12 or the BIOS setup.

Please use the search function, enabling amt is described several times in the forum.

MEBx is the ‘interface’ built into the bios- region, its version has nothing to do with ME version itself.

You might compare the xml files generated by FITc to find the changes. Possibly there were some code signes within the xml- line.

As soon as I finished the last reply, I checked FITC’s ME section. :slight_smile:
I’d been so fixated on what I might have missed in the ME cleaning instructions that it didn’t occur to me to explore a little bit.

Regarding a search for enabling AMT, a number of the answers simply point at this thread without further instructions. Despite reading several other posts, I hadn’t stumbled on one that contains “Clean ME, then do this.”

Anyway, here’s my current MEinfo. Thanks very much again for your time and guidance. It hadn’t occurred to me to go check in the obvious place. :slight_smile:

For example. (And this is actually off- topic for the ‘Cleaning’ thread)

Antitheft still enabled in the pic with working AMT

A post was merged into an existing topic: Intel (CS)ME, (CS)TXE, (CS)SPS, GSC, PMC, PCHC, PHY & OROM Firmware Repositories

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: DELL Latitude 5290 F391P rev2.0 BIOS failure

cse me 11.8 from surface pro 4 is some different at the step D4-7 Check the “OEM Public Key Hash”. There is no SMIP Signing Key and OEM Key Manifest Binary item.

I went through this step and the BIOS turned on normally after cleaning ME, but the touch failed. I followed another thread here and still didn’t fix the touch glitch (screen hardware is definitely fine, I had two surface tests)

Step D4-7 reads “7. If you are working on a CSTXE 3 - 4 SPI/BIOS image…”

If I understand you correctly you’re working on CSME 11, not CSTXE 3 or CSTXE 4?

oh…I think I was blind at that monment. thanks ,i got it now

In addition, after all this, I received two alerts .What are these two? Do I need to make any changes? Or ignore them
WHY1
WHY2

Well, the text says it, software TPM seems to be disabled and been fused into the chipset. If this setting is correctly transfered the it’s already disabled and Bootguard profile can’t be changed afterwards.

Instructions to fix the error of clear dumped intel engine after not recognizing the hard drive me 13 to 15

There’s no such thing like a ME version range for a single machine?!

Yes, instructions for cleaning (freshly initializing a corrupt ME firmware) are in the first posts of this thread.

It’s recommended to follow those instructions to the letter!

(There may not be a connection between a corrupt ME region and a not recognized harddrive, though)

only happens to me from versison 13 -15

Hello please ihae dell latitude 7430 12th gen need clean me region for bios ST:7872TQ3

hello im trying to clean the me region for dell inspiron 5482 2in1, which csme 12, but iam having error or warning in fit. see below screenshots

MEA 1.93.0 is > 4 years old

2 Likes

yeah thanks, warning/error gone using the latest me analyzer