[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

How to put?

@Mickeytang
The ME firmware is missing in the file you dump by the SPI.
Hi,Iā€™ve made it for you with the latest ME firmware and NVME supported,you could flash it by Programmer or other method.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=82746734107642563383

Hexeditor. Append bios region to the end of your other/ first dump. Check results with UEFItoolNE.

Hexeditor. Append bios region to the end of your other/ first dump. Check results with UEFItoolNE.

PC does not turn on when i flash outimage 4mb piece, but working with my dumped file, only too long start.

@Hai_kkk Without explaining what you did and posting the corresponding files itā€™s impossible to comment.

Np, i glued both files, first 4mb then 8mb, after i opened it with intel FIT and replaced me region with clear one from repo. After building there are 3 output image files, 4 8 and 12mb, so with that 4mb file my pc will not turn on, but it works with old one, only too long start.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JnXeCQWā€¦iew?usp=sharing

when i am generating the DUMMY.PEM its showing the error please help me.

@gloobox
Thank you so much Iā€™m going to test it tonight.

Youā€™re a blessing truly Iā€™ll let you know how it goes

Update- It works. @gloobox your a god. I wish you great health and success.

Only thing off is the MAC Address but i can fix that.

Thank you!

@Mickeytang
I modded the file download in official website,so mac is missing.
Happy to see your succeed!

@plutomaniac
Hello,I first throw the file into the FITc and it will prompt the error"configuration parameter size mismatch".

MOBO:Asrock B75M-ITX
BIOS version:2.00(official version)

b75.jpg

2.jpg

And I found the ME is 5MB size different from another B75/H77 chipests of ASROCK(1.5MB).But I think itā€™s not the point of the problem.
Could you tell me how to solve it?Thanks!

Read the WARNING document at Flash Image Tool folder

@plutomaniac
Thanks!I tried to open the bios file with FITc v8.1.10.1286,and it prompted no error.
But when I opened the FITc again after replacing the ME region file,the same error prompted again.

edit:
The ME region file I chose to replace is the latest version:8.1.72.3002_5MB_PRD_RGN.bin
I tried to choose the other version and found that itā€™s OK when I chose the ME version file older than the one (8.1.10.1286_5MB_PRD_RGN.bin).
It prompted the same wrong massage when I choose the ME region file newer than it(8.1.10.1286_5MB_PRD_RGN.bin).
So if Iā€™m going to update the latest ME version,how could I do?

Hello,

I have a problem when I use Image Flash Tool, it doesnā€™t work and turns off for no reason!

I followed all the first steps, I put the ME Analyzer screens with the original backup bios / ME extract from this bios (with UEFITool ā†’ itā€™s longer than it should be ??? ) / an the good ME in files in your tutorial.

I have exactly the same problems with a T460 ā€¦
If you can enlighten me?

Flash Image Tool turn off.jpg

T470 bios backup & ME Region Extract - ME Analyzer.jpg

Why are you using FIT v14 for CSME 14 firmware on your CSME 11 dump?

yes iā€™ve seen it was my problem for FIT :wink: iā€™ll test tomorrow and for the lengh of ME Extract ?

Itā€™s normal, all leftover SPI image space is appended to the Engine region by default.

Hi, itā€™s good iā€™ve a correct (i think) Outimage.bin configured iā€™m at the end (step15) but now i must insert it in bios.bin to replace the original ? How i do ?

Thanks

T470 Outimage configured.jpg

outimage.rar (3.37 MB)

You can use UEFITool v0.xx releases

Ok iā€™ve an error with UEFITool : ā€œFunction called with invalid parameterā€ i think i should insert octet because the size is not the same but how i do it with HxD i see your print on the step 15 but i donā€™t understand, sorry

EDIT : I think itā€™s good now for the size i 've injected it with UEFITool but after flash the laptop donā€™t turn onā€¦ omg !

And i canā€™t link my googledrive bios file.bin (i can send it in mp) ā†’ number of message and link

ME Clean.jpg

Everything is good it works !!! I made a mistake in the process and I clean 3 laptops so delighted, a big thank you