[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

How to clean Dumped Intel Engine CSME13-14
Regions with Data Initialization?help me please,thanks.

@lichunxin88

Havenā€™t tested it yet, probably the same as CSME 11-12. Do you have CSME 13-14 dumps? Please provide them if you do.

The guide has been updated for CSME 13-14. Same steps as CSME 11-12. Big thanks to whoever contributed with CSME 13-14 Initialized firmware dumps. Only CSME 14.5 has not been tested due to lack of equivalent FIT v14.5 and Initialized firmware dump.

@everybody, @plutomaniac I am following this Guide but I can not clear me this file. I donā€™t know why, please help me. All file and picture of MB I uploaded in this link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ā€¦xd4?usp=sharing

@aquafinatop

Try using shorter path names, for Flash Image Tool and for location the BIOS-Spi-image, and/or same for the extracted pure ME-region file if working with that. Also make sure the filename of the SPI/BIOS-image or of the extracted ME region file is not too long.

I use HXD and merge two bios 4MB and 8MB into 1 file.bin and use FITC is ok right now. But I donā€™t know why how to padding when ME region files are different sizes. I see my original file SKU 5MB but the file was cleared me by my friend that sent to me is SKU 1.5MB (file flash ok)

For anyone thatā€™s interested in unlocking full OPI speeds to 4 GT/s on Dell laptops, Iā€™ve finally found the way to do it. Iā€™ve written a full detailed guide here

Error!please help me.CS V14. BIOS size is 16MB.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Wrong CSME v14 System Tools package, download the proper one for your firmware version

Which Package?

4.png

@ plutomaniac
@Lost_N_BIOS
in ms-7687 ver 4.2 board during clean me showing a lot of errors. on board two eeprom exist one is 4mb another is 2mb. first i combine both and make 6mb eeprom as per bios structure.
after put this image to fitc to clean me fitc tool shows error decomposed vscc 0xFFFFFFFF does not match. if i ignore this warning and moving forward clean me as per clean me instruction it shows again another warning flash device 35 didnot find a historic VSCC value and fitc did not build any image.
i tried both fitc version
v8.1.10.1286
v8.1.40.1456
but not successed to clean me of this image. even i try another dump download from internet but condition same again.
please guide how to clean me in this type situation.

uploading original dump taken with help of programmer rt809f
thankyou

error 1.jpg

error 2.jpg

error 3.jpg

serial no..jpg

eeprom dump.rar (3.51 MB)

@ plutomaniac
@Lost_N_BIOS
In hp LA-E821P REV 1.0 laptop board during clean cs(txe) find rsa key.so i tried as per plutomaniac guide but stuck while i take all steps carefully.
in motherboard 8 mb flash eeprom 1.8v soldered. so i backup it & try to clean its CS(TXE) bcoz it taking too much time to display.
I create dummy.pem key 4096 bcoz its showing smip key length 0x004000 in me analyzer aftet -dfpt command.
but when i press build image its given warning failed to build.
first i think may bios corrupted.so i download another dump from internet & tried it but same problem.
again i download oem .exe from hp website & extract it i got 8mb complete bin file from exe.i flash it in my eeprom my problem resolve display come as fast as it should be.
now i think to try with this fresh bin for confirmation but again same error appear.
i want to ask how can we resolve cs(txe) clean in this type problem please guide
i m uploading errors pic & my steps pic & fresh working dump for you.
thankyou

MY SETTINGS.jpg

PEM KEY PIC.jpg

smip key size.jpg

FAILED TO BUILD.jpg

la-e821p rev1.0.jpg

BID 0832E.rar (3.65 MB)

@earthoo7 - Please edit both posts above, and put full system model in each one, so I can keep BIOS in proper folders on my end, thanks
@plutomaniac will have to help you with post #291, doesnā€™t look like something I know how to solve.
Post #292 issue, that may be due to using incorrect size, not sure on that either, sorry. I guess plutomaniac will have to advise you on both of these, sorry, I donā€™t know a lot about ME FW

@Lost_N_BIOS
@plutomaniac
i updated my both post with upload each board model image.
hope plutomaniac will answer soon.
thankyou

Delete Flash device 34, 35 & 36 from Flash Image > Descriptor Region > VSCC Table

CSTXE not Initialized, does not need cleaning

@plutomaniac
For ms-7687 your guidence correct & fitc now able to clean its me region.
after clean me i tested its working fine.thankyou

in la-e821p rev 1.0 i upload direct output of hp .exe package only for testing purpose.bcoz as i mention it is working okay.as we know hp mostly provide whole flash file in their .exe package.while another menufacturer provide only bios region mostly.so always not lucky to get full flash size
so i ask to clean it me section.
but main question is here why it gives error to clean while i take each step same as you describe.
if need initialized or backup dump i have it till now .
i m uploading old dump to clean cs(txe) region.

backup.rar (3.76 MB)

It works just fine. Follow the instructions again exactly as you see them.

@ plutomaniac
ok i am tried it again & found my mistake.now i clean cs(txe) of this file too successfully with help of your guidelines.thankyou

but i need to know a little more thing how you identify in ms-7687 need to remove 34 35 36 vscc entry while at last step if we ignore warning it giving error for 35 vscc table related.

@earthoo7 - Glad you got it sorted out! I didnā€™t need actual motherboard # or serial, I wanted the general model names of both BIOS (so I could keep those dumps in proper name folder, like example >> HP 360, MSI Z77-M-Power etc)

FD data overflow due to too many VSCC entires added by Lenovo and FITC failing to check that edge case.