[Guide] CoffeeLake CPUs on Skylake and KabyLake mainboards

Hi! Can you please help me with my M8i motherboard? Im currently using 6700k and would like to use a 9900k.

Is there anyway you can help me please?

Hi! Can you please help me with my M8i motherboard? Im currently using 6700k and would like to use a 9900k.

Is there anyway you can help me please?

You should be able to mod a 2202 UEFI with Coffee Time and I think there are even some more advanced/specialized mods done by hand cirulating for the Impact. But you will most likely need a CH134A flasher to read out your current chip and flash back the mod as almost all ROG Z170 have a locked descriptor region. At least I would not know how to perform an temporary unlock as the traces chosen by intel for this are part of the audio interface and getting at the contacts of M8Is audio codec during boot-up would be a very special challenge.

CoffeeTime 0.99
— Download —
----- Mirror -----

- Added 16-threaded CPUs support for any s1151 22nm boards (method provided by @dsanke ).
- Added fix to remove “ME abnormal” warning on MSI boards with disabled ME. (also by @dsanke )
- Added fix for Clevo Z370 with disabled ME to bypass auto shutdown. (also by @dsanke )
- Added possibility to setting up boot RAM freq to 2133 (may be usefull to starts high-freq RAM with 1440 CPUs).

Enjoy!

Is this as gerat as it seems? 16 thread support with any board AND any BIOS? Asus beyond 2202?

PCGH_Torsten
Exactly.
ASUS 100 v3xxx, ASUS 200, MSI 100/200, Biostar 100/200, ASRock 200, etc - now all boards can use 8/16 CPUs w/o restrictions.

This makes 100 series timeless. i9 9900 is enough for next few years.

_

Hello.
I have a Clevo 770dmg, and I want to use 9th Intel core.
May I simply use this method modify my present bios?
If not, what else should be carried on?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to your reply.

Thank you very much svarmod and dsanke, I successfully modded and flashed BIOS 3805 on my Z170 Pro Gaming with a QQLS

Hi @mooms I got a question regarding your QQLS setup - does this CPU requires shorting two pins for SKTOCC signal to work properly? I’m checking quide on aliexpress store and they only mention bios mod, there is nothing about shorting the pins for this CPU to make it work on Z170/Z270 so I’m curious. Also did you do any other pin mods for this ES CPU?

Hi @Afaiku
You don’t need any pin mod wiith these CPU, only BIOS mod.

Oh that is very nice! I just got order one QQLS for my Asus Z270 and was wondering about it. Thx 4 info.

Any chance developing a Coffe Time that works on Clevo P870DM-G stock bios?

What is the procedure with this new CoffeeTime tool for Maximus IX Extreme and latest 1301 BIOS? Do i need to patch and click everything so it is green? Anything special i should do or avoid? ME version in BIOS is 11.8.50.3399 - should i replace it with the higher corporate version 11.8.77.3664? Also for VBIOS+GOP? Microcodes? Is the socket enable mod still necessary with retail 9th gen CPUs? If i save image as a CAP file can it be flashed with the USB Flash Back board feature? What name?

@mooms

I´ve a z170i Pro Gaming and a QQLS working great with a moded 2003 BIOS.

I´m going to try to install a new 3805 moded BIOS and I´d like to ask you which ME Version and VBIOS version I should set.

Also, did you applied all patches and fixex? (I guess PCIe 1440 is not needed)

Thank you in advance!

Here is the BIOS 3805 prepared with CoffeeTime 0.99, pay attention to ME, VBIOS + GOP, and microcodes. ME version is not really important as long as it’s disabled.
PCIe 1440 is only needed with 6c/12t (QQLT).

@mooms

Thank you very much, I got it ready, I´ll try it tomorrow.

I hope it helps to improve RAM speed (2800Mhz stable atm) and with adaptive VCore that´s not working fine with 2003.

On coffeetime0.92, there’s an option for nvme fix. What does it do actually?

No need for insulating the pins too?