[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programmer

Hello,

I am trying to recover the BIOS of a Lenovo IdeaPad 320-17IKB. But the size of the BIOS.FD file (9.457kB, 9,2MB), the BIOS ROM, is larger than my 8MB (64MBits) GIGADEVICE GD25Q64 BIOS chip. I think it also contains things like the EC ROM. Could someone please help me? I can just write and erase the chip. Now the device just turns on and off repeatedly.
BIOS.zip (5.1 MB)

AsProgrammer v2.0.4 (26-07-2023)

Release Version 2.0.4 Ā· nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash (github.com)

Has anyone had problems with the 1.8 V adapter? I cannot get it to work. Iā€™m measuring the input 3.3 V clock with an oscilloscope and can see that itā€™s toggling, but the 1.8 V output clock is not.

However, having a closer look at the level shifter IC I wouldnā€™t expect the adapter to work either. The IC is a TI SN74ALVC164245 and the datasheet describes the IC as a ā€œ16-Bit 2.5-V to 3.3-V or 3.3-V to 5-V Level-Shifting Transceiverā€. It doesnā€™t support 1.8 V!!

Iā€™m confused. I suppose itā€™s working for most people? Iā€™ve seen pictures of the adapter populated with an NXP version of the ALVC164245 IC. This version seems to support a wider voltage range, all the way down to 1.5 V.

So, Iā€™m guessing that someone put the TI version as a second source, but never checked that it was fully compatible.

/F

Hello, am trying to flash a winbond W39L040P-90B is the external flasher compatible with this chip bios?
Thanks

This is a 32 PLCC package, needs the right adapter or pcb holder and a compatible app with the IC model on his database.

1 Like

Hello MeatWar, the bios chip is soldered on motherboard.
Am searching compatible external bios flasher to reflash the bios.
Thanks

ā€¦whats the surprise here, that the IC is soldered???
You now have the info of the package and specs, do your job and start looking for something that fit your needs using your time not others task on their spare time, this is NOT a ā€œregularā€ IC that usually you see users asking help on how to work with it.