[Guide] Integration of AMD's AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3 CD

If you couldn’t find it, I recommend to look intensively into the first post of this thread.

Important is the interface of the OS (XP x86 needs 32bit drivers, XP x64 needs 64bit drivers).

Hi this sata driver dosent work on my asus prime b550 - plus, can i get help?

Im using windows xp pro 64 bit

@noname1
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Which specific SATA driver do you mean and what happens resp. which error message did you get?
With which mode (AHCI/IDE/RAID) is the on-board AMD SATA Controller running resp. which are its HardwareIDs?
Without these iformation I cannot help you.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi
i use this driver MEGA (using the 64 bt one for Windows XP 64bit)
and i get the 7b bsod idk if its beckuse of the usb or sata
my sata contror Hardwhare id is = PCI\ven_1022&DEV_43EB&CC_0106

@noname1
I am sorry, but I cannot help you.
This is the thread about how to integrate AMD AHCI/RAID drivers into an XP x86/x64 CD, but this requires a driver ( *.sys file), which supports the on-board AMD SATA Controller.
Unfortunately the XP compatible AMD drivers, which I am offering within the first post of this thread, do not support modern AMD chipsets and vice versa the modern AMD AHCI/RAID drivers do not support outdated Windows Operating Systems like Windows XP.
To be able to get XP x86/x64 installed onto a modern AMD chipset system running in AHCI or RAID mode the user needs a driver, whose driver itself (that is the *.SYS file) has been modded by changing its hex code. Since this would be a severe violation of the driver manufucturer’s Copyright, I don’t offer such modded drivers.

Hello Dieter,
I have the same hardware ID as @noname1 (DEV_43EB) and I would like to know if doing modifications to the driver’s hex is hard or not and if it is possible to tell me, how can I do it.
Don’t worry, I will not share the driver if I modify it and will keep it to myself to avoid any Copyright violation.
Also, I don’t know where I can find a valid 32 bits driver since the driver used is Microsoft’s.

Thanks in advance for your answer

@AlfaYT
It is very easy to modify an hex coded file by using an Hex Editor like HxD, but the chances are extremely high, that the modified driver will not properly work.
Since I have never tried to modify the hex code of a *.SYS file (this would be a clear Copyright violation), I cannot help you.

Fernando hello! Please tell me is there an AHCI driver for the amd ryzen 7 5800x3d b550m chipset for Windows XP for integration into the distrubutive ? ) I install WinXP 32bit

To be able to answer your question, I need the HardwareIDs of your on-board AMD AHCI Controller.

1 Like

Since I am currently travelling without access to my driver archive, you will have to wait some days for my answer.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::handshake:

Fernando hello! Have you forgotten me? Just reminded you:)

@Valera2007
I haven’t forgotten you, but I was on a 2.500 km travel by car and just came back last night to my home town, where my driver archive and all required tools are located.
Attached is the freshly mod+signed “Universal 32bit AMD AHCI driver v6.1.3.35 for XP” dated 01/08/2014, where I have added today the missing HardwareIDs of your on-board AMD SATA AHCI Controller.
As I ghave already written within my Guide (= start post of this thread), my mod+signed AMD AHCI drivers may not support modern PC systems. Although the *.INF and *.OEM files have been customized by me correctly, I am not sure, whether the driver itself (= *.SYS file) will work with the rather modern on-board AMD SATA AHCI Controller. Due to the Copyright rules I generally do not modify the hex code of any *.SYS file. So if my offered mod+signed driver should not work for your specific system, I cannot help you.
Please let us know the result of your test. If you should be able to get Windows XP installed in AHCI mode, I will update the start post of this thread and offer the freshly mod+signed driver for everyone with a similar AMD chipset system.
Good luck and thanks in advance for your feedback!

Edit: Since the attached driver obviously didn’t work, I have removed it.

Ok I’ll try to install from a flash drive today. In case of an A5 error, I will go tomorrow to buy a DVD drive and then I will tell you what and how. My friend has an intel processor, thanks to your driver, the installation started. Today we will try on AMD.

Now I tried to install winxp from a flash drive, an error 7b appeared. When I buy a DVD drive, I’ll unsubscribe how it turned out.

Questions:

1. Are you sure, that you have set the AMD SATA Controller within the BIOS to “AHCI” before?
  2. How did you present the driver after having pressed F6 and what exactly happened? Which messages did you get and which answers did you give?
  3. Did you integrate any other mass storage driver into the XP SP3 Image?

I ask these questions, because the “STOP: 0X0000007B” BSOD indicates, that you have offered a wrong resp. not matching mass storage driver. Since I have added the correct HardwareIDs of the on-board AMD SATA AHCI Controller, a 7B BSOD usually should not happen.

1 Like

Let me tell you step by step what I did. 1. Downloaded the official winxp 32bit from the website. 2. The ISO was unpacked using UltraISO and later unpacked into a folder. 3.I started nLite, selected driver integration and ISO creation, later I selected one driver, your 32-bit AMD XP-AHCI CONTROLLER (scsiport) driver appeared, clicked continue, then created an ISO image, everything was integrated, created an ISO unpacked to a USB flash drive (using winsetupfromusb). 4 Later I started the installation, pressed all sorts of F7 so that error A5 did not appear, but error 7B appeared (

1 Like

@Valera2007
Thanks for the details.
Meanwhile I have modded and signed an older AMD AHCI driver.
Please try the attached driver and report whether it worked or not.
Good luck!
Universal 32bit AMD AHCI driver v1.2.1.321 for XP mod+signed by Fernando.rar (63.0 KB)

1 Like

I tried the driver ! Maybe this is my mistake, but the error is “AMD _sata file.sys not found” Right now I’ll try to do it all over again, suddenly my mistake. But this is unlikely.(