[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

x64 multi proseccer x64 uniproseccer and other all option select for installation but same result please help me

If you have tried all possible ACPI settings, I cannot help you.
The installation of Windows XP x64 onto a system with brandnew hardware seems to be much more difficult than the installation of Windows XP onto such modern system.

By the way: Why didn’t you answer my other questions?

Sorry For my English please tell me About ACPI Setting which option select for installation

Bios Setting in AHCI mode & another i try to install Windows Xp 64 in IDE mode but no result blue screen or XP 32bit SP3 running fine in IDE mode is & in AHCI mode As your instraction installation in Complete but XP 64 not install in IDE & AHCI mode with AHCI driver modification & Without AHCI driver modification please help me Thank you

I don’t know the best possible ACPI setting for your special system. You have to find it out yourself.

It seems possible for me, that it isn’t possible to get Windows XP x64 installed onto a modern Intel Chipset system from 8-Series up.

I am stuck with a very similar situation as this person. I have an EP45-UD3L rev 1.0 board (ICH10), wanting to install Windows XP 32bit SP3. Tried fresh install with integrating DEV_3A03 & DEV_3A23 drivers on installation disc, couldn’t detect HDD (stop 7B), got rid of RAM sticks & tried replugging different SATA plugs with all possible AHCI & IDE combinations (same result, stop 7B during install). Tried re-DLing installation disc with modded drivers again (same result). Tried pressing F5 & F7 (when it tells you to press F6 for drivers) but it does not show anything useful.

So I did an install using IDE mode and attempted to switch the drivers in device manager, it’s not working so far (tried both 3A03 and 3A23), it only shows 3A26 and 3A20 in device manager. Unlike drgary83 I have no issues re-attempting a fresh install (but I already tried 2 installation discs), have not tried changing the registry. I do not own a copy of my MB Utility disc, floppy disk not an option.

Please help @Fernando

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted text removd (to save space)

Only one of the 2 DeviceID is the correct one and you should highlight just this single Controller while integrating the driver. You can check it by unplugging all HDDs/SSDs except the system drive (where the bootsector is). After having done that, you should boot into the currently running OS and check the DeviceID of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller.

Did you really get the XP Setup message, that no HDD could be detected or got you the BSOD at once?
The 7B BSOD message indicates, that you either have integrated a wrong driver resp. Intel SATA Controller or used a previously modified XP CD as source.
Question: Do you own an original (untouched) XP CD?

The Intel SATA Controllers have different DeviceIDs in IDE and in AHCI mode.
I repeat:
1. Make sure, that you are using an untouched XP image as source.
2. Check the correct DeviceID of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller, where your system drive is connected.
By the way: Your problem has much more to do with >this< topic than with this thread. This makes it difficult for other users to find your posts and my replies.

@ CaptainRambo:

As a consequence I have moved the last posts into the correct thread.

Thanks for moving my post to the more relevant thread.

I’ve only had the one HDD plugged in the whole time when installing XP. When booting XP installed with IDE mode, it only shows those controllers, and 197B-2368. There is nothing else that shows that’s related to ATA controllers. No "Intel SATA AHCI Controller".

Should I bother connecting back my SSD and load Windows 7 to see if Device Manager shows something different?

I got the 7B BSOD message, I do not have a SP3 disk, I have a SP2 that I haven’t tried yet but it may be scratched/damaged. I have to find it. Lastly I ran out of blank CD’s, can I possibly install XP off a USB?

Yes, this may help to find out the correct DeviceID of the on-board Intel SATA Controller running in AHCI mode.

I have a SP2 that I haven’t tried yet but it may be scratched/damaged.

This is not an answer to my question.
Has the XP SP2 CD a Microsoft hologram? From whom did you get the CD? Is there a file named WINNT.SIF withi the i386 directory of the CD?

Sorry, I meant to say that I own an original Microsoft hologram disc years ago, I got it with my PC bundle i bought in 2008 so it should be a legitimate one, but it does not have a file named WINNT.SIF. Is this a problem?

Thanks for your help / replying btw. :slight_smile:

No, it would have been a problem, if the file is present.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I have figured out that I had been using the wrong driver(s). The correct driver for the Gigabyte ep45-UD3L rev 1.0 is 3A22. I had been using the wrong ones.

Successfully installed with AHCI enabled in BIOS.

Hello , i need suitable sata driver for install xp on my Dell mini 1010

DSC_0199.JPG

@ ZSOKIC:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

There is no need to integrate any SATA driver into the XP image, because your Dell system is running in IDE mode (and not in AHCI or RAID mode).
Windows XP with integrated SP2 or SP3 has a suitable in-box MS IDE driver, which will run fine with your system. Furthermore there is no Intel IDE driver available at all.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Dieter,
I have an Asus x551m laptop system with Baytrail chip and the dreaded 0x0f23 AHCI SATA controller and am at my wit’s end trying to install XP. I’ve got an original, unmodified XPSP3 CD. I integrated your Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, which has the Intel BayTrail SATA Controllers DEV_0F23 modified by Fernando, and selected only that controller file out of the 40 or so listed during the textmode driver integration using NLite. I burned that new Nlite integrated XP to a CD, set my BIOS to AHCI SATA mode and booted using the internal DVD-ROM drive of the system. I got an “ACPI.sys” 0xa5 error. Then, I rebooted, pressed F5 during install and selected “Standard PC”, as I knew this would eliminate ACPI. Then, I got a 0x7b BSOD. Finally, I rebooted the XPSP3 integrated CD a third time, pressing F7 during install. Now, I didn’t get ANY bluescreen, but the system just locks at the “Starting Windows” after textmode drivers have been loaded. In all three of the installations attempted, I can hear XP trying to detect the hard drive, which is a standard 2.5" 500 GB magnetic drive, which I had reformatted to a single partition, activated, with a MBR. The old GPT partitions were deleted and the drive completely repartitioned in DOS before even attempting the XP instal.

My BIOS does support IDE mode and AHCI modes. I’ve enabled CSM mode (=legacy mode), and also disabled secure boot. Under “OS” settings in BIOS my only options are “Windows 7” and “Windows 8.X”, so I’ve selected “Windows 7”. I should note that XP will also NOT install in straight IDE mode! Why? The same symptoms as above, described my three attempts to install in AHCI mode resulted. Very, very frustrating. I CAN install Windows Vista, and Windows 7 successfully. I used original, unmodified DVDs for each of those OSes, and didn’t integrated ANY drivers there. I merely deleted the current HD partition, repartitioned using the disk formatter on the respective Vista / Win 7 discs before the install. They both installed fine, even detected ACPI mode and AHCI drivers during install. I even installed the Intel v. 9.4.4.1006 chipset drivers, and my DeviceID for the HD in Vista / Win 7 DOES show as Baytrail 0x0f23! Why?

How can Vista, which is an almost 10-year old OS install just fine from the retail 2006 DVD, but XP with your 2012 AHCI integrated driver fail miserably every time? I tried putting XP on a USB memory stick with WinBoottoUSB v. 1.6 beta. I even booted it from the USB2 slot, then the USB3 slot, and exactly the same errors as described in my attempts above with the Integrated driver XPSP 3 CD-R. I even plugged my XPSP3 CD-R into an external USB DVD-drive, and booted THAT using the USB slots in the system, instead of the internal SATA DVD-R drive in the laptop. All three iterations desribed above were attempted, and resulted in the EXACT same behvavior, in BOTH IDE mode and AHCI mode.

Short of taking a sledge hammer to my otherwise excellent new laptop, what CAN I do? I thought about physically taking the HD out of the system, putting it in a system that I can install XP on, then select “Standard PC” using F5 during install, getting that non-acpi version on the drive, with NO other drivers, then putting that drive back into my laptop, and booting it up. Would that possibly work. I DID get a version of XP to work on this baytrail system, using Hiren’s BootCD. It has a “Mini XP” on it, which can be booted from the USB memory stick. It loads XP, but ONLY when I press F5 during the boot process and select “Standard PC”. When pressing F7, it hangs with NO BSOD or 0xA5, or 0x7b errors. before loading the OS.

Why the hell is this system so LOCKED DOWN to Win 7 / 8 UEFI? I’m screaming mad at ASUS / Microsoft for intentionally crippling it.

Help, please if anyone has any more suggestions to try, I will GREATLY appreciate any help! Many thanks (and much admiration of your XP skills) in advance…

@ raybestos:
Thanks or your deailed report and for your unbroken belief in my help, but I doubt, that I am able to solve your problem.

These are my personal conclusions after having read all your reports:

1. It is obviously impossible to get any real AHCI driver like the Intel RST ones running with your baytrail system.
    Possible reason: Intel’s BayTrail chipset doesn’t fully support the AHCI standard features. The generic MS AHCI driver just simulates some of them.
  2. Generally it should be possible to install Windows XP installed in IDE mode onto your system (unless ASUS has blocked it).
    Note: Not all manufacturers of laptops allow the installation of any Operating System onto their product, which had been delivered with a certain OS.

Thanks for your reply-- I still credit you with the best XP skills of anyone! So, there’s nothing I did incorrectly during the attempted installation of AHCI drivers, then?

The system behaves, while in IDE mode, as if it is still in AHCI mode only during the install of XP. The HD is recognized and shows up as an ATAPI IDE drive in MS- DOS and Linux. The HD doesn’t show up in DOS when AHCI mode is selected in Bios.

So, you think my problem is a BIOS problem of intentionally limiting the install of XP? I’m confused, as I can install 1) Windows 95, 2) Windows 98 / ME 3) MS-DOS 4) Vista 5) Windows 7, 6) Windows 8/8.1 7) Windows 10, 8) Linux in short EVERY other OS besides Windows XP, which is what I want to do! I’ve actually installed all eight of those OSes just to see if it is possible!

Perhaps a hacked BIOS?

Why, in your learned opinion does the MiniXP Windows XP installation from Hiren’s BootCD work? It loads the full desktop, all of Windows XP Pro in a “stripped down” version. This stripped down XP runs in both IDE mode and AHCI mode, but I can’t see the HD in AHCI mode using “My Computer”. But, again, I must press F5 and select “Standard PC” during install. I can even run the NVDM MS-DOS command prompt in that XP version. So, it IS possible! I just can’t get the OS to install from scratch from the OEM CD.

Even more confusing is the fact that Windows XP drivers for all the components of this Asus x551m laptop ARE available, wi-fi, NIC, sound, touchpad, Intel drivers, etc…

Incidently, using the Seagate DOS hard drive tools, the HD reports as “Security Freeze Locked.” I don’t think this impacts the ability to install XP, as I was able to successfully wipe the drive, MBR, repartition and reformat, 8 times actually during the successful install of all those OSes listed above. Have you heard of this security freeze lock impacting the XP install ever?

EDIT: I’m now going to try installing Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs which was released in 2005. Also note that I have NOT attempted any install of Windows XP, 64 bit edition SP1 because it seems your 64-bit Universal AHCI driver pack 11.20.006 is offline, none of the links working. Does it contain a SATA AHCI 0x0f23 deviceid? If you can put it back online and/or post it as an attachment, I’ll try XP64 for completeness sake, but I feel it probably won’t work anyway.

Hi everyone,

I experienced an error (Blue Screen of Death - 0x0000007B BSOD) when I tried to do a fresh installation of Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) on my SATA3 Western Digital Hard drive on my desktop PC.
Nevertheless, I have managed to install it successfully and I would like to share with everyone.

Here are the required steps:
=====================
1. Download Fernando’s Modified AHCI Drivers
- Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando
2. You will need to create a customized installation CD which will merge Fernando’s Modified Drivers into your existing Windows XP installation CD using a free software called nlite (www.nliteos.com)
3. You can download a step-by-step guide to create this customized CD using nLite from this website
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Op…SOD/td-p/114120
4. You can use this step-by-step guide for both desktop PC and notebooks. You will follow the same steps(1 through 9). For Step 10, you will need to select the correct textmode driver for your desktop or notebook.

I have a Intel 8 Series Chipset (H81M) which uses the C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. For Step 10, I selected “SATA AHCI Controller DEV_1C02” which is the hardware ID (www.driveridentifier.com)
My motherboard is Gigabyte H81M-Gaming 3 which is the similar to H81M-S2PV for this purpose.

Wish you luck,
Damdeok

My current system
============
Motherboard: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-H81M-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.0)

Hard Drive:
Western Digital (WD Blue series)
Model: WD5000AZLX (SATA 6 Gb/s)

Device Name: Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Hardware ID : PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02

EDIT by Fernando: Link to the driveridentifier site removed.

Both links are working. I just have checked it.

Yes, it does.
Good luck!