[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

BOSD :slight_smile:

with error code: 0x0000007b

This error code usually indicates a wrong textmode driver.
Did you use the same XP CD as before?

I used your modded driver for dev: 9c03 rev. 04

And this is the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller?

yes.
Full id taken from device manager is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_06531028&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_06531028
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106

@ jeronimo:
Thanks for the reply.
It is hard to believe, that you have used the same XP CD as before, where you succeeded with the OS installation, but now get a BSOD by hitting F7 instead of F5.
I donā€™t have any explanation for the error message you got. Maybe you should just retry it?

yeah, windows can be installed only under f5 standard option, on f7 crashes.
Can the ACPI setting be altered after the windows is installed?
If I could get the intel power manager up and running it would be great, or only if system could recognize two processors.

What about the BIOS?
Look into your mainboard manual. Maybe you can change the ACPI setting there.

bios is all closed, no options available and I have no clue haw to modify it :frowning:

I saw that on F5 I have more options :slight_smile: as user Syah03 had and like him I do not know which to choose.
I choose a advance configuration and power management (ACPI) and windows installes. now I am trying to install DPRU drivers what they will tell. But for now still have only one processor, but floppy is gone :slight_smile:

Just try another option and look what happens.
When you have found the best ACPI setting, donā€™t forget to post it here.

No matter which ACPI I use the windows or crashes or the Intel engine management driver is not working (with a yellow !, and error 10 device cannot start).
The id is: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV&9C3A&SUBSYS_06531028&REC_04\3&11583659&0&B0
If someone know how to bruteforce this driver or another idea. Without this the two graphic cards can not work and the system will only recognise one processor.

It may be a good idea to post your current ACPI/Intel ME problem into >this< Forum section.

Hi all,

First post on here. Have been reading this thread extensivly :stuck_out_tongue:
Iā€™m trying to install XP 32-bit on my laptop; HP Spectre 13 x2 13-h275eo. The SATA controller is Intel 8 series:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_2152103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_2152103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106

The problem is that I canā€™t get it to boot from USB which contains XP. Previously I have managed to install W7 32-bit.
So I donā€™t even get to the point of verifying the integration of SATA drivers. I think.
The drivers I integrated was https://mega.co.nz/#!dRFTwbja!5tDoO32mihā€¦1gtMQpVTBehSClE
Today I tried Rufus software to create a bootable USB, but this too didnā€™t work.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your work! :slight_smile:

@ Krillo:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since Windows XP natively doesnā€™t support USB 3.0 Controllers, you have to use an USB 2.0 port.

This driver should work for your system, if you have chosen the "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C03 (added by Fernando)" during the driver integration procedure.

You have to choose the MBR boot option.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for your reply!
There are only 2 USB 3.0 ports on this laptop. In BIOS there is a setting "USB 2.0 pre-boot", which I have enabled. Since my USB stick has a LED, I can see when the computer reads from it, and it reads for a couple of seconds after choosing boot device and then halts, screen black.
Iā€™m thinking I should add USB drivers somehow, because I suspect the laptop switches to USB 3.0 at this point, and then canā€™t read the USB stick anymore. But then again, I can use the USB stick when running W7 as usual, so I donā€™t know.

Iā€™m trying to install XP-32 bit on a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX motherboard desktop system.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asā€¦N82E16813128714
XP can install and run, but only while bios is configured in IDE mode.
The onboard Intel 217 LAN and Realtek 1150 audio work okay.
However, if re-attempting installation while in AHCI mode, the install proceeds normally, copying files onto the hard drive, but (only as far as the final re-boot to desktop) and then blue screens/system halts.
Itā€™s puzzling why Intel quit supporting XP for newer chipset hardware, while Realtek still supports it.
Iā€™ll be trying once again using Fernandoā€™s modded RST driver slipstreamed onto an XP install disc.

Edit: Is there an easy method of removing some of the mostly outdated hard drive controller drivers from the XP SP3 disc?
Thereā€™s dozens of useless drivers that get copied over in text mode, such things as: Mylex, ULi, LSI Logic, SCSI floppy, SiS, High Point Rocket Raid, etc.

@ rvail623:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Donā€™t forget to choose the correct ACPI setting by hitting F5 or F7 while starting with the XP installation.

You can let nLite do it for you, but these old drivers donā€™t harm the XP installation procedure with modern hardware.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Update: XP installed on Z97 board with AHCI mode enabled; used F5 key, which offered 2 choices: something like ā€œi486 computerā€ or ā€œOther: (supply a configuration file)ā€. Picked ā€œi486ā€ option, and installation completed; Fernandoā€™s modded AHCI driver appeared in Device Manager. However: the system cannot now shut off power by itself at shutdown. Instead: screen says ā€œReady to power offā€ and waits for user input to switch power off. Also: USB 2.0 port driver seems defective, in that any USB drive connected is seen as unformatted and empty.

Thanks for your feedback, It is fine, that you succeeded at least.

Ok, the old OS has problems with the much newer hardware devices. Maybe you can get the shut down problem solved by changing the Energy Options or the Intel Management Engine.
If you should find a solution, please report it here.

A 2nd AHCI mode install successful, and without using any F key. This time, the power off feature is working normally.
So: I would recommend not using the F5 key option.
The USB 2.0 driver remains problematic, but a proper driver should solve that, because a prior installation of XP-32 bit (+ bios set to IDE mode) was able to use USB 2.0 okay.