[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

@ Mhmd Bizri:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I can help you, if you give me the required informations about the on-board SATA Controller (name, SATA mode and - if possible - HardwareIDs) of your Shuttle PC.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando!

Compliments for this forum and your appreciable commitment. I’m currently trying to create an installation copy of WinXP Pro with nLite and I’d like to include as many drivers as possible (not all the driver packs, but the most needed). It seems that MassStorage, Chipset and LAN should be the best choice (even because I’m attempting to not exceed a 700 MB cd). But I’m concerned about making this copy work both in real and virtual machine (we all know how it’s convenient to have WinXp running in VirtualBox, especially with the generous hardware resources of these days).

In particular, it’s been reported (about 4 years ago) that it’s impossible to integrate both the MassStorage pack and your modded drivers (32 and 64 bit MSM AHCI & RAID) without getting a BSOD in VirtualBox (SATA mode). It seems that the integration process ends successfully: firstly, integrating your drivers via nLite (selecting all the available controllers) and then integrating the MassStorage pack via DriversPack BASE (as it’s commonly suggested for integrating any of the driverpacks in driverpacks.net), selecting again all the available controllers. But then, once in VBox a BSOD appears.
Perhaps, there was a mistake in the order of the integration of the drivers. Perhaps, the SATA drivers, included in the MassStorage pack, had overwritten some of yours, vanishing the first integration. Is it possible something like that?

Unfortunately, I cannot test on my own because I don’t have a SATA controller at the moment. The installation copy of WinXP that I’m trying to create is intended to run on PCs with SATA controller that I, or someone I know, could have in the near future.
As far as you know, could it be possible to integrate both MassStorage pack and your modded drivers without getting any error when running in SATA mode in VirtualBox? If not, having the necessity to run WINXP in VBox, I should create another installation ISO with only your modded drivers, unless there is another program like VBox but able to manage SATA mode without giving any error.
Please I need your suggestions, especially for successfully having WinXP working in real and virtual machine (SATA mode) with just 1 installation cd.

@ Alps:

This will not work by using nLite, because the integrated drivers will interfere each other.
For your plans I recommend to use the DriverPacks method. For details please look >here<.

Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando!

Compliments for this forum and your appreciable commitment. I’d created an installation copy of WinXP SP3 with nLite and I’d used your file (>Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando< (>MIRROR<)) to do it .
My computer is ASUS intel core i5-4200U. 1.6GHz and my Intel SATA Controller is (Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller).
First my Intel SATA Controller is not appeared in nLite windows. Furthermore, the installation of WinXP SP3 stopped in blue screen and I cannot continue the installation.
I need your help.

@ zianou:

Important is the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller, not the name of it.
Please check it.

Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

My DeviceID is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106. Even this DeviceID is your file. I still, I cannot install the winXP sp3.
can you help me

If you have integrated the correct driver and chosen just the correct Intel SATA AHCI Controller while doing the integration with nLite, you will not get a BSOD while trying to install Windows XP.
My conclusion: The XP CD, which you have used as source, is not an original (=untouched) one.
Solution: You have to take an original Windows XP CD with integrated SP2 or (better) SP3 as source.

@Sir Which one I should choose for MSI Z170A GAMING M7

To be able to answer your question I need some informations:
1. Which OS do you want to install?
2. With which SATA mode are you running resp. will you run the system drive?
3. Which are the HardwareIDs of your Intel SATA Controller?

>32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL< (>MIRROR<)
sir please fix it , onedrive link is dead

@ Dibya:

The MEGA and OneDrive download links should work now.

@Fernado Sir,
Sir , I want to run XP SP3 in AHCI Mode . I donot know the device id because i cannot install any os(due to skylake sata) rather than UBUNTU(In live mode).

You should be able to get Win10 installed without any problem and without the need to load/integrate any AHCI driver.
By the way: The DeviceID of the Intel Z170 SATA AHCI Controller is either DEV_A102 or DEV_A103.

Can you please make z170 to work with xp sp3 because i need this os for my work as my most of software doesnot work vista up.
Windows 10 is great OS currently upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in my laptop with core 2 duo(little bit old).

The “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by me” should work with your system running in AHCI or RAID mode, if you integrate just the support of your in-use Intel SATA Controller. You will have to find out yourself its DeviceID (e.g. by checking it while running Win10).
If you set the Intel SATA Controller to “IDE”, you will be able to get XP SP3 installed without the need of loading/integrating any Intel textmode driver.

hi,
i am trying to figure which driver to intergrate for my laptop
to install windows XP Sp3
(HP 250 G4 -Intel Celeron N3050 with Intel HD Graphic) ,
the Sata - AHCI on device manager is ->
Device Name: Intel Cherryview/Braswell SoC - SATA AHCI Controller
Original Device Name: Intel Cherryview/Braswell SoC - SATA AHCI Controller
Device Class: SATA AHCI Controller
Revision ID: 21
Bus Number: 0
Device Number: 19
Function Number: 0
PCI Latency Timer: 0
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3&SUBSYS_80C5103C&REV_21
could you help me find the correct driver?

@Sir , if i intrigate by selecting all with nlite by pressing CTRL of your moded intel driver.

@ grpetros:

According to my knowledge it is not possible to get Windows XP installed in AHCI mode onto an Intel Bay Trail or Cherryview/Braswell system, because these budget chipsets do not have an on-board Intel SATA Controller, which is fully AHCI compatible. That is the reason why they are not supported by any Intel AHCI driver (not even by a modded one).
If you want to get Windows XP installed, you have
1. - if applicable at all - to change the SATA mode within the BIOS to “IDE” and then
2. to boot off the untouched XP SP3 image without loading or integrating any textmode driver.

Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I doubt, that you will succeed this way.
Since you have an Intel Z170 system, which is probably running in AHCI mode, I ssuspect, that your in-use Intel SATA Controller is either
a) the “Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller” with the DeviceID DEV_A102 or
b) the “Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller” with the DeviceID DEV_A103.
So if you should not know, which one of them is the correct one of your system, you may add the support of both Controllers into the XP CD (or create 2 different XP images, each one containing just the support of 1 Intel SATA AHCI Controller).

thank you! ,
i will try with bios se