[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

Sorry I wanted to say that I tried with others DEV_9xxxx drivers but same result. I know that they weren’t correct drivers and with some of them, I had a screen that said me that that drivers wasn’t correct.

I will try with others ACPI options because my bios doesn’t permit chage “SATA mode” only permits chage UEFI to Legacy :frowning:

Thanks!

What are “DEV_9xxx drivers”? Do you mean other Intel RST drivers, which natively do support your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller? If yes, you cannot successfully load or integrate them, because the required file named TXTSETUP.OEM is missing.

Hi ! I sorry for my explanation. I wanted to say that I tried other drivers from your list, for example, 9C82, 9C83, only to see the result. It was the same.

Now I tried again with 9D03 driver (packet with nlite this driver only) and installation stop in this screen goo.gl/37HI5C. I waited 1 hour and the screen dont’t change.

Also, I tried each other option ACPI Menu with F5 key but in other mode I have a error with blue screern = 0x00000A5. For this, I think that when I see this blue screen I choose a Bad option in the ACPI menu. But when installation is frozen, it could be a driver problem. I don’t know if I can try other thing/way.

Do you have any other advice?

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thanks

This in a list of different Intel SATA Controller models, which will be supported by the related driver, but not a list of different drivers. The driver itself is always the same.

Have you already tried to hit F7 instead of F5?

I used: Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando, is it correct?

For other hand. With F7 dont’t show me the ACPI menu and I cant choose any option. Only with F5 show that menu. Also, I press both when start the installation process.

Thanks

Yes!

Hi
I thank you for your tips
I have Laptop Lenovo E460, my Hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_504817AA&REV_21
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_504817AA
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&CC_0106

I got your way. I got your driver (Universal 32bit v11.2.0 Fernando). I’ve used the app nLite. But I encountered during the installation of Windows XP with blue screen.
Your Questions:
1. Have you used a “clean” (untouched) Intel XP SP2 or SP3 CD as source?Which was the specific error message?
Answer: Windows XP SP3 clean
2. Which Intel SATA Controller support did you highlight while integrating the driver?
Answer: AHCI DEV_9D03 sighed by Fernando.
3. At which stage of the XP installation did you get the BSOD?
Answer: first, after load AHCI driver. But with Floppy disk drive after select and load AHCI driver. (first " Setup starting Windows ")
4. Had your storage disk drive, which was running in AHCI mode, been detected by the XP Setup?
Answer: DEV_282A but my hardware is DEV_9D03

20160527_154059.jpg

20160527_135753.jpg

20160527_154930.jpg

Hi!

In my opinnion the blue screen is because you don’t press F5 or F7 when the install procees start, just when the process install invite you to press F6. After, you could see the acpi menu and choose the correct option.

Hello Fernando - which drivers should i use if installing XP to ASUS X553M. Last time you helped me a lot so coming back here again…

In device manager Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller says:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&SUBSYS_161D1043&REV_0E
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&SUBSYS_161D1043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F23&CC_0106
Thank you in advance…

One more thing - do you have installation of winxp sp3 of All existing SATA/raid drivers slipstreamed??? Or do you know if it exists somewhere??
If answer is on both questions NO - do you have a link for win XP installation which you prefer??

@ivan_zg :
Since your question and my answer may be useful for other users of an Intel Baytrail Chipset system, who want to get Windows XP installed, I have moved your request into this thread.

Now to your questions:

Intel has never released an AHCI driver, which natively supports your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller with the DeviceID DEV_0F23.
The only Intel AHCI driver, which may work on your system with Windows XP, is the “Universal 32bit Intel textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”, because I have added the related HardwareIDs to the .INF and .OEM files. You can find the download link within the start post of this thread.
So you have 2 options to get XP installed onto your Baytrail system:
a) Better, but unsure method: You integrate the above mentioned modded driver into the Windows XP image according my guide (see post #1), hoping, that you will succeed.
b) Safe method: You set the Intel SATA Controller to “IDE” and will be able to get Windows XP installed without the need to load or integrate any special storage driver. Disadvantage: You will not benefit from the AHCI features and performance.

No!

No, I even doubt, that such Windows XP image exists. AFAIK it is impossible to create a Windows XP image, which supports all existing AHCI and RAID Controllers.

Thank you very much Fernando
Will report if it works and how i solved it - since i have already installed win7 in SATA mode (I want to have dual boot Win7 and XP) how can i change Win 7 boot without any error in IDE mode - cause now after changing SATA to IDE Win7 wont boot (it crashes)…??
Thanks in advance.

You certainly mean in “AHCI” mode, because “IDE” is a SATA mode as well.

Yes, and you will have to repair the Win7 boot sector as well.
My advice: Try to get XP installed in AHCI mode by integrating the driver I have recommended and choosing the support of the listed “Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_0F23 added by Fernando”. If you should succeed, it is very easy to repair the boot sector by booting off the DVD/USB Flash Drive, which contains the original Win7 image.
Good luck!

You certainly mean in “AHCI” mode, because “IDE” is a SATA mode as well.

my bad…in “not AHCI” mode - I couldnt install it in AHCI mode anyhow. And in COMPATIBILITY mode it also crashed but after pressing F7 or F5 and chosing different ACPI settings (standard PC with C step…) during asking to “press F6 for…”.

Yes, and you will have to repair the Win7 boot sector as well.
My advice: Try to get XP installed in AHCI mode by integrating the driver I have recommended and choosing the support of the listed “Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_0F23 added by Fernando”. If you should succeed, it is very easy to repair the boot sector by booting off the DVD/USB Flash Drive, which contains the original Win7 image.

One more thing - More and more Iam playing with dual and triple boot systems but one thing that Im facing is editing BOOT sector. Im not too familirar with it and im still facing from time to time with unsuccessfull installation or restoration using Acronis with “missing NTLDR” or “noo boot device” messages cause all i know is (more or less) how to use EasyBCD but obviously I dont understand actually that “MBR and BOOT sectors philosophy” and restoration of it or editing it…and when I cannot load Win7 to edit Boot sector with EeasyBCD Iam in deep trouble…
SO as i see Im on the right place I will use a chance to ask for advice: “Whih is the best way/tool/technique for editing multiple boot OS - Lets stick to MBR since Iam far away from GPT:)”
Thanks in advance

EDIT by Fernando: Quoting codes corrected and blank lines removed (to save space)

one more thing - cannot get USB to work…I have tried installing all drivers i have found…Any idea how to solve it.

This question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
If you want to avoid any problems with a multiple boot system, you should install the Operating Systems onto different Disk Drives (don’t forget to unplug all the other ones except the target Disk Drive before starting the OS installation).

About which specifc USB Controller and which OS are you talking?

Im talking about win xp which was installed in compatibility mode. Any of USB devices which are plugged in are not recognized and in device manager i see missing drivers for "USB Controller".
Deatils say:
PCI\VEN8086&DEV0F35&SUBSYS161D1043&REV_0E
PCI\VEN8086&DEV0F35&SUBSYS161D1043
PCI\VEN8086&DEV0F35&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN8086&DEV0F35&CC_0C03

Came back from holidays but stil struggling with this laptop

This question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
If you want to avoid any problems with a multiple boot system, you should install the Operating Systems onto different Disk Drives (don’t forget to unplug all the other ones except the target Disk Drive before starting the OS installation).

About which specifc USB Controller and which OS are you talking?

Im talking about win xp which was installed in compatibility mode. Any of USB devices which are plugged in are not recognized and in device manager i see missing drivers for "USB Controller".
Deatils say:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&SUBSYS161D1043&REV_0E
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&SUBSYS161D1043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&CC_0C03

Came back from holidays but stil struggling with this laptop

Hey, I integrated the modded DEV_0F23 drivers but the Windows XP installation still comes up with 0x0000007e acpi.sys

I have tried to press F7 but it after a while it comes up with 0x0000007b

@ymg :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The ACPI problem has nothing to do with the integration of the appropriate Intel AHCI driver.
You have to choose the best matching ACPI option after having pressed F5 or F7 (my advice: try both options).
Note: Since your problem has nothing to do with the topic “Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers” I have moved your post into this better matching thread.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Everything I do seems to not work. I have tried pressing F5 and F7 while installing the OS.

Here is the drivers on my device manager:

Here are the hardware IDs for the driver:

When I used Nlite I choose this one as it has the same device ID:

This screen is before any errors show up:

After the 0x0000007e bsod error shows up:

I then tried restarting again and pressing F5 this time when it says press F6 and it displays this screen:

I pressed the first option but it takes about 5 - 7 minutes before it loads up another bsod error 0x0000007b:

Then I chose “other” but this screen shows up and I don’t really know what to do here:

So I really don’t know what to do anymore. Also, I am using a bootable usb device to do all this. My laptop does not come with an internal CD drive.

EDIT by Fernando: Put all pictures into “spoilers” (to save space within this already very voluminous thread)