[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

@Edumuitoloco :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

That was a mistake. You should have integrated just the support of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller.

The related informations are within the chapter “Preconditions for a successful integration of the Intel S-ATA AHCI/RAID drivers:” at the beginning of the start post.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Fernando, what I can’t find is the intel onboard SATA AHCI Controller number\model…If I install Windows 7 It will show me on hardware list?

Hello Fernado.

I use the Lenovo Thinkpad E440 Notebook.
Use this AHCI Drivers Install Windows 2003. tips don’t Found HDD.

I Use Aida64 SystemTest Tools View Chipset Infomation on Win7 X64 Ult.

It is Intel 8 Series Chipset Mobile Dev_8C01.

this AHCI Drivers Don’t include the Dev_8C01.

So, what is the Dev_8C01 is thinkpad e440 ?

Yes, this is the related text within the start post of this thread:

@qiaopeng1231 :

All available Intel SATA AHCI Controllers are supported by the “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”.
DEV_8C01 is the DeviceID of the Intel(R) 8 Series 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller, but this SATA Controller is running in IDE and not in AHCI mode.
So if your Intel 8-Series Chipset Mobile system really should have the DEV_8C01 Intel SATA Controller, you don’t need to integrate any textmode driver.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Good afternoon Fernando and the whole forum!
I have a query to make Fernando, I have a laptop sony vaio svf14a16clb with chipset HM76 that came with operating system windows 8.1 my intention is to install windows 7 and windows xp (dual boot)
Many attempts were made but I still can not install xp
Windows 7 works fine.
Integrate several of the sata controllers described by you but still giving a blue patallazo at the time of installing could lend a hand with this?

@Leonardor :

You should not integrate several SATA Controllers, but just the one, which is within your system.
If you don’t know the exact HardwareIDs of the on-board Intel SATA Controller, run Win7, open the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” resp. “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager and check the HardwareIDs of the listed Intel SATA Controller (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”).

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

SIR,

FIRSTLY THANKS TO YOU.

By your guidance i successfully install windows xp in my pc through slimstream the your achi drivers in iso. but after successfully installed winxp its can’t boot.

The message show after show windows xp logo :

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed
hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive
to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then
restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xBACC3524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000).

Please help me on this. I have some dos program which not run in windows 7.

If dos program run in windows 7 my problem solved

@vikaskhs :

This BSOD code usually indicates the integration of a wrong (not matching) textmode driver into the XP CD.
Without any knowledge about the XP CD/ISO you had used as source (which version is it and where did you get it?) and about which textmode driver(s) resp. the support of which specific Controllers you had integrated, I cannot really help you.

I windows 7 the driver "Intel (r) 100series/c230 chipset family sata achi controller" used for my pc. In my this new pc no option to change sata operation,by default its ACHI.

I used >Universal 32bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v11.7.4.1001 mod+signed by Fernando< textmode.

This driver is not compatible with Windows XP (the file named TXTSETUP.OEM is missing).
Have you ever read the start post of this thread?

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&SUBSYS_90B7104D&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&SUBSYS_90B7104D
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106

@Leonardor :
Provided, that you
a) are using a “clean” (= untouched) XP CD with integrated SP3 as source,
b) have integrated just the 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and
c) have highlighted just the listed “Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller” while doing the NLite driver integration task,
you will succeed with the XP installtion onto your Intel 7-Series Mobile Chipset system.

Good luck!

Thank you Fernando for your prompt response, namely;

I have windows xp professional sp3 integrated clean

Download> 32bit Intel RST AHCI / RAID Driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL <

(Silly question) to integrate with nlite the mentioned driver I see two files iaAhci.inf & iaStor.inf which should select so that then appears the drop down list where you should select "Intel (R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" ?

The iaAHCI.inf file. The other INF file is only for Intel SATA Controllers, which are running in RAID mode.

The iaAHCI.inf file. The other INF file is only for Intel SATA Controllers, which are running in RAID mode.

Resolved !!!
In principle thank you for your help and for the whole forum, for four months trying to make this installation.
As a contribution I will make a summary of how I can install it.

Integrate the aforementioned iaAHCI controller without success again to give blue screen
Reading in your forum found in reference
# 605 | Re: [Guide] Integration of Intel AHCI / RAID drivers into a Windows XP / W2k3 / W2k CD

Show info
OK, I selected C-Step i486 (the option that came up when i pressed F5)

Press F5 when the installer suggests F6 and I found these options:
  • ACPI Multiprocessor Machine
  • ACPI Single-Chip Machine
  • Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
  • Compaq systemPro multiprocessor or 100% compatible
  • Monoprocessor MPS Team
  • Multiprocessor MPS
  • Standard Equipment
  • Standard equipment with C-Step i486
  • Other

Select Standard equipment with C-Step i486 and this concludes the installation successfully.

Thank you very much for your support and for what you need you can count on me!
regards !!!

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded blank lines removed and listing of the ACPI options formatted

Hi Fernando,

I have a dell inspiron 3520,now i running windows 7. but some of my necessary old dos clipper software not work there. so i need to install windows xp. Can you please inform me what i must do to be able to install XP in this motherboard?. I get a blue screen after load the win xp cd files. Please help me i really need to install Win XP with this motherboard. In windows 7, in device manager "Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" driver show. I really frusteted, try over 100times to install windows xp,but every time blue screen msg come, you are my last hope. please help. No sata operation in bios, by default it come with acpi.

Many thanks,

Vikas Agrawal

@vikaskhs :
Why did you start a new thread about a topic, which has already been discussed >here< within the posts from #648 up?
As a consequence I have moved your last post into the relaed thread.
Instead of starting a new thread about the same topic as you already did earlier, you should better read very carefuly the start post of this thread and follow my advice, which I haven already given to you earlier (look >here<).

windows xp hang at acpitabl.dat