[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

@Frozen :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Boot into Win10, run the Device Manger, expand the section “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers”, right-click onto the listed AHCI Controller and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”. Only important are the VendorID (VEN_8086=Intel) and the DeviceID (DEV_XXXX) of the listed Intel SATA AHCI Controller (maybe named “Standard SATA AHCI Controller”).

It may be possible to force the installation of the currently wrong AHCI driver while running in “IDE” mode and to switch the SATA mode to “AHCI” before rebooting, but I recommend to integrate the XP compatible modded Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 into a Windows XP Image and to do a clean OS installation in AHCI mode.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

It reads this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&SUBSYS_85341043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&CC_0106

so my driver is 8C82?

So just to make sure if I understand this correctly, I have downloaded said file (Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando), created Windows XP image and when the list pops-up in NTLite I should integrate just specified (8C82) into an image, nothing more?

Yes!
Some corrections:
1. 8C82 is not a driver, but the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
2. You should use the tool named nLite and not the tool named NTLite (which is only usable with newer Windows Operating Systems).

Thank you!
It worked! XP installed with AHCI enabled.

Hello ,

i try to install Windows XP x86 on a Lenovo T440p and still get the failure : the file ahcix64.sys is corrupted
i build an iso using nlite with fernados Driver Pack , can anyone help me ?
XP iso : Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3
thanks

@Scofield :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

If you want to integrate a driver into a 32bit OS like Windws XP, you have to choose the 32bit driver.
You should never install/integrate a 64bit driver into a 32bit OS!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

thank you Fernando, but i choose Universal 32bit Intel RSTe AHCI+RAID drivers v15.9.3.1026 mod+signed by Fernando and i am using 32bit Windows XP Sp3 Iso

@Scofield :
None of the mod+signed Intel AHCI+RAID drivers, which I am offering within this Forum, contains an AMD AHCI/RAID driver named ahcix64.sys.
My conclusion: You have either integrated an absolutely wrong AMD driver or used a Windows XP image, which had already been (wrongly) modified before.

i will download a new Windows XP ISO and try with your AHCI drivers.

@Scofield :
Before you are trying to integrate any textmode driver (like the Intel AHCI one) into a Windows XP Image, you should read the start post of >this< thread.
By the way: The “Universal 32bit Intel RSTe AHCI+RAID drivers v15.9.3.1026 mod+signed by Fernando” does not support Windows XP and cannot be successfully integrated, because it doesn’t contain the required TXTSETUP.OEM file.

i have try this still the same failure : >32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL

i will try another Windows ISO

i built with nlite and copy with winsetupfromusb tool

What lets you think, that this old original driver supports Intel 8-Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controllers?

i just trying to solve my problem, "newbie"

so it is possible to install XP with a Intel 8-Series ATA Controller ?

Yes. You have to integrate the “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed” and to choose the support of the correct Intel SATA AHCI Controller while doing the integration. Before you start with the driver integration, you should check the exact DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
Everything is layed down within the start post of this thread.
Why don’t you read first, before you ask?

i have read this all and tryed and it dont worked as i wrote. i chose all drivers because i dont know what deviceid my T440p has because i cant check it without any windows installed.
so i try the "Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed" as i wrote, build an iso with nlite, make an usb stick with winsetupfromusb toll and still get the failure with this "ahcixp64"
so i just wrote previously that i will search for an another untouched windows xp iso

@Scofield :
Without a clean (=untouched) original Windows XP image and without knowing the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller you will not be able to get XP successfully installed onto your Lenovo T440p.

i try it with this : Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando

with the same windows iso and it worked he found the ata drive in the windows installation

"in nlite i checked all drivers"

installation copying has done but when he restart and boots up to windows logo he get everytime a bluescreen: 0x000000A5

You obviously haven’t yet read the start post of this thread.

which part fernando ?!