[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

Part 3.

i burn it to cd , same failure, i choose F5 during installation faiure: the file txtsetup.oem could not be found.
i have only one ram with 8gb inside the nb , still get bluescreen when bootup to windows xp installation part 2

@Scofield :
As you have now realized, it is not as easy as you thought to get an absolutely outdated OS installed onto a modern PC system.
Nevertheless it is possible, but the user should be patient and read very carefully the related guide before starting such adventure.
You obviously knew everything better…

If I knew everything better, why do I ask? I read the tutorial, but I still have problems and need help
so if you couldnt help me , its ok , but dont write that i have to read carefully, i had read 10 times , but it still dont work.

i havent another RAM to test with smaller than 4gb.

thanks

I tried to help you, but you obviously know everything better.
It was not me or my guide, who gave you the advice to integrate into the XP x86 image
1. a 64bit AMD AHCI driver (wrong driver manufacturer with wrong architecture),
2. the “Universal 32bit Intel RSTe AHCI+RAID drivers v15.9.3.1026 mod+signed by Fernando” (doesn’t support XP at all) and
3. the “32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL” (doesn’t support your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller).
You should have read my guide before you started all your useless tests and unneeded questions.

As I already told you, it is possible to get Windows XP properly installed onto your Intel 8-Series Chipset system running in AHCI mode, but you have to do it your own.

have done it with: Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando and "F5" while loading files (Windows XP Installation Part1). Windows installation finished sucessfully.

@Scofield :
Congratulations!
Your experience verifies, that it is better to read the guide first and thereafter to start with the XP installation (and not vice versa).

thanks Fernando, i have read the guide bevore installation many times, but had still problems. i choose with "f5" during the Part 1 installation of windows "standard pc with c-step i486" and that worked, dont see this in the guide.
in the guide only was : Choose "ACPI-PC and that wasnt shown by my installation

also, it worked and thank you , have a nice day.

If this should be true, why didn’t you follow my guide and integrated so many wrong drivers?

Here is the related excerpt of my guide:

Hi Guys,

My first post on this forum, don’t know if i am doing it right, anyway… here is the story…

Motherboard Intel Dh55Tc
Board Version AAE70932-204
Bios Version TCIBX10H.86A.0048.2011.1206.1342

Tried Installing Win2k3 Enterprise Server R2 Sp2 for what seems like years now, I have two 80Gb Sata, and setting bios in IDE mode
works fine. but adding two 3Tb WD30PURZ results in only one showing as 2974Gb, the other one shows as 746Gb.

Tried another Wd WD30EZRX, same thing can’t have two (2) 3Tb to show their full capacity. Initially I wanted to create a 3Tb (2) drive mirror. Never been able to do it. Thought that the reason was bios was set to IDE, tried setting it to AHCI, then win2k3 installation gives the 0x7b BSOD, tried downloading the F6 driver for the Dh55Tc, tried all options, same 0x7b bsod.

I know these are two different situation, one being not able to install AHCI drive using F6, second having drive reported as 746Gb.

Fernando, what is the best driver you suggest to allow me to Install Win2k3 32Bits with AHCI capabilities on this Dh55Tc intel board.
and would using your driver solve the 746Gb barrier?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated…

WolfRAM

@WolfRAM :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have moved your post into this already existing thread, where you can find my guide about how to get W2k3 installed in AHCI mode.
Here is my statement to your report:

1. The fact, that >2 TB sized Disk Drives are not detected by your Intel 5-Series Chipset system, has nothing to do with any in-use SATA driver or the SATA mode of the SATA Controller, but with the “LEGACY” mode boot sector (MBR) of your system. Only the modern “GUIMode Partition Table” (GPT) is able to detect and to manage >2 TB sized HDDs/SSDs, but this requires a mainboard, whose BIOS supports UEFI.
  2. You should be able to get W2k3 properly installed onto any of your 60 GB sized SATA HDDs, if the SATA Controller has been previously set withion the BIOS to IDE mode.
  3. The 0x7b BSODs you got were caused by the loading or integrating of a wrong (not matching) SATA driver.
  4. If you want to get Windows 2003 Enterprise Server installed in AHCI mode onto your old Intel H55 Express chipset mainboard, you should follow my guide (= start post) by integrating the “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando” into an original (untouched) OS Image and choosing just the support of your on-board Intel 5-Series SATA AHCI Controller resp. its DeviceID. You have to find it out yourself (it is either DEV_3B29, DEV_3B2F or DEV_3B22).

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

MS seems to have added support for large disks for W2k3 with SP2 but it seems at least unclear if this includes support for ‘advanced format’ disks- some MS articles clearly state that there is no support for advanced format. Nevertheless I remember having used XP with advacend format disks- using some funny tools to realign partitions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help…ives-in-windows
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previou…463528.aspx#EGB

As far as I could find the DH55TC should support EFI? So it might be possible to boot from large disks if they are configured as GPT disks, you got the latest updates for W2k3 on your install disk (and don’t use advanced format disks)?
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/suppor…echProdSpec.pdf
"Runtime Phase/EFI OS Boot

F8 EFI boot service ExitBootServices ( ) has been called
F9 EFI runtime service SetVirtual AddressMap ( ) has been called
FA EFI runtime service ResetSystem ( ) has been called"

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the quick reply, is it possible to use F6 to install the Universal 32Bit AHCI SATA driver or do I really have to include the driver onto a new OS Image? I haven’t look at the Installation process you provide in depth… Will I have to reinstall Win2k3 from scratch or is it possible to convert a IDE installation into AHCI…

lfb6: I don’t intend to boot from the 3Tb, just use it as storage, but right now I can add one (1) 3Tb on eSATA 6, it’s working properly, but as soon as I add a second 3Tb to eSATA 5, then it gets reverted to 746Gb, no matter what I tried… cloning, erasing, the only thing I haven’t tried yet is to plug the second on SATA 3 or 4…

I was wondering if I had to reinstall Win2k3

You can try the F6 method, but according to my knowledge and own experience the chances to succeed are much higher, if you integrate the driver and the support of your specific on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller into the OS Image.

I recommend to choose the first option.

It seems it can be tricky to get the eSATA ports to work.

There was a possibility to install the AHCI driver whilst XP is booted in IDE mode. It’s described here.
(I remember it more like installing the 2 inf files manually (right-click), copying the sys-file into the right directory and checking if the registry entry for the service is there and has the right start mode (0=boot) in correspondent control set (XP service is named different- iastor?). But if the other way is working out fine- the easier the better!

Thanks Guys for so many generous advices,

From your past knowledge, is there a reason why I have hard time fitting two (2) WD30PURZ 3Tb HDD Sata inside the same PC, one is working Ok on eSata 5, but second one always showing as 746Gb, do I have to put both of them on regular Sata (0…3) to bypass windows limitations?

@WolfRAM :
Your problem to get 2 x 3 GB sized HDDs detected has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
You should decide, which problem you want to get solved first
a) the installation of W2k3 in AHCI mode onto your Intel Chipset system (matches this thread) or
b) the detection of your very big sized HDDs (has to be discussed within another thread).

Hello Fernando.

I cannot unrar these files. I get an error. I have downloaded from mega and onedrive, both give the same error.

@ertomas :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
You got the error, because you tried to unzip the *.RAR archives by using an outdated WinRAR version. All WinRAR versions, which belong to the v5.xx platform, use a new and better compression method, but the archives can not be unzipped by older WinRAR versions.
AFAIK I have mentioned that within the start post of this thread.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks, I was indeed using an outdated version of 7-zip.

I was able to extract the rar. Now, onto integrating and installing!