[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

Sir

I have integrated the latest AHCI drivers of Mr.Fernando to a genuine XPSP3 ISO for my INTEL H97 PRO motherboard and still i am not able to install XP SP3 in my system. I get the BSOD with error code STOP: 0x0000007B and i have tried XP SP3 with several clean untouched ISOs but i get the same error.

Please help.
Thanx

@jinvidia :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

The error code “STOP: 0x0000007B” indicates, that you have either integrated a wrong/not matching textmode driver (resp. chosen the support of a wrong/not matching Intel SATA AHCI Controller model while doing the integration) or used an already previously processed OS Image as source. Both doesn’t work.
Please re-read my guide carefully and follow my advices given there.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you sir,
But i have already read your post prior to integrating the drivers to a genuine untouched windows xp SP3 iso.

The below is the link from where i have downloaded this driver :
Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando done at 03/15/2018)
https://mega.nz/#!pQ1EjRDR!w0zdz38I0skXg…Bf7cEWPRc7eUUcQ

This is the untouched Windows ISO i possess.
en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86 _cd_x14-80428.iso
SHA1: 1c735b38931bf57fb14ebd9a9ba253ceb443d459

i have integrated the drivers as per your instructions but i get the BSOD with the error. Am i missing something ?. I used nlite and even tried using wintoflash to burn the ISO. I spent the whole day in doing this N number of times but i was not able to install.
My motherboard is ASUS H97 PRO and i have even tinkered with the USB settings.

Kindly help.

Is there anyone with this motherboard who is able to successfully install XP ? Your help is much appreciated. Thanx

@jinvidia :
Which DeviceID has your on-board Intel SATA Controller?
Which one of the various listed Intel SATA Controllers did you check for being supported while integrating the driver?
Does the i386 directory of your source XP image contain a file named WINNT.sif?

Thanx for the prompt reply sir.

1. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_00

2. Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller ( I hope this is supported)

3. The ISO only contains txtsetup.sif and NO WINNT.sif.

I selected the correct device ID and integrated the same in ntlite. But no luck.

@jinvidia :
Thanks for having answered my questions.

The Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller with the DeviceID DEV_8C82 is fully supported by the “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”. If you have just integrated this driver and chosen just the support of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C82 while doing the nLite work, you shouldn’t get the “wrong driver” (7B) BSOD error message.

Thanx for your reply bro…

I followed all your instructions except TWO…
The first one - I was indeed attempting to install XP on another hard-drive which is empty while having another hdd physically connected, but disabled in the BIOS ( as i don’t want to mess up with my WIN10 installs in the other hdd).
The second one - I used a USB stick to install.

It is also difficult to unplug the first hard-drive so i just disabled it in the BIOS. Is this the reason i am getting the 7B error ?. Is unplugging the other hard drive absolutely mandatory for WINXP to work in my motherboard with the integrated drivers ?

As far as the USB stick is concerned i wouldnt mind it installing from a CD. But unplugging the cable is the difficult part.

@jinvidia :
Due to XP’s problems with modern USB Controllers I strongly recommend to follow my guide and to install the OS by booting off the customized XP CD.

Thank you bro…

I will try installing from CD and report back.

This verifies, that none of your ISO files is clean and genuine (=untouched).

Brother, the SHA1 hash for the clean ISO which i used is 1c735b38931bf57fb14ebd9a9ba253ceb443d459. This is also the hash of the official ISO which belongs to microsoft. Then this will go to show that the ISO which i used is a clean genuine ISO.

This verifies, that none of your ISO files is clean and genuine (=untouched).

@jinvidia :
Please contact the Microsoft Support and ask why just you get a BSOD while trying to install the genuine XP SP3, whereas all other users succeeded (provided, that the target Disk Drive has been detected by the Setup).

Brother, Thanx a lot. I installed it from a CD and it worked . Disconnecting other drives is not necessary.

Now i have to search for some drivers so that i can make it work efficient.

Once again thanx a lot my friend.

Hello Fernando,
i dunno if it’s the right place to reply,
First congratulation for you works!!!
And i need advices, i have a gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H with an intel 100 series/c230 sata ahci, i tryed your packs using nlite for a windows pro X32 but it not seems to work for me.
Maybe i do something wrong? intel 100 series should work i guess?

i have too a Asus vivomini UN45 with a intel chipset but impossible to know what ahci driver is… do you think i have a way to know what it is and if your drivers can fit for winXP X32??
in advance, thank you very much.

@dracotom :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Please read carefully the start post of this thread. There you will find the answers to your questions.
Since this thread matches much better the topic of your post, I have moved it here.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando,
how it’s possible to know the ahci driver version of a machine?
I have a Asus vivomini UN45.
there is a way to find the infos???
in advance thanks.

Run the Device Manager, expand the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section, do a right-click onto the listed SATA Controller and choose the options “Properties” > “Driver”.
By the way: The AHCI driver version doesn’t matter, but you have to find out the DeviceID of your machine’s SATA Controller. Please read, what I have written within the start post of this thread.

Thanks for your reply Fernando,
I found this:
i’m under Win10 right now,

i have a “microsoft storage space controler” as a default but i can’t update it.
I installed the original drivers but this controler is not updating.
no DEV ID avaible, only this:
i{00000000-0000-0000-ffff-ffffffffffff}
{4d36e97b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

i also have a M2 intel 128Go SSD.
Intel(R) SSD Pro 7600p/760p/E 6100p Series "
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_F1A6&SUBSYS_390B8086&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_F1A6&SUBSYS_390B8086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_F1A6&CC_010802
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_F1A6&CC_0108

Does it the correct DEV ID?

sorry for this troubles, can we do thimething with theses informations?
Thanks.

@dracotom :
Thanks for the details of your Device Manager and the HardwareIDs of your in-use NVMe Controller.
Unfortunately there is no “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section listed within your Device Manager. This indicates, that the target Disk Drive, where you want to install Widows XP, is not yet connected to any of your on-board Intel SATA ports.

Not really, because you will not be able to get Windows XP installed onto your NVMe SSD.
To find out the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller,
a) the Controller has to be enabled and set to “AHCI” within the BIOS and
b) a suitable HDD/SSD should be connected to one of the Intel SATA ports (best option: Port0).

Good day Fernando,
I really appreciate your your quick answer and your detailled explanations!

On this computer, i have only the ahci mode avaible in the bios for the hdd and no sata, just a ssdM2 port.
But i guess WindowsXP can see the SSD in a way… I made an iso of an installled Windows XP from an other computer and i installed it on the M2 SSD.
On this way, Windows XP begin to boot but finish the loading by a blue screen cose of the ahci problem i guess. But it means Windows XP is bootable on this machine or look like to be… I’m really not an expert, what do you think about it? Anything to do with this?
Thanks again for your help!!