[Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a WinXP/W2k3/W2k CD

AHCI and NVMe are different protocols. You will not be able to get Windows XP booting off the on-board M.2 port, which only supports the NVMe protocol.
By the way: This thread is only valid for Intel chipset systems with an Intel SATA Controller. Since your system obviously doesn’t have an Intel SATA Controller, you can forget your XP installation project by using your current machine.

Hello Frenando,

Thanks again for your explainations.
Now i know my comp don’t use the AHCI but the NVMe.
Ill try to look abouy this way.
Have a good day!!!

Hi Fernando,
I’m sorry if my English is not good.
Pls help me,
i want make a ghost image from Windows XP sp3 on old PC ( Pentium 4, IDE HDD) to new Dell Optiplex 3050 PC ( Core i5 7500, Intel 200 series SATA/RAID chipset, with PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A282&CC_0106). I need to ghost it because, now i don’t have setup file of some tools. can’t install new windows

I first try to sysprep old PC, as this link: https://community.ivanti.com/thread/4451
Use “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando” to add text to sysprep.inf file
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BuildMassStorageSection = YES
[SysprepMassStorage]
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106= "C:\DRIVERS\IAAHCI.INF"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A282&CC_0106= “C:\DRIVERS\IAAHCI.INF”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and copy SATA driver to C:\Drivers
then make ghost image with Norton Ghost 11.5
restore image to new PC.
new PC start, WinXP Flag screen appear, then restart after 1-2 seconds. can not load windows.
I think it can’t load right driver for SATA

I try to do same step for the other PC: Dell Optiplex 7020, core i5 4590, Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106

This Device ID is also supported in your driver.
and this PC running OK.

I also try to install new Windows XP SP3, as you post here: [Guide] Integration of Intels AHCI/RAID drivers into a Windows XP/W2k3/W2k CD
( install on Dell Opt 3050)

All step seem OK, windows XP Setup can recognize my SATA HDD, and it install windows xp on my hdd, no blue screen or Error #007B appear…
But when it restart last time to log on winXP, it same as when i ghost image, restart after WinXP Flag screen appear.

I don’t know how to do.
or could you check your driver, is it support for PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A282&CC_0106
or any solution for my case.

thank you so much,

@hieutran :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

I am sorry, but I cannot help you regarding your specific project. It is generally not easy to get an absolutely outdated Windows OS like XP installed onto a system with brandnew hardware. The compatibility with the specific storage Controller (here: Intel 200-Series SATA AHCI Controller) is not the only problem. Another one is the mssing ACPI compatibility. That is why I always recommend to do a fresh Windows XP installation instead of cloning an already existing OS installation.

The driver named “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”, which I am offering within the start post of this thread, definitively supports the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando,
Thanks you for your quick reply
As you said, one reason is because of missing ACPI compatibility, so do you have any way to check if it is not compatible

i really need to make a ghost image to my new Hardware.

Thanks you so much,

@hieutran :
AFAIK you can only solve the ACPI compatibility problem by hitting F5 or F7 at the beginning of the XP installation (when you are prompted to hit F6 for loading the required storage driver) and choosing the correct ACPI setting.

Hi Fernando,
No way to ghost my XP to Dell 3050 PC , i had to change 03 new PCs to 7020 model.
I’ve already ghost XP to 7020, but now, one big Prob issued.
I can’t find down Ethernet driver for it. Intel I217-LM ethernet driver, with PCI\Vendor 8086&DEV_153A
I found something seem to be OK on site: http://kenpg.seesaa.net/article/404051737.html, it’s from japan, you can translate to your local language for content.
try to download from here : http://download.jetway.com.tw/download/driver/
the driver file: I211_217XP.zip
but it seems only support for I210 , not for I217 (i read from file Guide.text inside)

So, do you have or could you find or edit I217 driver winXP for me. I very much appreciate it.
Thanks you very much,

HI Fernando,
I found it,

Thanks you and hace a nice day,

It is fine, that you found yourself what you were searching for, but why don’t you share your knowledge by posting a link?

Hi Fernando,
I didn’t find carefully, it’s in file “I211_217XP.zip” I sent before

Thanks,

Hi Fernando and thank you for this excellent thread!
I’m trying to install XP on Lenovo G70-70, with Lenovo G70-70 motherboard, 8GB Ram 2x4GB ddr3 and two HDDs, one 120GB ssd with Windows 10 installed there, and one 1TB with two partitions on wich active partition I’m trying to install the XP, and 8-Series (Type B) controller, according the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03 I get in “IDE/ATAPI Controllers” section of deivce manger. With the integration of the texmode driver I’m able to see all the HDDs on my computer and I’m able to went through both the textmode and the graphic interface parts of the installation, but I’m getting the blue screent of death after XP is trying to start for the first time after installation. Could it be possible it is bacause of incorrect way of preparing XP installation itself, having in mind I’m not using pure XP and separate SP3 to be integrated with, but directly XP with SP3 and all the updates till 2015, or mots probably it is unrelated issue to the integration of the texmode drivers?

@SanyoL :

Which error message resp. which error code did you get?
If it should be the “Stop 0x000000A5” error code, you forgot to choose the correct ACPI setting at the beginning of the XP installation.
This problem can be solved by restarting the XP installation by booting off the customized XP CD and to hit either F5 or F7 while prompted to hit F6 (for loading the related textmode driver) and to choose 1 of the offered ACPI setting options.
If the firstly chosen option shouldn’t work, take another one. If none of the chosen options work, hit the other F key (F5 or F7).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Unfortunately I was not able to see the BSOD error because of the instant restart after it. With the F5 key I had “Standard PC with C-Step i486” and “Others”, but the “Others” list was empty. The F7 key doesn’t open any additional menu. Just for any case I uncheck the “Automaic restart” in the “Startup and Recovery” options in my Windows 10 to see if it will withold the BSOD screen although I am very doubtful if there is any corelation between them. Now I get the BSOD afther in the time interval after the F6 and F2 suggestion right before the “examining disks” and choosing partition for setup menu. And this happens with exactly the same prepared USB stick I was able before to went through both the textmode and graphical phases of instalation. I do not understand what has changed. Very strange behavior. At least now I can see the stop error :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
0X0000007B (0xF78da524,0XC0000034,0X00000000, 0X00000000)
But once more, this error which I get now in this early stage is not the same error I was getting before afther the whole installation which I was not able to see.
And by the “customized XP CD” do you mean the installation image prepared by me or some “universal” image avaliable here?

@SanyoL :
The 0X0000007B error message indicates, that the XP image contains a wrong (not matching) textmode driver. Please read the start post of this thread carefully.

When I write “customized XP CD”, I mean a CD, which has been burnt by the user after having customized the XP Image according to my guide (= start post of this thread).

Thank you very much for your help. After preparing installation from Windows image without any service pack + SP3 + the drivers for 9C03 I was able to complete the installation and run XP for the first time without any problems. The only thing left is to find drivers if such ones exist at all.

hi fernado is it possible to Install Windows Xp on the follow Motherboard - Cpu - ram?

CPU
----------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Name Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Threading 1 CPU - 4 Core - 8 Threads
Frequency 4500 MHz (45 * 100 MHz) - Uncore: 4200 MHz

motherboard
------------------------------
Model Gigabyte Z270-Gaming K3
Socket Socket 1151 LGA
North Bridge Intel Kaby Lake rev 05
South Bridge Intel Z270 rev 00
BIOS American Megatrends Inc. F8 (07/06/2017)

memory type
----------------------------------
Total Size 16384 MB
Type Single Channel (64 bit) DDR4-SDRAM
Frequency 1199.8 MHz - Ratio 1:18
Timings 16-16-16-39-2 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCR)
Slot #1 Module Team Group Inc. 8192 MB (DDR4-2400) - P/N: Team-Elite-2400
Slot #2 Module Team Group Inc. 8192 MB (DDR4-2400) - P/N: Team-Elite-2400

I need XP doesn matter if i jave only 1 or 3.5 gigabyte of ram i dont care.

thanks

@icinemagr :

Yes, >here< is the related guide about how to do it.
You will have to integrate the “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando (done at 03/15/2018)”.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

well thanks for the quick response.
i use nlite i added all Drivers from RST universla 32 zip i downloaded ( i dont know which is my s-ata device number i check devide hardware id but no luck )
I create an ISO ( sp3)
I Burn a CD
I start Installing when i see the F6 i press it.
And then i got a message not drivers on Flopyy press esc to continue.
I dont have a floppy * but i have create a USB to act as a floppy ) But no luck.

I Think the ISO is Not Untouched maybe this cause the problem
In device manager i have IDE\DiskTOSHIBA-TR150___________________________SAFZ12.3
So i Guess SAFZ12.3 is the hardware id

@icinemagr :
Since you posted your questions into a wrong/not matching thread, I have moved our discussion here.
I expect, that the users have read the first post of this guide carefully, before they ask any questions.

You shouldn’t add all drivers, but just 1 single one for just the exactly matching Intel SATA AHCI Controller.

This is the proof, that you haven’t read my guide.

Where did you read, that you shall press F6?

yea i did not read it all. I just read what i though i needed.
Finally i manage to install it.
I download the iaAHCIC.inf from gigabyte drivers and i slipstream thoose.And I am fine.
Thanks for Your response.