[Guide] Manual AMI UEFI BIOS Modding

Neither one of your AMIBPC image shows you doing anything to the chipset menu? But, if those are the only changes you made, then yes that will not work due to you need to set root of each section to user (ie in those images, you need to enable root advanced first, then make changes you showed for advanced).
That is not always necessary, doing as you showed in adv1, sometimes just enable the root main menu enables them all, meaning enable “Advanced” at the root entry, first one at top above main, set that to user. You will see in BIOS attached below.
And, you may be right chipset may need another mod aside from AMIBPC, but it’s hard to know for sure without setting the others first with AMIBCP and seeing if they appear or not.
Chipset may be a different method (or impossible) than the others, because it does not appear in the root menu structure (above MAIN)

Try this BIOS, see if you now have all menus across the top in BIOS (Except chipset for now), new sub-menu MAIN inside main section too. Adding Advanced, let me know if all contents display within each sub-section in advanced, or if not, you can further adjust I AMIBCP like you did in adv1 shown above
I will enable 3-4 entries to user, you do the rest so you can see the change between edits). You had right idea, but maybe didn’t enable the main root entry first? Flash this before you make any changes, that way you can see how it looks before you enable anything else.
https://nofile.io/f/7YngUV9JCVB/a35_biosM.zip

I will continue to look about enabling chipset for you, give me some time. I’m worried it might not be possible, due to it’s not there by default at the root structure in AMIBCP

hi!
Ok, now i’ll try a flash, , a little later I will write the result…

The result is not…, changed the firmware and performed the reset to the default settings.
After booting the system, I extracted the working BIOS and spread the screenshots

I also thought a lot, and tried to find alternative options - one of them was a variant with the value found in AMITSE 01 00 00 01 01 01 00 00 00 00. - this value was the most logical, but alas … it did not help. Maybe something else in the AMITSE ?

P.S sorry for the poor quality of screenshots

Clip.jpg

Clip004.jpg

Clip005.jpg

With BIOS I posted above, no new menu inside main section either. If not, OK, let me try another way and see. None of this is in Amitse that I’ve ever seen, but I will check

I make attempts to study setup …, can in the last values have any solution?

Yes, it looks like the chipset is not connected with AMITSE …

advanced.jpg

chipset.jpg

a.jpg

That may, I was looking at variables like that right now too. You need to compare that to the ones you know are already enabled, and see if you can find a pattern that = enabled.

Other than that, I was also looking at the "suppress if" and changing those values to ones that we know are enabled, or disable totally suppress if via FF

… If look at a.jpg, you can see the sequence 01 01 00 01 01 01, it is in the only version - in AMITSE (in the setup it is not), confuses me only offset.

…I’m probably not right, because other menus also do not open

…Found another section GUID 97E409E6-4CC1-11D9-81F6-000000000000 freeform, there is no Save & Exit menu in this section. everything else is identical, but different offset
P.S This section is visible only when used UEFITool

freeform.jpg

Yes, that’s why I knew the AMITSE was not correct location, due to you already tested enabling menus from there and no effect = thus not correct location.

I will look at that latest GUID you mentioned, but as you can see those menus are also not the ones you current have visible, so changing in this module probably wont help either. I’ll see if anything catches my eye, for now only the gray out if 19 82 on chipset again

This GUID is the same as setup, well part of it, only from sub-GUID in compressed setup section = same as setup in MMTool, they just extract /show the file differently due to how each tool handles compressed areas.
Edit it, put back in same way you took out, then extract with MMTool you will see what I mean

Hi!
Thx, yes you are right, i already understood …
i’ll will look further …

Can be access to the configuration is blocked in Intel ME? Theoretically, the chipset is dependent on the ME Intel…

No, this is not controlled with Intel ME. Only the places we are looking at. It’s either stopped by a 01 01 00 string, or by a “suppress” if string

@alex0506 - I think I found it! Can you please reflash your BIOS with whatever current BIOS you are using, but this time clear NVRAM with the flashing program (Don’t clear with any BIOS modification tools, some NVRAM defaults needs to stay)
I think it’s there, but current NVRAM is very dirty, and I would like to see a cleaner one if possible, then I can edit. Anyway, reflash, clear NVRAM and then get another backup dump right after than and upload here, thanks!

If you cannot do that, can you link me to ANY official or semi-official BIOS download for this model that isn’t a dump from user? Like download from manufacturer site, or site that host BIOS/driver files etc?
Just need a clean BIOS file, same as I originally wanted for this purpose. All you have sent are very used, dumps from live used systems etc, and have lots of dirty and invalid data in the NVRam, so they are not what I am looking for.

Please merge staff, sorry I forgot again and meant to edit this into above post

Hi!
there is still official 210 ( my bios 209, heard many bad reviews about 210, so did not update ).
there are no official sources…, and other clean version, tomorrow i can try to clean up NVRAM and make a dump.
p.s Mydump in last post update

Great, give me link to official 210 (I’ve not been able to find it) You wont need to flash 210, I just need to see clean BIOS to know what I can remove from your current NVRAM and then we can test my findings.
I can clean NVRAM myself, but would like to see structure of default, but it’s not 100% necessary.

Which post # has your new dump? I guess not there yet, since all your post have 9th as last edited date.

Also, can you please add images of your “Boot” and “Security” sections in current BIOS, so I can see which of those are the enabled ones currently, thanks!

What tool do you flash with, and does it have options such as clean or reset NVRAM?

Hi!
Official 210. My tools - FPT, it is used in the official update, and it does not work with NVRAM. Can eat another way of cleaning NVRAM.
I did not find the standard AFU tool that works with my FW, correctly works only FPT(ftk).
210 includes support for WIN8 and may differ, in 209 there is no switch menu UEFI - Legacy.

in principle, i can try to upgrade to 210 … (if needed).

Clip001.jpg

Clip002.jpg

Thanks, I will be checking on all this. I’m not sure if FPT has a clear NVRAM option, I’ll have to check and see. Yes, I can clean NVRAM by hand (Hex editing), but I wanted to see cleaner BIOS file first, but like I said it’s not required.
I will check out the 210 and let you know, thanks for the additional menu images, that helps!

Hello,

Someone knows how to modify this bios?

Inspiron 17 5770 released 2017.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/owd3vj4925…-1.1.6.rom/file

or : http://www.mediafire.com/file/v9yzqkkek494bb6/bios.gz/file

with all options unlocked.
I tried using the guide but with no success.
Thank you.

@Zinx :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Regarding the modifiation Dell BIOSes please look into >this< thread.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I already have the bios extracted now I want to mod it.

Which kind of modification do you want to do?
If you want to unlock specific BIOS features, please have a look into >this< thread.

I checked BIOS 116 from here - https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0506256…70_5770_116.exe
This is Intel Insyde BIOS, partial Aptio V, no easy way to modify this BIOS