[Guide] Manual AMI UEFI BIOS Modding

Ok thanks for the help.
Pm me if you have something to tell me thanks.

Hi!
There was such a problem, videobios (gt650) of 209 should be inserted in 210 (judging by the reviews he after the firmware on 210 - constantly crashed), with the old videobios (209) - it works fine. How to do it right?

Did you test yourself, to see if issue affects you or not? If not, please test for a while and see, no need to go backwards unless there is a problem that affects you, other reports could be their particular hardware or driver specific
But yes, we can do, either with MMTool or UEFITool.

Please take backup now with programmer (I think you have, can’t remember), then upload and give link, so I can check NVRAM and if you want we can test my theory on change menu in NVRAM.

This is a backup flashed 210 bios

bios210.rar (1.8 MB)

OK, I will make three BIOS for you tonight. One with my test theory of trying to enable menus in NVRAM 2x BIOS here one with no NVRAM and one with edited NVRAM, other without that and downgraded vBIOS to 209 version.
When/if you test the NVRAM edit, if either fails, clear CMOS and should then be OK, if not boot to DOS and reflash other BIOS but if you try these be sure to try both even if one fails.

@alex0506 - all vBIOS and GOP is exact same in version 209 and 210, see image (And yes, I checked original 210 too in case your backup was 209 by accident)

All-vBIOS-Same.png

Do you have flash programmer? Asking because I don’t think empty NVRAM could cause bad flash/non-bootable, but I am not 100% certain that is always the case.
I have tested it on many board but you never know, so wonder if you can recovery easily or not?

Hi!
The official update to 210 in my case is an update of 2 regions - ME and BIOS region. (i thought that the firmware would be complete …), so probably the dumps will be similar.
…Yes of course, if there are problems with the firmware, i can take from a friend programmer

Yes, I was only pointing out that vBIOS does not need rolled back to 209 version as you suspected, so can’t be what’s causing any issues for you or for the person you mentioned complaining about vBIOS in 210 version previously.

So you want to test no NVRAM, to see about menu unlock, and programmer can be borrowed quickly in case of recovery needed? If yes, then I will do tonight for you.
No NVRAM will make you loose all board details (Serial, LAN MAC, Windows activation ect), it’s only meant as dirty way to test and see if menu entries are locked in the NVRAM or not.
You will need to flash back to proper BIOS once done testing those BIOS (that applies to either no NVRAM, or edited NVRAM for now too)

Yes, i’m ready to try. In case of failure - i will be able to recover during the day

OK, I will make some test BIOS tonight. I see the/a string in the NVRAM that might be menu’s, so if we remove all NVRAM and menus show up then I know where to change. But, it may just be those are enable/disable for other things all in a row
Can you get a NVRAM dump text from any of these versions - https://nofile.io/f/ExjvhvCO1dN/SCEWIN-SCEWINx64.zip
Run the command in text file, from each version # folder

I could not do this in different versions. (I did not see a working version of the amiwinflash for my platform)

2.01.1029.jpg

5.00.1948.jpg

5.03.1107.jpg

5.03.1111.jpg

I assumed it probably wouldn’t give you a nvram.txt file, since none of those are specifically for your chipset, but sometimes you get lucky and it works anyway on some boards.
Save those for your own use later, you might find them useful someday and that app is hard to find usually (non-public), and often when you do find it then you only find one version that might not work for what you need right then.

Here is three BIOS for NVRAM testing, to see if any of these affect menu visibility. If they do, then I know where we can edit and enable menus. None of these have menu specific changes, only cleared NVRAM Defaults.
As mentioned previously, something’s may be missing or messed up, these BIOS are not meant for use, only for quick testing to see if we can narrow down menu to these sections or not. Please flash or program back known working BIOS once done testing all three of these.
https://nofile.io/f/BDoen0SnZ60/NVRAM+Tests.zip

Yes, thank you, today i’ll do the testing, - a little later i’ll write the result.
And thank you very much for the set of utilities, - i know the importance of these programs. Recently i was looking for an AMI engineering kit, - i did not find it …

All three options - unchanged, after flashing the laptop does a couple of restarts, - but the interface does not change. (Reset to default and complete de-energization did) - can the intel does not save changes?
is this really bad?

OK, thanks! Yes, I wish I could find visual eBIOS!

Bummer about the BIOS tests, but glad you did not have to go through tough recovery. Please flash back stock or your mod BIOS now, toss those or keep, but don’t use as daily BIOS.
Now we know the menu’s are not locked up in some NVRAM settings, that was the only goal there. So we will need to keep looking, it’s a tough one, I’ve never seen such a hard to figure out hidden menu!

Yes, everything went quietly, and i immediately returned the original 210.
Thank you for helping and giving time to me.

@alex0506 - you’re welcome! Here is quick new test x2, Advanced menu test. Can you see advanced menu now?
Please test AdvanceD.bin first, then AdvanceD2.bin and let me know outcome of each, either have visible Advanced Menu?
https://nofile.io/f/uAPh7pjXq1J/210-Advanced-Test.zip

Never mind on above, I think it will be fail, but test if you want (I changed wrong variable, I think) Anyway, here is four more test files, all @AdvanceD menu visibility only as test-check on method.

Please test M7, then M72, then M8, then M82 - fingers crossed!
https://nofile.io/f/wY5WD71WmS2/210-M7-M…vanceD-test.zip

Hi!
I checked all 6 modes, all without changes (i fingers crossed, - but did not help), returned to the original 210.
Even well-known brands make less intricate bioses !!..

Damn, bummer, I thought we might get lucky! I agree, this is hardest one I’ve ever ran into! I’m sure it’s something simple and we’re simply overlooking it. I will keep digging around

Found on one forum - a person describes the overclocking of video on this laptop
(on the screens the platform is pegatron a35).
I do not know whether it is appropriate to lay out a link to another resource.This resource is no longer active.
Several screenshots:

there are images of open items, - can they somehow help?

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Aida_test1.jpg

It’s OK to link another forum, I think? I’ve never seen anyone complain and don’t see why anyone would, were here to help with computers not compete with others helping

But, sorry, no I don’t see how any of that would be of help. Unless, in that thread, they show about making visible hidden menus, which are not shown in those images.

Yes, i’m sorry, - there is no solution to this resource. He did not say how, only pointed out utilities - standard for AMI UEFI, also said that the A35 is not very standard unlock.
link http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t424106.html
Once again, i’m sorry, i’m trying to find any clues…

…yes, you are right - there is nothing essential, there are only a few questions on this platform - no answers