[Guide] Transfer of specific Intel OROM VBIOS and GOP VBT settings by using Intel BMP tool

Hi, lfb6.
Thanks for your comment.

My mobo is silk-printed as "ASRock B360M", but it is OEM customized and it is not compatible with ASRock’s standard motherboard and BIOS.
(Actually, I downloaded and tried BIOS for B360M-HDV, which has at least similar specifications and parts placement,
but I couldn’t use it because no video (monitor) output.)
So I had to update the BIOS myself.
Well, referring to your comment, I uncompressed the compressed file again,
and I noticed that some folders were not copied.
Then I referred to Readme.txt and placed its VBIOS / VBT / GOP.
Then UBU detected them and updated successfully.
I uploaded it to the mobo and confirmed it.
These pages are really great.
Thank you again for your efforts and volunteer work.

Can someone link a download to GOP VBT 221?

Fixed download link

I updated my vbios with the BMP method. But now my aspect ratio changed from 16:9 to 4:3 on startup. I’ve created a post: www. win-raid .com / t8729f16-Success-BUT-HELP-VBIOS-on-Laptop-updated-Aspect-Ratio-changed-how-to-correct.html
(Remove spaces from link to open)

@SoniX

I have IVY but MMTool shows me IVB-102 is that normal?

MMTool IVB_102.jpg

@rediffusion
And how does it work the Ivy iGPU output in UEFI bios mode?
As u already may know its ID for SandyBridge but can u have more details on ur HW…manufacturer, bios version, cpu, mb model etc…

@MeatWar

Yes sure:

| MB: Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0
| CPU: Intel Core i5-3470
| RAM: 16 GB (8x2) Crucial Ballistix & Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz
| Video: NVidia GeForce GTX 650
| HDD: Seagate 500 GB
| macOS: Big Sur 11.3 beta 7
| Bootloader: Clover 5133

Ur rigth but still its there under MMtool, see here on UBU and UEFItool.

P8h61mlx3_20.png

This help to transform parameters from GOP_221 to GOP_228

GOP_228_diff.png

I'm still looking for a way to transform VBIOS from 1019 to 1025

Any way to upate this further? (OROM VBIOS CoffeeLake - 1019)

https://imgur.com/a/6kP27V0

No *.bsf and *bin files available for OROM VBIOS CFL 10xx.

https://mega.nz/folder/bpMlyQZT#Ur1o0I6-LSSEvMCPQ6IxoA here is RAW GOP VBT SKYLAKE 231

What is the first step I need to take when seeing the message "Requires GOP VBT 228 or above - Force"
I want to update the GOP driver , but am not sure what to do first .
You can find a screenshot as an attachment here.
I have an Asus 170-PRO mobo with a skylake CPU (i5 6500 desktop version)
Anybody has an idea what to do first ?

Screenshot 2021-10-25 175833.png

@FSHEHTESI :
I have moved your request into this already existing and 100% matching thread. Please read the Guide (= start post), which has been written by our BIOS Guru SoniX himself, and post your questions, if there are any, into this thread.
Thanks!

Can vbt data from efi be converted to bsf data for oprom? Are they suspose to be the same? Thx

Also is it possible to extract current vbios bsf data? Or extract bsf from a static vbios file or get its settings?

The bsf (for csm/legacy bios) is confusing when its mixed with efi gop and vbt

U need to read a bit more about the Intel® Firmware Support Package (Intel® FSP) Binaries
BSF script files r clean used by the Intel BMP tool to configure by chipset.

Updating a vBios OROM is only useful if the system is using CSM/Legacy boot (BMP tool)
Updating a GOP driver (DXE) only useful in UEFI system (UBU)
Besides the GOP driver also useful update the GOP VBT as it also is used in UEFI (This one a little more work…)

SoniX can give u an alternative explanation/view

Hi,
Sorry if the question or the place is inappropriate. I’m updating a SNB/IVB Mobile VBIOS. I could successfully update the VBIOS module itself from 2132 to 2171, but I can’t find any GOP VBT files for SNB/IVB. Does anyone have a link to the files?

problem solved, thank you

The BIOS I modified can start the computer and enter the win10 desktop, running well, but the display screen is broken, and there is no HDMI output signal, how can I modify it to directly use the HDMI external display.

The computer model is Lenovo AIO 24iwl, CPU is 8145u

And where did you got the files for a Whiskey Lake cpu???

EDIT: OK… the latest bios has VBIOS 1019… so what did you update here??? The GOP DXE driver on the motherboard bios?

The latest official BIOS has 1019 VBISO