[HELP] Modding an ASUS TUF h310-Plus bios to support kaby lake, or skylake processors

Good idea, I could isolate all other pins, and more easily short only the pins needed

That’s the safest way to do it!

And after the pinmod, i’ll only have to do another dump, or do I have to anything else

@PinaTryhard2000 - After you do the pinmod you would want to dump BIOS with >> FPTw.exe -d bios.bin
After that, don’t reboot yet. Then edit that file to unlock FD and flash it back via >> FPTw.exe -f bios.bin
If you reboot without reflashing edited FD, you will have to pinmod again next time you are ready to flash in unlocked FD BIOS

Then send me your backup and I will use that to create mod BIOS for you, since it will then keep all your board details.
Pinmod will not be needed again once you unlock the FD and flash it in there, unless you ever reflash entire BIOS via FPT or programmer using stock BIOS.

This still may not get around the BIOS lock, I am not sure Hopefully your programmer arrives soon!

@PinaTryhard2000 - here, incase you do still get BIOS lock error, at least you can unlock the FD, in case maybe we find a way to get BIOS lock variable later before your programmer arrives
This is unlocked FD for your board, flash after pinmod via FPT using this command >> FPTw.exe -desc -f FD.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…533042902514258

I just isolated all of the unwanted pins, and isolated pins 1 and 5, trying to figure out a simple way to short the pins, and should be “pinmodded” after that, i’ll may be able to test tomorrow, but more likely i’ll be only able to test the pinmod on monday

Use unbent small paper clip, plastic coated if you have one, if not put electric tape on the part you will hold, otherwise maybe some tiny wire cut to size

i’ve tried to pinmod the motherboard, but i’m not sure if it worked, it didn’t show any signs of being pinmodded(like 100% fan speed), and i’ve tried to do it multiple times, but still, i tried to dump the BIOS, and it didn’t throw any errors, but as I don’t know how to unlock the FD, so I just did the BIOS dump, and uploaded it to drive, hoping it could finally be modded.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16DFEfI…-5w6hE5WV_87p3n

@PinaTryhard2000 - To confirm all you do is dump entire BIOS via FPT (FPTw -d bios.bin), if you get entire BIOS (16MB) then it’s pinmodded until next reboot. IT IS, you got it! However, I would not test any modified BIOS until your programmer arrives
Test flashing back, you will need to pinmod again if you’ve rebooted since you last did it >> FPTw -f bios.bin

And here is FD unlocked BIOS, rest untouched, program this back in and you will have unlocked FD >> FPTw -f biosFD.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…977889942098799

* Edit - from your dump I was able to get proper IFR output on the setup module, your BIOS lock variable is >> 0xA53 To unlock, use command below at grub prompt, then you can reflash BIOS region without pinmod
>> Setup_var 0xA53 0x0

Or, if you want, I can make mod BIOS for you with this BIOS Lock set disabled, this is safe mod to flash without programmer, I wanted you to wait on that before we tried to do the ME stuff.
Might as well get that done for you >> http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…792782496912788

All I need to do now then is to flash the unlocked FD, and the lock variable, and then it would be ready to be modded, also one question, if it works, and I can place the i5 in it, will it still be compatible with coffee lake? The whole idea for this motherboard is to use it with the i5, because my other motherboard is causing some kind of instability, as the i5 reaches full load, it starts freezijg a lot, and eventually bluescreens, so I wanted to use it on this motherboard, but i’ll most likely eventually upgrade the cpu.
The programmer clip should arrive in a few weeks, but as I don’t actually use the motherboard (im only able to make the bios backups because I install my brother’s i7 in it) so if it gets bricked in the process, I can just wait for the programmer

@PinaTryhard2000 - You can do the pinmod again, if you’ve rebooted, then flash that last BIOS I provided. That will give you unlocked FD and BIOS lock removed, so next time you wouldn’t need to pinmod to flash BIOS via FPT.
Nothing regarding the mod has been done yet, I wanted to wait until you have programmer, to recover in case things go wrong during the process (ie we may need to try a few BIOS and one might fail)
But yes, both CPU’s would be working, if the mod works. If you want me to go ahead and make the mod BIOS for you, taking that risk without programmer as mentioned, let me know and I can do.

The programmer should arrive in a few weeks, but I’m not using the motherboard, as I don’t have a cpu for it, so yeah, i’d prefer just modding the motherboard, as it could work, and if it got bricked, i could just wait for the programmer to arrive, and then try the other BIOS

OK. will make you BIOS package tonight.
Apologies for not making BIOS already, was trying to hold you back from possible brick without being able to recover (looking out for ya! ) But now I see what you mean, since you are not using anyway no problem if it does brick you can wait to fix and still have another PC

Well, I have 3 motherboards, but the spare one oly detects one of the ram slots, and the mb outputs don’t work, so I don’t use it, it’s just a sacrificial board, to test stupid stuff on it, but still usable, and also, thanks for helping, I wouldn’t be able to mod the board without you.

Sounds like a pile-o-boards! You’re welcome, hopefully we can get it! I’m waiting to hear back from Chinobino again to see if he’s friend will tell him the exact 11.6 ME he used, in case that matters

@PinaTryhard2000 - please give us your info on this >> onboard USB 3.0 controller Device ID.
Is it USB 3.0 xHCI Host Controller DeviceID:A2AF

Or
DeviceID:A36D

On the PIII Discord server, Dsanke recently said that no 14nm chipsets can run ME version 11, which is needed for sky/kaby. Z370 is still 22nm, which is why zoob’s mod worked. H310 is 14nm, so as far as we know the mod OP requested is not possible.

Yes, this is why we are asking about USB ID, to try and find if 14nm or 22nm - @Chinobino thinks maybe possible H310C is 22nm

H310C is 22nm. H310 is 14nm. H310C is different from H310 and all H310C boards are marketed as such.

Ohh! So this board, by default is H310/14nm, or it would say H310C in model name correct?

Unfortunately yes.