How to extract contents of this Dell BIOS package?

@sunny_ocean
i am not lost n bios but i can extract it for you
lost n bios is a genius modder of top level & very busy nowdays.
& i have very few knowledge of bios extractions.
so i think i can help if i can.
here is your extracted .hdr file
you need to merge it with your old bios.
then flash via programer to spi chip.
thankyou
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1upzvl9…4FzlVpq2xBFnb9E

@Lost_N_BIOS
@plutomanic
@ ifb6
how to extract this type of dell bios.
i tried writeromfile and temp method but did not not work
also tried pfs extractor method but not successed.
so how it is possible to extract this type dell package?
its model no. is dell optiple 740.
thankyou

https://drive.google.com/open?id=128fROF…XV59r6566L3KVDP

@earthoo7 - Sorry not sure on that one, tried all the methods

@earthoo7 Seems not to be an UEFI bios, there seems to be 2 Award bioses, 2 boot blocks and a block with AMD microcodes. There’s at least a 128kB bios block that can be read by cbrom, but I don’t know enough about these old bioses to be able to identify begiining and end of these blocks…

Yes, it’s possible. The result - https://drive.google.com/open?id=177mSbs…JcEx9ktQyHz2c_D

@DeathBringer
impressive job done.
working ok
i tried to add memory in this package for extract but not successed.
can you please show method how you did it?
thankyou

No. I’m not a tutor.
I’ve used only hexadecimal editor for extrating.

@DeathBringer
no problem…
by the way thanks for extraction.

can any one help me to extract this bios
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17wcwutV…iew?usp=sharing

@ahui
This package hasn’t full BIOS dump.

yes, i know, can you please help me extract it sir ?

I’m not interested in that.
The BIOS-file in this packet can’t be flashed by usual methods.

OK, thank you

Hello Fernando,
my dell optiplex 9030 AIO motherboard has 1 slot for m.2 2242. I installed m.2 2242 nvme 2242 into this slot and it is recognized in windows disk manager, I can store the data on it. However, the original bios does not support booting from nvme ssd, I want to modify the bios by adding the NvmExpressDxE module as you described above. The problem is that I cannot extract me current bios (using AFUWIN64), and the bios exe file downloaded from dell cannot be converted to rom file also. Could you please help me to make the bios rom file for dell optiplex 9030 aio?

@albert_huynh :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Unfortunately I cannot help you myself, because I have never tried to extract a BIOS from a Dell BIOS Installer Set.
Since your problem how to get your Dell BIOS extracted (to be able to modify the “pure” BIOS file later on) has not much to do with the topic about how to get full NVMe support for old mainboards, I have moved your first post into this better matching thread, where you may find an answer to your question.
Once you got the Dell BIOS Installer package extracted, you can return to >this< thread and post there your BIOS modding related questions.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Use Dell PFS BIOS Extractor to extract BIOS-region with 6MB size.

Thank you Fernando.

@plutomaniac
@lost_n_bios
@deathbring

when i extract dell bios .exe of xps 13 laptop found mismatch bios region 5568 kb only while it should be 6144 kb according to old bios backup.
i tried all .exe package of this model which are available on oem website but problem are same.
so i decide to make new bios with 5568 kb bios region via fitc .
i made it simply with new me region & 5568 kb bios region without any error.
now drag made fresh bios to me analyzer it seems okay.
i flash it to spi eeprom but get no display.
i analyze my old bios region & extrected bios region here are difference only i see that fitc added 589824 byte FF offset to make bios region 6144kb.
its the problem.bcoz bios rgn should be same as old bios.
i tried to replace bios rgn with uefi tool but its gives me error bcoz size was mismatch.
IS this problem of DELL BIOS EXTRACTOR script or something other problem.
i am uploading here old bios dump(working) with pic of laptop service tag.
what are the possibility to solve this type dell bios.
thankyou

files.rar (4.79 MB)

@earthoo7 - please link me to the Dell download page for the exe you mention. Usually, you cannot use extracted BIOS from files like that in an easy manner to fix a BIOS, it’s often HDR or other partial BIOS region formats or volumes etc and can only be used in a manual rebuild of a dumped BIOS or BIOS region etc.
If FPT dumps BIOS region 5568K, then this is size of BIOS region. How did you make the 6144kb backup, maybe it was not with FPT, or maybe it was not from this system etc?

What do you need fixed, and or how are you flashing (And have you confirmed you CAN flash that way)?

@Lost_N_BIOS
dear i know how to extract dell .exe package via DELL BIOS EXTRACTER and get bios region from it.some time we get me region & orom files with it
& some time only biosregion. if need only bios region we can replace it via uefi tool but size should be same correct?
in my previous post i upload my working dump & service tag of laptop for download right bios.
my problem is that some time my laptop shows blue screen death & some time its not detect my m.2 ssd. i checked all hardware like m.2 ssd, ram,reinstall os etc. but problem same. so i decide to make clean bios with help of .exe which dell provide according my laptop model.
after extract dell .exe package problem is as i mention previous post.
i backup my spi eeprom with ch341a & clean me region but problem same. so i decide to replace it bios region. but here actually problem occurs bcoz
after extract dell .exe i got bios region size small than my old backup.so i cannot use uefi tool here.i try fitc tool.
with help fitc i made bios without any error so i flash it to my spi eeprom with ch341a & paste it om my laptop board but got no display.
i again flash my old backup which i send to you got display ok.
now i think you understand whole steps which i did.
may be dell extractor is not extracting whole size of bios region.may be error in dell bios extractor script?
here is link where i download .exe
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/…hLZz090/drivers