How to flash the gigabyte 6 series mobo to uefi bios?

@AlexNitiNiti - See post #5 on page one of this thread, I already modified UEFI BIOS for GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 >> GA-P67X-UD3R-B3 (This BIOS will now flash to your board, use the flash tool provided in download link)
Be sure to see post #8 and reflash backup BIOS to this BIOS too once you are rebooted

@Matth79 - I’m sure it’s same buggieness as all the others (ie not suggested really, P67/Z68 is best used with SB CPU and old non UEFI BIOS)
No, nothing you can do with older type BIOS with UBU, but stuff can be updated manually with other tools. What do you want updated?

@Lost_N_BIOS I found some bits on doing the modules (such as the Marvell controller), but not on how to do the Microcodes.

It’s an Ivybridge 3770, which is supported in F8. If I try the U1G, is that a one way trip, or can it be taken back to the F8 BIOS. U1G is a lot later, 2017, and the notes look like it may be better for newer OS.
AH! Went to the first post at tweaktown, and found the EFI2Awd flashback, so it’s not a one way trip.

Actually, is the new Microcode better? - I know it offers the lower overhead remedy for Spectre - at the moment, I have Spectre enabled, Meltdown disabled.
Plus, Windows soft-loads the latest anyway, if I have that right.

@Matth79 - Modules like Marvell and microcodes done same way, with Cbrom. Some BIOS are tricky and can brick if edited incorrectly using Cbrom, due to sensitive modules that can’t be moved or touched etc.

I do understand you probably wanted to use Ivy and UEFI BIOS, but I do suggest sticking with older BIOS type even with IVY.
With the hybrid BIOS for Ivy, many things are broken, and I can’t remember them all, but I do know one is CPU multiplier will be locked to a certain amount (I think 31 or 37, unsure)
Yes, you can always go back, using AMI2AWD tool, or yes the EFI2AWD tool.

I can update microcodes for you on either type of BIOS, better or not is up to you to decide, you have to consider security and performance and then choose what you want to do.
Yes, Win10 and I think Win8 too, will over-ride what microcode is used, if it has a newer one. You can always check BIOS microcode content with MC Extractor tool, and then with HWINFO64 or AIDA64 you can see current “In-Use” microcode

If you want updated microcodes on the older BIOS, link me to exact one you want edited, I’ve probably already updated it with microcodes and RST module too probably.

@Lost_N_BIOS Thanks, One pecularity, at least in the UEFI version, is no Video ROM (the GOPs were there), possibly because the board does not implement a video output at all.
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIO…-ud3p-b3_f8.exe

I’m hoping that I can move the disks over and avoid a re-install - I seem to have created things in MBR format, so compatible with non-UEFI BIOS, I think the other one was set with CSM enabled and legacy first. Same CPU, 6 series to 6 series, might have to give it a new key, though it is assigned to my account.

@Matth79 - It should have vBIOS there, I will find and confirm for you.
Assuming what you mentioned above Z68X-UD3P-B3 - U1G, I checked with UBU and I see vBIOS and GOP is there

Scanning BIOS file Z8XPUD3P.U1G.
Please wait…
BIOS platform - AMI Aptio 4
BIOS version - U1g
Manufacturer - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model - Z68XP-UD3P

[EFI Drivers - Find and Extract]
Intel GOP GUID 5BBA83E6-F027-4CA7-BFD0-16358CC9E123
Intel GOP GUID 8D59EBC8-B85E-400E-970A-1F995D1DB91E

[OROM - Find and Extract]
VBIOS in GUID A062CF1F-8473-4AA3-8793-600BC4FFE9A8

2 - Video OnBoard
EFI GOP Driver IvyBridge - 3.0.1023
EFI GOP Driver SandyBridge - 2.0.1023
OROM VBIOS SNB-IVB - 2158

MBR windows install can be used on UEFI BIOS or Legacy BIOS, that doesn’t matter, you only need GPT partitions if you setup and can fully enable a real Secure Boot mode (required UEFI vBIOS on your graphics card too)
Move disk over, from where, what board etc?

Do you want F8 BIOS above microcodes updated? If yes, do you also need any added, or just update the ones there by default?

@Lost_N_BIOS Thanks, just the updated, not likely to run anything other than the 3770 with it, the Marvell for the additional SATA.

Existing install is on the Asus P8H61MX-USB3, Windows on SATA SSD, HDD for storage… I know it’s not much of an update really, but I wanted the 6 port rear audio as I was having no luck with finding port retasking. Also the native SATA 3 is going to beat the Asmedia card I was using… my old AMD X4 got more out of it with native SATA 3.
Plus, the ability to bump the 3770 to maybe 4.3 even though it’s a non-K is a bonus - might stop at 4.1, as I have some recollection that it’s as far as it can push on stock volts - maybe give it a whisker of volts and see if it will push all the way (BIG 120mm fan air cooler).

That move from H61 to Z68 should be fine, reboot for driver reinstall will be needed of course, and then activation phone in if you are not using something to avoid that.
Here is F8 with all microcodes updated - actually, I paused here, your CPUID is 306A4, BIOS F8 already has latest version possible for this CPUID - Rev 7 (9/8/2011)

I’m not sure you can OC Ivy on either BIOS type to the multi you mention. I always used Ivy on Z77 only, even when I had both Ivy/SB and P67/Z68/Z77 at same times, these chipsets simply weren’t ready for Ivy release, that’s why Z77 came out so quickly after Ivy launch.

@Lost_N_BIOS 306A9 - And I wonder if that’s why multicore enhance doesn’t show up on the other board - it doesn’t do it for Ivy, oh well, at least SATA 3 and full audio won’t mind which gen it is, oh well, it will be an adventure

@Matth79 - MCE can be hidden BIOS option. If it’s in the BIOS you are using, then it can be made visible always if you wanted.
F8 BIOS does not have this option, but the UEFI one might (I didn’t check right now)

What do you mean about 306A9? I thought i7-3700 is 306A4 - http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/In…%20i7-3770.html
Hmm, now I see both on that page!? What gives, is there two steppings for this CPU and they don’t have that mentioned, or they have some misprint error?
Anyway, here is F8 with all microcodes updated, now it doesn’t matter

uCodeUPD.png

http://www.filedropper.com/z68x-ud3p-b3f8-ucodeupd

In the manual, it shows options to set the multipliers for 1,2,3,4 cores, so I guess “set 'em all to the 1 core level” = MCE, it’ll be a journey, maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t, and maybe it lets me do the up to 4 steps higher, or maybe not.

If not, in the words of the song, “2 out of 3 ain’t bad” - I still get better SATA 3 and full audio

That is in your BIOS, about the cores (1, 2, 3, 4 etc), I remember seeing that when I looked yesterday

Hello, I’ve come across an old GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 and I wanted to flash UEFI on it. Could anyone look into it and fix a bios for me? I already tried files in #5 but it returns “BIOS ID mismatch” error when I’m trying to flash it from DOS, so it is probably a wrong revision (I have rev. 1.1)? The reason for uefi is that i have an i7 3770K CPU and it behaves like a locked (non-K) one with current bios, UEFI should fix it.
This is a bios I currently use:
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIO…-ud3p-b3_f9.exe
And I’d like to use this UEFI if possible (but any uefi would be nice for my mobo if I get it working):
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIO…-ud3-b3_u1d.exe

If I buy a programmer with a clip (so that I don’t have to solder anything) and just flash P67A-UD3-B3 UEFI without any modifications, will it work? Are the BIOS ID modifications necessary or it doesn’t matter when I use the programmer and not an app?

Edit: long story short… It did boot with some of them (I’ve tried 3-4), but USB + some PCIe slots didn’t work so there is more to it than just bad 4 Pin Fans or audio.

@Lost_N_BIOS
Hi Lost_N_BIOS, Could you please re-post the GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 to GA-P67X-UD3R-B3 mod BIOS originally at http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=84239158085891922913 Cheers, Andrew

1 Like

Post has 3 yrs old…This user is no longer an active member since Jan 2020, personal links are not recoverable.

May be somebody else have UEFI mod GA-P67A-UD3P-B3?
I have the scheme MB but I haven’t relevant skills for modify flash :frowning:
@Paralen963 @Lost_N_BIOS ?

First, flash the Award BIOS from the P67X-UD3R-B3 model with the changed ID
http://mjd79.ct8.pl/p67.zip
It is best to flash the same BIOS, but the original one from Gigabyte’s website again, as there may be different IDs in different places in the ROM.
Then flash the UEFI from the P67X motherboard.
For other users - the modification is very simple. All you need is a hex editor (such as HxD). You download the BIOS Award for your board and the one you want to modify. At the very bottom you will find the ID of the motherboard (it should start with 7A) Modify the ID in the BIOS what you want to flash so that it is the same. Save, then you can already flash that BIOS. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is upload the UEFI BIOS of the board you flashed the BIOS from.

1 Like

Is it possible to flash bios from Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 (which has support for Ivy Bridge) to Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 to run i5 3470 on it?

Hi, any chance to mod or upgrade BIOS on Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 rev. 1.0 to support i7 3770K O’C? I currenly have the latest official BIOS F7 (non-UEFI) and just got 3770K but disappointed that max. multi that can be set in SETUP is 39x and even wit this it boot with 37x only :frowning:
Gigabyte has some UEFI version but only for HW rev. 2.0 - not sure if it would work. I also found somewhere some (probably unofficial) file P67AD3B3.U1D but it’s not clear for what HW rev. it is…

Well, upgrading ME module from 7.x to 8.x was enough, now I can set mul. up to 59x…