[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Did the guide only mentioned UEFI tool method… look again.

As stated in the title of the thread this is a guide for AMI UEFI/LEGACY BIOS. What about other brands, such as HP?

AMI is a bios developer that provides bios platform programming for system manufacturers, not an OEM system brand like HP, Lenovo, Acer etc…
The guide is related to AMI UEFI Aptio Core based bios systems, not Phoenix, InsydeH2O or old legacy AMI8, AWARD6/Phoenix.

EDIT: No need to apologise… because you simply didnt understood anything of what i wrote…
So AGAIN… HP is a OEM system brand, AMI is bios brand/type.
We dont know your HP model so you dont know your bios type…
There are no specific mods for HP/Lenovo etc… the guide is specific for AMI bios types…
Let me know what part your having difficulties to understand…

Ok, thanks. Are there any guides to modify(nvme) HP bios?
My appolgies, if this is wrong thread!

HP EliteBook 840 G2
BIOS version M71_1.31

I figured out the reason for the misunderstanding: I wrote the first question a bit wrong. I perfectly understand the difference between AMI BIOS and OEM (creates its own hardware and software). I didn’t mean to imply that AMI is a hardware manufacturer brand, I was wondering if there is a thread on this forum where I could ask for help with modifying the BIOS specifically for HP brand products?
Specifically HP EliteBook 840 G2…
I have already apologized for writing in the wrong thread

You seemed to me rude…

8 posts were split to a new topic: [Request] NVMe Support for GA-EX58 UD3R

Why would one use the larger NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs (20.3 KB) if there’s full support in the NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs (5.88 KB)?

Inquiring minds…

@hafizullah Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
We don’t offer anymore the v4 variant of the NVMe EFI module.
By the way - you can choose the module of your choice.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

1 Like

I’m already running the v4 variant, and it seems to be working perfectly. I was just wondering what the differences might be between the larger and smaller code modules.

@hafizullah
Please read the related part of the start post. Your question has been fully answered there.

A post was merged into an existing topic: I am looking for help Mod for ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution

7 posts were split to a new topic: NVMe Problems with AOC-SLG3-2M2 Card

I already read it. The narrative does not answer my question, so I’ll say it a different way: Is there any advantage, aside from a space saving, to running the Small driver over the larger one?

@hafizullah
No - it is vice versa: If there is enough space within the DXE Driver Volume, it is recommended to insert the “normal” (bigger sized) NVMe module.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for this great tutorial. I have successfully prepared modded bios for Maximus VI Hero Intel Z87 motherboard but not flashed yet because I have some questions:

1. Why “The on-board SATA Controller should not been set to “RAID” mode within the BIOS.”? Currently I have 2xssd in raid0 working flawlessly and wanted to add nvme and keep also sata disks in raid mode.
  2. I can install W10 from usb with SecureBoot enabled. Do I realy need to disable it when bios mod done and nvme ssd added via pcie nvme adapter?

@zbigl Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Although I am not a clairvoyant, here are my answers:

1. According to some user reports it was not possible to get Win10/11 installed onto their NVMe SSD as long as the on-board Intel SATA Controller had been set to “RAID”. On the other hand it seems to be possible to re-enable the RAID setting and to re-use the existing RAID array once the OS installation onto the NVMe SSD has been successfully completed.
  2. You should not try to get Win10/11 installed onto the NVMe SSD while “Secure Boot” has been enabled within the BIOS. It is very unlikely, that you will succeed.

Good luck for the flashing of the modded BIOS!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ok, thank you for quick answers

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Complete] NVMe Support for MSI Z87 X POWER

I’m trying to NVME-mod a BIOS file for a GA-B85-HD3 rev2.1. Modded BIOSes for earlier revisions of that mobo are available, but sadly not for rev2.1.

Comparing my original BIOS file to my modded attempt, I can see at least one pad file missing from what i presume is vol2 (the DXE volume) of the modded version? Screenshot shows missing file highlighted in blue. I used the NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs file, inserted compressed, as the DXE_5 version didn’t fit.

Can anyone verify that the modded BIOS (B85HD32.F4.fd) is good, please? Or if not, mod the original (B85HD32.F4) for me? Both attached in single zip file.

B85HD32.zip (5.8 MB)

Your modded BIOS may work or not (nobody can predict it), but is definitively “not good” due to the missing Pad-file.
By the way - the UEFITool 0.28.0 is able to insert the NvmExpressDxe_5.ffs module without touching the Pad-file.
Here is the proof: