[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Please report here about the result of the test.

Yes, you cannot extract anything, which is not present within the BIOS, but the extraction may be needed to get the NVMe module from another mainboard BIOS (unless you download already extracted modules like the ones I am offering within the start post of this thread).

@Fernando
Hello, yes no problem i 'll of course report my results here, and iā€™ve used https://mega.co.nz/#!EBMGwDiI!FT-NKR47Kbā€¦G36X2vR_dk_ItQ4 and now my X79 get these, i just waiting rootuser answer about the bios flashing,
One more question, i know that Q-FLASH utilities is not flashing entire BIOS, FPT command allow you to flash the full bios, does Q-FLASH is enough???
Ghostearth.

Yes, because it will replace the entire BIOS region within the BIOS chip and that is the only important thing here.
Off topic: Please avoid writing with so many blank lines, which just blows up the thread.

@Ghostearth I managed to insert the X99 NVMe modules into my X79-UD3 BIOS and I flashed it successfully. I used Efiflash in DOS to flash the BIOS. I donā€™t have an NVMe SSD to test though.

Thanks, results will be posted in middle of september.
OffTopic : Fernando blank lines resolved.
Ghostearth.

As i 'im planning to install the Intel 750 with Windows 7 x64, itā€™s better to install the NVMe driver from intel after OS installation or mount the ISO natively with the KB2990941???
Thanks.
Ghostearth.

@ Ghostearth:

Since Windows 7 natively doesnā€™t support NVMe, you will not ne able to get it installed onto the Intel 750 SSD, unless you have integrated or loaded a suitable NVMe driver. If I were you, I would integrate Intelā€™s own NVMe driver.

just a very strange thing:
i have been out for 5 days, now power on my pc,
and intel 750 Data written unit is @ 32,46 GB.
5 days ago it was about 2TB !!!
anyone of you have checked this?

@ imsims:
Thanks for your interesting report.
Are you sure, that the used tool ā€œHard Disk Sentinel v4.60.9b PROā€ is able to read the data of an Intel 750 SSD correctly?
According to >this< site the version you used is the first one with NVMe support. It is a Beta version and available since 08/07/2015 (latest Beta version is 4.60.9e).
Unfortunately the recently released Intel SSD Toolbox v3.3.1 still is not able to read the related data from my 750 SSD.

Off topic: Please avoid unneeded blank lines within your posts. Without these blank lines your posts are better to read and consume less space.

ok, i think that hdsentinel ass a bug with 32bit variables .
when calculate x1000 value of data written.
:smiley:

@Fernando I found a person with an X79 chipset who is able to test the method and I assume he has an Intel 750 SSD on hand right now. He needs help to flash the modded ASUS BIOS to his motherboard and I already linked your tutorial on how to flash modded ASUS BIOS.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1571271/tutorā€¦t#post_24352105

For the oldie but goodie motherboards ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 and Z77 Extreme 6 there are new beta bios with NVMe support available. Canā€™t say anything about it, because I have no NVMe device.

Z77 Extreme 4
Z77 Extreme 6

Yes, ASRock is usually the first and sometimes the only mainboard manufacturer, who supports even older products, when a new hardware generation is coming up.

Never use only one tool for checking things like temperature, SMART or such things as there are always vendor related "bugs"/features not every app handles

I have compared the before and after files. Luckily, it has just a small increment. After removing the timestamps from files, the result with all changes is bellow:

Only the highlighted three have code changes, with the second being font related (I think) and the last being just the Setup menu. This leaves us with NVMe being added in either AMITSE or the new Samsung_M2_DXE. I would think the later is not a good candidate, being an OEM related driver, which leaves us with AMITSE, surprisingly. As a side note, that M2 driver is now a good candidate for those with older boards. Theyā€™ve also made some changes to UEFI menu, so that users donā€™t enforce legacy only.

I added the NVMe modules of ASUS Z97 Deluxe v2401 BIOS which extracted by @Fernando to my ASUS P9X79 Deluxe v4801 BIOS in spite of bootable with the original unmodified BIOS from Intel SSD 750.
As expected, I couldnā€™t find any changes about the UEFI (BIOS) menus and any performance.

P9X79-DELUXE-ASUS-4801.NVMe.jpg

The Intel 750 NVMe SSD isnā€™t shown within the UEFI BIOS of my ASRock Z97 Extreme6 as well, although the NVMe modules had been added by ASRock itself.
Nevertheless I can boot fine from the NVMe SSD.
This means: The NVMe SSDs are detected by the BIOS, but not shown there.

i have sabertooth X79 bios 4801, i think same asus bios for all X79.

iā€™m able to boot from 750 with original bios. you donā€™t?

@Fernando Got another candidate on overclock.net that used your method to enable NVMe support that can test it on an X79 Motherboard. Heā€™ll report the results back next week.

Yeah, you are right.
P9X79 Deluxe can boot from Intel SSD 750 with the unmodified original BIOS v4801. As you described, the BIOS can detect it so that adding the NVMe modules causes nothing at all.

I think you might ask me, right? Yes, P9X79 Deluxe can boot from Intel SSD 750 without any BIOS modifications.