[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

You’re the best! Seriously, super appreciated… How can I pay you back?

I don’t know why I said ASUS, because it is in fact MSI… MSI B85M-E45 mATX

10.9 https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B85M-E45#down-bios

@Amivit - You’re welcome, and thanks for confirming board and link. Sometimes we all have 2-3 board going at once, so wanted to be sure what you needed modified before sending out any BIOS, in case you needed on some Asus B85 board instead of MSI
So, as previously mentioned, here is mod BIOS and here is where you insert the NVME module in case you need to know next time, or you want to make your own edit.

NVME-Mod1.png

NVME-Mod2.png

NVME-Mod3.png

NVME-Mod4.png

NVME-Mod5.png

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…574676173195273

@Lost_N_BIOS :
Super handy. The file AND the guide! Conveniently zipped together.

This is a little off topic now, but to my disappointment, I found out there are only PCIe x1 slots available now. To my surprise, my laptop only has one x16 PCIe Gen3.0 slot, which is occupied by the graphics card.
Most adapters I see online are for x4, but I found this producton a Chinese shop. Could I use that and still get better performance than a traditional SATA SSD? 860 evo SATA vs 970 evo on PCIe x1 3.0? It’s also a matter of being future ready, since I would like to upgrade everything in max a year… But for now, I just really need an SSD.

EDIT by Fernando: To save space I have replaced the fully quoted post (incl. pictures) by simply addressing to the author of the quoted post.

@Amivit :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
We are happy, that you succeeded and got the NVMe SSD working with your old system.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

From whom did you get this information? Look >here<.

I’ve contacted samsung support about which products have lagacy support,their answer was : only the 950 pro.

@Amivit - where are you seeing everything else is limited to x1? I can possibly change these in BIOS for you for the rest of the lanes, if you can connect something to a lane and find out exactly which lane is used for that port (1-8)
See image below, these are the options, two of these for 1-4 + 5-8 (All currently set to 4x1)

PCIE-x1-8Ports.png

However, I would not adjust these until you have a hardware flash programmer in hand, in case something disables your screen and you need to recover BIOS.
You need CH341A ($2.50 on ebay) and SOIC8 test clip cable ($3.50 on ebay)

Whenever I modify a bios like in this case, the suspension mode of Windows 10 never works. I have to reset it to restart when I give it to suspend system, do you know the solution?,

My board GB B75M-D3H Bios F15 NVMe mod

@laranje :

Not really.
Have you checked the Power Options of the OS and the Intel Management Engine (Firmware/Driver correlation)?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Also check the power/sleep options for the NVME controller and drive itself in device manager if possible, make sure enabled.

I have the same options than before bios mod :frowning:

That’s not what he meant I think, you need to check them and be sure they are allowed to sleep or not, and or make adjustments if needed to your power/sleep options.

Does anyone have an idea will it work with my asus N751JK laptop? It has Intel HM86 motherboard, Haswell architecture.
As I understand it is very similar to ASUS G771JW laptop with HM87. Mod for this model is considered as tested and working, but it has 211 bios fw version. While mine N751JK only 205, released in mid 2015.

Should be fine @ViliusK

Can you check bios file for me? Did I make correct insertion? I would appreciate your help very much
One more question, when flashing with afudos, should I leave new file format .rom, or rename it to original .205?

Thanks in advance.

N751JKAS_MOD.205.zip (2.34 MB)

@ViliusK :
As Lost_N_BIOS already has written, the insertion of the NVMe module into the BIOS is no problem (I have already done it successfully), but the flashing procedure will be risky.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for accepting me

Is there any way to backup my BIOS and later, if flashing fails, recover it ?

It looks perfect.

@ViliusK :
The risk to get a bricked notebook by flashing a BIOS, where you have just added a natively not present module, are very low, but the chances, that the flashing fails due to the ASUS security features, are very high.

@Fernando
Dear Win-raid member
I signup to tell everyone. Main board ASUS P8H77-M , Can use M.2 Nvme already,

1. Mod BIOS ASUS P8H77-M version 1306
2. Setup BIOS by AI Suite II (Find some information in this forum) [Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS
3. Follow Guide and reading carefully you will success.

May the Nvme with you.

@Cheedman007 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!
We are glad, that you succeeded and now can enjoy the performance of your NVMe SSD with your old Intel 7-Series Chipset system.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)