[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

I’m hesitate to align the partitions. might be time consuming + writing on ssd. don’t know if any impact on performance of 970 evo, though 970 has its own controller that can handle all that. is still need align or not needed…

@XGen :
A correct alignment of the in-use HDD/SSD partitions is a precondition of a properly working system, but this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

guys, i have an MSI Z87 MPOWER i want to use and PCIe adapter to put a nvme ssd, can anyone check is my mod bios ok?

https://mega.nz/#!M1R0DQDb!lc2yHAlfMlCAR…g9MyyvDfFMlNoZU

thanks

@RYZON :
Without decrypting key nobody is able to get your attached BIOS file.

my fault sorry:
https://mega.nz/#!M1R0DQDb!lc2yHAlfMlCAR…g9MyyvDfFMlNoZU

Hello Fernando, and the rest of the guys.

Maybe you guys can help me. I want to upgrade my ASUS ROG-GL552VX Laptop with an NVME SSD. I have one already mounted. I cannot see the device on the bios and windows. I was reading through the forum and threads and maybe you guys will be able to mod my bios to accommodate my m.2 SSD. I tried doing the methods above, I cannot seem to find CSMCORE. I am attaching a link to my bios maybe you guys can have a go at it. Thanks a mil!

https://megaupload.nz/rfY3J2Yam2/extracted_rom

The m.2 SSD I have is
Samsung PM981 NVMe 512GB

__
ASUS GL552VX Republic of Gamers
Intel i7 6700HQ Skylake 2.60GHz
8GB DDR4
NVIDIA GTX 950M
1TB HDD

BIOS VERSION: 300 (Latest in the webpage)

Hello Fernando~

Machine :LENOVO C30
Nvme disk:Samsung 970evo plus

I flashed it successfully,but it couldn’t show the ‘‘pata’’ in the boot list.
But I found an interesting thing when I had installed the system.It would show the windows boot manager in the other sata disk boot list(even the sata disk was empty).I added 2 sata disks in the machine,and it would show 2 ''windows boot manager".
But If I only left the nvme disk in the machine,it couldn’t show any “windows boot manager” in the boot lisk.
Here’s the pic you can see in the boot list when I added 2 sata disks.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=49383635553502058382

Could it have something to do with the bios boot design?

Oh,I forgot to give you the effort I had tried with the ASUS P5Q adding the nvme module
I tried many times with the way you told me.But I still could showed any “Windows boot manager” in the boot list.

What’s more,I had found some boards has the same problem such as"ASUS C5F",’'EVGA Z77"and some of BIOSTAR 1155 pins boards
Could it be the old bios architecture cause the problem?

@RYZON :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, this variant seems to be modded correctly.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@raylozanes :
I haven’t written the detailed guide about how to do it with the intention to modify BIOSes for all interested users (more than 1.200.000 views) myself.
So please follow carefully the instructions layed down within the start post of this thread.
If you are unsure regarding the result of your BIOS modding, you can attach the modded and the original BIOS as *.ZIP or *.RAR archives. Then we will do a look into them and give you our feedback regarding the correctness of your work.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

What makes you sure, that the modded BIOS has been successfully flashed?
Where and how did you insert the NVMe SSD?
Now to your questions regarding the presence of the “Windows Boot Manager” within the BOOT section of the BIOS:

1. The EFI partition, which contains the “Windows Boot Manager”, is usually hidden. Consequence: A HDD/SSSD, which is shown by the Windows Explorer as being empty, may nevertheless contain a boot sector with the “Windows Boot Manager”.
  2. Even after having successfully flashed a correctly NVMe modded BIOS you cannot see the NVMe SSD as “Windows Boot Manager” within the BIOS. This entry will only appear after having successfully installed the OS in UEFI mode onto the NVMe SSD.

1st post. Researching an upcoming build with an NVME boot drive and Win 7 x64. Ahhh, boy, 4400-ish posts. :slight_smile:

@pepar :
It is not easy to understand what you mean. For an upcoming build of what (with an NVMe boot drive) are you searching?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello, i have modified the bios for my Mainbaord. Would this be so correct? The M.2 card is Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB,
Gigabyte GA-Z87P-D3 ver. 1.x

GA-Z87P_mod.f8.zip (5.78 MB)

Sorry, Dieter, it was late when I discovered your community and my communications skills were not at their best. I just 1) added a sig and 2) contributed. (Thank your for your efforts!) Next I will begin reading from the beginnings of this thread.

Further background on what I have done so far. I followed the procedure on How-To Geek o unpack Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 ISO, slipstream the Convenience Rollup Update into it and repack it into ISO. At that point I remembered reading about slipping an “F5” driver into the Win 7 install ISO or, as I have discovered here in my brief reading so far, slipping in files to add native NVME support.

@babylon05 :
Your modded BIOS looks fine. The NVMe module has been correctly inserted.
Good luck while flashing the modded BIOS!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@pepar :
Thanks for your reply and goot luck for the realisation of your NVMe project.

Don’t forget to integrate the MS NVMe Hotfix into the boot.wim and install.wim images.

That was on of the first things I discovered I needed. I found and downloaded the 64-bit Hotfix.
I need to re-read/read deeper on this, but did I read that the Hotfix needs to be applied to the Win7SP1 ISO before the Rollups are slipped into it? And therefore it wouldn’t work if I added it to the completely updated ISO?

If there is a better thread on this topic, please point me there.

Jeff

Thanks for checking

@pepar
In the long run, you would probably be better off just integrating the two NVMe hotfixes and getting that ISO to work. I also tried integrating USB3 drivers and the Samsung NVMe driver, but never had success doing so. In the end, I integrated the two Microsoft NVMe hotfixes, and copied the USB3.0 drivers and Samsung drivers to separate folders after creating the bootable USB in Rufus. Just be sure to use Dieter’s recommended settings, and use a clean NVMe drive with no other drives connected. Once you get the ISO with the NVMe hotfixes working, you can try slipstreaming the Ms updates, and/or drivers, etc.