[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@Udotov :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Modifying a BIOS is sometimes easier than flashing a modified BIOS. Reason: The mainboard manufacturer may have put a write protection into its original BIOS. If so, you cannot flash the BIOS the “normal way” by using the standard method.
Unfortunately you didn’t mention the manufacturer and the model of your mainboard.
Please read the start post of >this< thread and follow the related advices. If you have any further questions regarding the topic “How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS”, please post them into the linked thread.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

ASUS Z97-A BIOS 3503
thanks! probably already has someone flashed the BIOS for it? to be able to use SSD m. 2

@Udotov :
Maybe I found something, which will help you:
Read the start post of >this< thread. At the bootom you can find a description how the user got the modded successfully flashed.
Good luck!
Please do not post any further BIOS flashing related posts into this thread.

anyone bios MOD NVME BOOT motherboard ECS Z77H2-A2X(DELUXE V2.0) ? can anyone helping me?because i dont know how to flash the bios…i use ssd xpg spectrix s40g…i follow the tutorial,but i dont know how to flash the bios

@SevenAngel :

If yes, you will find it >here<.

>Here< is a guide about how to do it.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi. I installed Your BIOS. Everything seems fine, Windows Installer sees the drive, but unfortunately gives an error saying that OS cannot be installed on the drive cos it’s not possible to boot from it?
Could You help me?

@ch3mn3y :
If you want to be able to boot off an NVMe SSD, it is not enough to have an NVMe module within the BOS. There are some additional BIOS settings required.
Please read the start post of this thread carefully and follow the advices layed down within the chapter "Installation of the OS onto the NVMe SSD" (e.g. you have to disable the "Fast Boot" and "Secure Boot" options within the BIOS).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando Thanks. In the end it seems to be my mistake. When I still had it enabled I formatted the NVMe drive. But got the no boot error. Than I tried with both option disabled and from the outside (before clicking at the text that “Windows cannot be installed on the choolsen drive”) error looked the same. However it was not as now it was the problem with MBR partitioned drive and Installer needing GPT partition table.

Ehh, I’ll never learn to check everything and than (not)posting a question :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have a problem…after I flashed the moded BIOS, I CAN’T overclock DRAM?my DRAM module only can work on default frequency(1600MHz, XMP and manual overclock is not working, but CPU and iGPU overclock is working)
motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z87, DRAM module is G.SKILL Ripjaws Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
anyone have same problem or can help?

@xiaox :
I don’t know the exact reason why you cannot overclock anymore your G.Skill DRAM modules after having inserted the NVMe EFI module into the BIOS, but I seriously doubt, that there is a direct relationship.
My question to you is: What is more important for you - using a super fast NVMe SSD as system drive or overclocking your DRAM modules?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi All,

I wanted to thank this forum for helping me upgrade my motherboards so that they support nvme ssds. I was able to follow the tutorials and generate the modified version of the bios for this specific motherboard.
Original bios: mb_bios_ga-990fxa-ud5-r5_F3: 99FXA5R5.F3
Modified bios: ModNVME99FXA5R5.F3.rom

I used the UEFITool referenced in the tutorials to do the modification. I’ve flashed the modified bios on my computer and it works fine with the new PCI Ex 2.0 x4 ssd.
I hope this helps someone outhere!

MBGa99FXA5R5Bioses.zip (5.66 MB)

@Salazc :
Thanks for your feedback!
It is fine, that you succeeded, but it was not necessary to start several threads about the same topic.
I have moved your contributions into the matching Sub-Forums and threads.

@Fernando
Thanks for reply, i just suddeny found out it didn’t work, if you want a related question:
I have another motherboard with Intel® NM70 chipset flashed the moded bios, I connected the nvme ssd to a PCIE 2.0 x1 port with adapter, it crash when selfcheck :frowning:

@xiaox :
What exactly did you do and what didn’t work?
If the BIOS flashing procedure itself went fine, but the PC crashes after having inserted the NVMe SSD, I suspect either a bad adapter/SSD or a wrong/incomplete connexion of them.

Hi guys

I read this topic about 4 years ago i think , finally i decided to do to my system but i am confused at that point do we have to need another motherboard bios entries ? Also if there is a modded bios section it would be great :slight_smile:
I couldnt read all entries because there is many :slight_smile:

My system is : i7 3770K 4.9Ghz Asus P8Z77 V-Pro Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz CL9 16GB (4x4) Asus GTX 1080 OC 2078/11000

@turbo-powwer :

After having successfully flashed the NVMe modded BIOS, but before trying to get the OS installed onto the NVMe SSD, you have to change some BIOS settings. You can find them within the chapter 4 of my how-to-do-guide (= start post of this thread).

You can search for it yourself by looking into >this< Sub-Forum.

You only have to read the guide (= first post of this thread) - nothing else.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

ANY HELP WITH BIOS SETTING

YOU WILL HAVE To WAIT!!!

Success Fernando! Successfully modded my mobo and installed Win 10pro. So glad I don’t have to ditch my aged system to enjoy NVMe boost. Great work guys.

My Current System:
MB: Gigabyte Z87X UD5H; CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K; Disk Drives: 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD + 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SATA SSD; Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1660Ti + GTX 650; Ram: Corsair Vengenace Pro 4x8MB; OS: Win10 Pro x64

@Arcfrankye :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!
It is fine, that you succeeded and I am glad, that my guide helped you.
Enjoy your old system with freshly boosted performance.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)