[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@G4WINGS :
Without any further information about
1. the content of the recently flashed modded BIOS (should be attached or uploaded/linked) and
2. your specific PC configuration (model of the NVMe SSD and in-use OS)
we cannot help you.

Simply cloning the previously used SATA connected system drive(s) doesn’t work with an NVMe SSD, because the previously used boot sector knows nothing about your new configuration.
My tip: Go >here<, expand the content of the spoiler “This is what you should do” and read carefully the chapter “Installation of the OS onto the NVMe SSD”.

Furthermore you should write your posts and its title by using “normal” letters. We don’t like it, when users are trying to get urgent help
a) by starting a new thread without looking, whether a matching one already exists within the Forum,
b) writing the text by using just capital and/or bold letters and
c) sending additionally PMs with the same text to the Admins instead of waiting for an answer to their Forum request.

@Fernando
Can I use this modded bios if I had the same MB?

BIOS from this >post <

Hi Fernando

I want to ask this, i going to planning all of these after my nvme to pci converter came but i have to use my current windows 10 Pro system that i constantly backup and i cant be reinstall again so my intentions are easy

1. Flash the bios
2. Check the system if it boots from nvme
3.Restore my system backup to the nvme LP
4. Done ?

Or do i have to convert file system to GPT after restore ?

@headmaster :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Provided, that the related BIOS has been
a) designed for the exactly same mainboard model and
b) correctly modified (I didn’t check it),
you can try to flash it, but I generally recommend to do the BIOS modification yourself. If you are unsure regarding the result, I will do an inspection of the BIOS after your modification.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

thanks for your help with some configuring in bios suggested by you guys its now booting up and working good stuff you guys are doing
---------------------
sorry about my ignorance about the ethics of site sorry again and I’m really thank full for this site

@turbo-powwer :
Your procedure will not work.
As layed down within the start post, a clean install of Win10 in UEFI mode is the easiest and safest method to get the NVMe SSD bootable.

If you want nevertheless to transfer your currently used OS partition into the NVMe SSD, you may do the following:

1. Insert the NVMe SSD (if not already previously done).
  2. Flash the NVMe modded BIOS and do the appropriate BIOS settings for being able to boot in UEFI mode.
  3. Convert the partition scheme of your current system drive from MBR to GPT.
  4. Make sure, that the NVMe SSD is detected by the OS and the NVMe Controller is listed within the “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager.
  5. Make a backup just of your drive C: (don’t include the other, much smaller sized partitions to the backup) and store it somewhere outside.
  6. Create a bootable USB Flash Drive with your desired Win10 Image according to my guide.
  7. Unplug all HDDS/SSDs except the NVMe one.
  8. Install the clean Win10 Image in UEFI mode onto the NVMe SSD according to my guide.
  9. Once the OS install is completed, you can reconnect the HDD/SSD, which contains your backup of drive C:.
  10. Now you have the option to make a backup of all partitions of the NVMe SSD and to store it outside.
  11. Final step: Replace the data of your new drive C (=freshly installed OS) by the backup you had done at step 5.

Now you should be able to boot directly into your NVMe SSD running your currently used old OS.
Good luck!

@headmaster
I have the same MB and I completed mine a few months ago and it is still working perfectly. Everything is so much faster using 970 Evo.

To get mine to work I followed the guide on the first page of this post and if you’re using windows x64, the file I used to flash was >>Here<<

The file I personally used to flash was from >>this<< post but you may want to modify your own to ensure it’s compatible.

@G4WINGS :
Since your problem had nothing to do with the Sub-Forum "Important Drivers", I have moved our discussion into this better matching thread.

I find out what part of modify cause my z87’s XMP not working. issue fixed
now another motherborad with MH78 chipset,UEFI BIOS(but the UI like those lga775 old motherborad), i did what this guide says(it work on my z87), but not work on my hm78, i inserted the NVMe SSD(an intel optane ssd) in to a pcie 2.0 x1 port(form chipset not cpu) with an adapter(it work on my z87), turn on the pc, it just a fall into a loop : a “bee” then keep black screen then self reboot then a “bee” then black screen then self reboot

@xiaox :
Regarding the MH87 chipset mainboard please attach or give us the link to the original and your modded BIOS.
Furthermore you should tell us why you tried to connect the extremely good performing Intel optane SSD to a PCIe 2.0 x1 port. It is no wonder, that you are not satisfied with the results.
What happens after the removal of the NVMe SSD? Does the PC work normal thereafter?

Please tell us the reason for the issue and how you solved it.

I used "ChangeLogo.exe" Changed logo cause my z87 can not overclock ram
the mh87 is normal after removed nvme ssd

@xiaox :
Thanks for your quick answers.
If you want, that we help you to find out the reason for your problem with the MH87 chipset mainboard, you should give us the opportunity to have a look into the requested BIOS files.

when i read or write the bios it only read or write those block only like screenshot
and the bios(not the origin): ftp://ftp.bbtcat.cc/afuwin3.rom

QQ??20190916053622.png

@xiaox :
If you want to open or modify an AMI UEFI BIOS, you should use an appropriate BIOS tool.
This is what I get, when I open your linked BIOS (without NVMe support):

BIOS modding tool.png

By the way - where is the BIOS, which had been modified by you?

I remember i add nvmexpressdxe4.ffs, and changed logo.
I just tested, the AFUWINGUIx64.exe says flash successed but the bios still is the original

Your recently attached BIOS didn’t contain any NVMe module.

Hello @szoo0268 ,

I am trying to do the same with my X9SRA. But when I load the bios file (latest X9SRA5.116), cant find where the PcieLaneDXE line is. Would you mind sharing your modded bios file?

thanks

Edit: got it working, had to use AMI tool rather than the other one and it was super easy. Kudos to the original author that found this solution.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post removed (to save space)

Sorry, I am writing through a translator. I installed vmexpressdxe4.ffs everything turned out, windows10 gpt-uefi loads fine, but there was a problem. switching to legacy in the BIOS, the computer stops seeing other disks, I can not boot even from bootable flash drives that are not uefi. So it should be, or is this the problem only with me?

Hello,
I would need you expert help.
I am using asus sabertooth x79, was fine with stock bios, the older format, ver 1203
then after hrs of pain i upgraded to 4701, with nvme module, foud in this thread.
system works, now with some 6 core. already great help to boot pci-e disk, thak you!
But i need to modify this 4701 nvme bios to run my 8 core, ES cpu 0x206D2, QA91 3.00 ghz
I have no balls to perform that mod. hoping thats possible
Thanks in advace for any help.
Joudnik

Hi everyone,
just a quick question since i don’t have the time to read through the whole thread:

I want to mod my Asus M6H bios to boot from a NVMe SSD - should i use UBU or MMtool4?
Which guide should i read? It seems there is a looooot of information out there and i need some guidance as to where a good starting point is…

Thanks in Advance!