[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

I edited my Post.
I checked the bios file. All ok. But not flashable

@Shinsaja :
You are not the first user, who cannot flash a modded BIOS by using the way the mainboard manufacturer is offering.
Each mainboard manufacturer has implemented its own security features into the original BIOS to make it as difficult as possible to get a modded BIOS properly flashed.
Solution: You have to find a way to circumvent these restrictions. Please look into the thread I had recently linked.

I have read many and now it works.

@Fernandoā€¦thank you for your help woth my supermicro x10drhā€¦it workedā€¦i used ami aptio 5 (V) flash utility gui inside windows 10.
now i can boot from m2 nvme inside pci-e adapterā€¦thanks once again

@ari2asem : It is fine, that you succeeded - congratulations! And I am glad, that I could help you with the integration of the NVMe module.
Enjoy it!

Hello. Yeah, Iā€™ve checked everything that was written in this post. The only thing Iā€™ve made not in accordance with recommendation is cloning my clean OS from HDD to SSD instead of a new installation.

But looks like Iā€™ve found out the reason for slow-speed SDD working. As I see in Samsung Magician my SSD is working through PCIe 2.0 x4 (https://yadi.sk/i/ot_Os1JEwcpgng) interface instead of high-speed PCIe 3.0 x4 which should be integrated in Samsung 970 PRO. I have no clue why is that? Is there any solution for this problem?

@Shergar :
Your problem seems to be hardware related and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
My advice: Contact the ASUS Technical Support.

Great info!
I recently bought a Samsung 970 Evo pro 1T to use as my boot drive in my Asus Maximus IV Extreme only to discover that I cant do it. Now I found this guide and I have renewed hope!

My question is, will I be able to raid the M.2 drive if a buy a PCIe x16 adapter that can hold 2 SSDs?
Is the performance of a PCIE NVME drive superior to the fastest SSD SATA RAID setup?

Thank you!!

@Biggerguy :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
According to my knowledge only modern Intel chipset systems from 100-Series up do support the creation of a bootable Intel RAID array consisting of NVMe SSDs.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi could someone let me know the best way to get this done perhaps?

Lenovo L540 -> Bios name $0AJ4000.FL1

MMtool
It just dose not open the file no error just nothing when selected
Tried to decompress the file after googling the FL1 file type -> I ran -phcomp.exe /d $0AJ4000.FL1 and named the file .rom tried to load but threw an error

UEFITool
There were some messages in the output box about unknown file systems two of them for two volumes im guessing
Another error message about non-empty pad files being cleared out
Found all the DXE files in one single place and inserted the module at the bottom all went fine

While cross comparing them I remembered a warning about pad files bugger what looks to me the pad file could be genuinly empty so no issues but clearly the warning is to no go ahead due to these pad files. Iā€™m guessing there can be hidden data in them. Picture below compares the file before and after.

Is there a way forward?

@alexhore :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
To be able to check the integrity of your modded BIOS, ywe need both BIOS files (the original extracted "pure" and you modded one). Please attach them as *.ZIP archive(s) or give us a download link to them.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks, I had another google and realised that its only a risk if its a non-empty pad file on the volume I am modifying but I only get the warning for the second volume which has a non-empty pad file and I am editing the first which dose not.

I have attached the files anyway - Thanking you kindly!

$0AJ4000.FL1.zip (5.35 MB)

@alexhore :
Thanks for the attachment.
I have compared both BIOS files by using the UEFITool and couldnā€™t find any bad or changed entry. So the insertion of the NVMe module seems to be done fine.
Good luck while trying to flash the modded BIOS!

Thanks, spent all day trying to get it to flash downgraded then upgraded again but will not load the bios tried windows and dos tools no joy. I nearly found the back of the internet trying to figure it out. Seems there are two issues. The bios is signed, you can apparently generate your own signature and then flash it but I couldnt even get that far. You also apparently get issues beeping when you boot and need to fix some hashing to sort that. Dragged myself through this guide but looking at the comments at the bottom the whole bios is pissobly signed rather than a specific volume. Maybe this is something you have fixed before? if not ill just have to clover-efi it :frowning:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/ā€¦eeps-on-lenovo/

@alexhore :
Since the question ā€œHow to flash a modded BIOS?ā€ is a general one and doesnā€™t depend on the specific sort of BIOS modification (here: insertion of an NVMe module), I recommend to read the start post of >this< thread and to ask there for help if required.

Hello everyone. I want to share my success after I managed to install Windows 10 on my new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe on my old ASUS Z87-DELUXE/QUAD motherboard.
Thank you very much for this (for me painful but very useful) guide. Keep this great work guys :slight_smile:

@pilot737 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback.
Enjoy the speed and access time of your NVMe SSD running with your old Z87 chipset mainboard!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi everyone!
Does anyone know m.2 ssd and adaptor will work with asus maximus formula V motherboard?Can i modify the bios to make it work?
I just would like to know before i am buying one.Thanks for help.

@ceasar83 - Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Yes + yes!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando can U modify for me this bios and add NVME boot support? im out of luck
(here is backup used CH341 Programmer)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqPFcaDMKFJ_gpdCnmSlZCmLdAn9bw?e=yszRww