[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@RAWEast :
Have you compared the size of the original and your modded BIOS? It must be exactly the same!
Did you anything more with the BIOS than to insert the NVMe module by using the AMI MMTool 4.50? If yes, what?
What about the ASUS AISuite? Did you try it?

Hi, Iā€™ve only added the NVMe module to the BIOS. Yes, both the pre and post modified BIOSā€™s are exactly the same size. I did try the AI Suite, and it seemed to load the BIOS OK, but no change in the access to the NVMe.

Iā€™m leaning toward starting the whole process over from the start. Perhaps I did something out of sequence. I used to go nuts looking for errors in the SYSGEN file on TNSII systems in the 80ā€™s.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

@RAWEast :

No "PATA_SS" listed within the BOOT section of the BIOS?

Nope, nada. I also tried loading windows to the NVME, nogo.

@RAWEast :
This verifies, that the modded BIOS has not been properly flashed.

OK, Then let me try downing it to an earlier version. At least that will confirm the ability to flash and be demonstrated by the version reported.

That went smoothly. Was able to downgrade from 2501 to the previous version 2403. So, at least that confirms the BIOS flash process is not the issue.

Iā€™ll do a little research and see what else I can confirmā€¦ Unless you have a rabbit in your hat. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
RAWEast

Hey Fernando, Thank you again for your help. It is much appreciated.

While I have not yet booted from the drive, it is in cloning process as I type. The issue was with the flashing. It was able to get it flashed using the AI Suite. One small detail in the process was not picked up on during the late night endeavors. I missed the step of replacing the image file after the AI Suite Update utility verified the file but before selecting the flash command.
I have some data migration and organizing to do, but so far, it looks like a done deal. The PATA_SS option is now available.

Stay Safe

Cheers,
RAWEast

Followed exaclty the steps, but with no luck. First updating the bios i got "security flash failed" but after that i just open and saved (doing notging else) with UBU software succeded to update the bios with the correct information but no PATA was inserted on BOOT devices.
Motherboard: ASROCK H81 Pro BTC R.2

@kgerakopoulos :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
If you want help, you should attach the original and your modded BIOS as *.ZIP archives. Then we will check, whether you have inserted the NVMe module into the correct location.
Are you sure, that the NVMe SSD is correctly inserted via adapter into an appropriate PCIe slot?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

finally having no luck with anything decided to use NVME 500GB as a second backup drive. Fortunately i went into bios and i saw that "Windows Boot Manager" appeared after installing nvme to pci express. No PATA or PATA_SS just the Windows Boot Manager. I said lets try installing windows and boot from it and here it is, this comment is from my freshly installed windows 10 (nvme 500gb - WD BLACK 750).

I updated the bios and still canā€™t see the NVME disk. It is good? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pds4NUā€¦VpJ-KUnDXju0Gs5

@kgerakopoulos :
Are you sure, that the "Windows Boot Manager" (= EFI boot sector) is on your NVMe SSD?
Please check it by running the Disk Management.

@supervisor :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Your modded BIOS seems to be fine.

Where did you search for it? How is it connected?
Which mainboard has your computer and how did you flash the modded BIOS?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Are you sure, that the ā€œWindows Boot Managerā€ (= EFI boot sector) is on your NVMe SSD? = I donā€™t knowā€¦i have GIGABYTE NVMe 1TB SSD (install windows works with GPT )
Where did you search for it? How is it connected. MB Asus Z77-A NVME in PCI-E with AXAGON PCEM2-D

Bios = afudos new.cab /gan

@supervisor :
Please post a screenshot of the Disk Management, where all partitions of the NVMe SSD (even the usually 100MB sized EFI system partition = "Windows Boot Manager") are listed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AakPvMhnGs9BefgH6

@supervisor :
If the picture shows the partitions of the NVMe SSD and "PrimƔrni" means the Windows OS, everything seems to be fine.

installation was done with new and old BIOS, but still the same mistakeā€¦instalation OK, BOOT not fuction
https://photos.app.goo.gl/55FPrcxk52ZB2E3U8

EDIT:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VWsD87GvfMtny4n19
but after reboot the bios has the same settings as before the update
It is possible ?

EDIT by Fernando: Both posts merged (to save space)

@supervisor :
Have you disabled the ā€œSecure Bootā€ and ā€œFast Bootā€ options within the BIOS before you started the OS installation?
Please explain how you installed the OS (Win10?) onto the NVMe SSD.
EDIT:
After having done a second look onto your last picture, I suspect, that the modded BIOS hasnā€™t been properly flashed.
If you want to circumvent the internal BIOS security features by using the AFUDOS tool with the " /gan" suffix, you have to remove the capsule and rename the modded BIOS to *.rom!
This is the correct command:

Ā 
afuwin.exe <NAME OF THE MODDED BIOS>.ROM /GAN
Ā 
For details please open >this< thread and look into the "Procedure" spoiler within the chapter "B. Methods for ASUS mainboards without USB Flashback support".

Bios CSM off - Boot flash and normal install Windows

the same problem.

should i try bios update from windows?

i tried update bios in windows
I still have the same problem
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nfSa6sgKtvo8vwgq9

After restart - bios not update.