[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

I have the following problem when inserting the file. Various error messages appear with both programs. "Image reconstruction failed - Invalid UEFI Volume" (UEFI-Tool). Maybe the volumespace is too small, but is there a possibility to insert it or to enlarge the volumepart of dxe drivers?
In the mmtool report I saw, that there are only 5kb left in dxe section, the small nvme driver is about 6kb. Is there any possibility to enlarge the volume to insert it or could someone mod the bios for me?

My board is a Fujitsu D3222-A1 with an Intel Q87 chipset.
My M.2 SSD is in an "ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2" PCiE Card.

If I should add some picuture from the modding software or bios screens, just let me know

Could someone (@Abban or @Fernando ) help me and could take a look to the bios?
Thanks in advance

D3222-A1.zip (2.4 MB)

@once375ml

I guess there is some issue with NVME drivers getting along with SATA AHCI protocol within windows. I too got the code 10 error in device manager but under PCI communications device. I resolved that issue by using Driver Booster (Free Version) which i think does the job very well. Pls give it a shot install it and it should fix the problem unless the problem lies within your mod BIOS file. I have Asus P8Z77M-Pro motherboard and using NVME WD SN550 1 TB SSD mounted on a PCIe x4 adapter. I donā€™t have a driver issue though but facing frequent BOSDs (WHEA uncorrectable error) all the time. My BIOS mod, flashback and windows 10 installation was successful but canā€™t get my NVME SSD to work properly under Windows 10. I tried disabling SATA controllers in BIOS and unplugging every other hard disk in my system and have tried everything possible from my end. Tried disabling all BIOS overclocking, reinstalled Windows 10 twice but in vain. However, my systems works a little better when I am using Windows SAFE MODE with NETWORKING. Any further assistance and expertise on this issue is much appreciated. Thanks.

@Lost_N_BIOS

I will be attaching my mod BIOS file for verification which I already did myself. Pls let me know if there is a problem in modding.

P8Z77MP.zip (4.31 MB)

@Abban

In order to save troubles, I have sold my Asus P8Z77V-LK, and turned to my favorite Asrock(Z77 extreme4). This one works fine with the same NVME module and method.

I believe itā€™s the problem of Asus BIOS as I have tried the NVME module from Asus Z97 and this forum. It seems the bios must recognize a HDD/SDD connection.

@once375ml

I personally think thereā€™s somewhere a compatibility issue in my pc. Couldnā€™t get the issue to resolve.

@Lost_N_BIOS Any help from members and pros is much appreciated.

Hi, if this is wrong place to post such things, please forgive me. I just prepared modded bios for my Msi B85-G43 Sc using MMTool 4.50.0.23 and full sized NvmExpressDxe_4. And this is what I get:
https:// imgur.com/a/ayyL85u

I noticed after inserting the NvmeExpressDxe_4 that it did not went all the way down on the list. Now I see that pad file changed its location. Iā€™m not sure if it is ok to try flashing bios or not. If anyone could take a look on this I could upload unmodifed bios file and the modified one.
Sorry if this is a wrong place, if it is please tell me where I can post this.

@DawidXT :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
As far as I could see on your screenshot comparison pictures, everything seems to be fine. The Pad-file is at the same position as before the modification (beyond the downmost "DXE Driver" module).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank You, this is the only thing I should check before flashing? I have more sections there.
Now if I understand everything, I have to rename this bios as original and place this on usb stick with original msi bios files and try to do a bios update using msi onboard function?

Load default bios, save, reboot and then M-Flash to update the mod bios.
Use original name file on the mod one.

done guys. I flashed the modded bios, and everything seems to boot up properly. But I yet still have not tested whether now I will support the NVMe drive, I still have to do something before I will install this to my pc (using PCIe 2.0 x4). I will edit this later, and tell You if its working

Greetings,
Iā€™ve added added NvmExpressDxe_4 to an ASRock Fatal1ty x68 Professional gen3 L2.23a. As best I can tell it looks fine. I havenā€™t tried flashing it yet as Iā€™ve no backup bios chip. Is there a way to verify that it is correct?

I uploaded source and mod in case that is helpful.

edit: If someone could take a look at the modded file and let me know if something seems obviously wrong. Iā€™d appreciate it.

thanks

Z68PFG32NVME.zip (4.17 MB)

Z68PFG32.zip (4.16 MB)

I have the following problem when inserting the file. Various error messages appear with both programs. "Image reconstruction failed - Invalid UEFI Volume" (UEFI-Tool). Maybe the volumespace is too small, but is there a possibility to insert it or to enlarge the volumepart of dxe drivers?
In the mmtool report I saw, that there are only 5kb left in dxe section, the small nvme driver is about 6kb. Is there any possibility to enlarge the volume to insert it or could someone mod the bios for me?

My board is a Fujitsu D3222-A1 with an Intel Q87 chipset.
My M.2 SSD is in an "ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2" PCiE Card.

If I should add some picuture from the modding software or bios screens, just let me know

Could someone (@Abban or @Fernando ) help me and could take a look to the bios?
Thanks in advance

is there a smaller nvme.ffs driver smaller than 5kb or is it possible to change the volume size of the bios parts? in my bios are only 5kb left, the smallest version is about 6kb. does anyone has an idea, how to mod the bios?

Problem MMtool.PNG

Problem MMtool-2.PNG

Problem Uefi-Tool.PNG

Problem Uefi-Tool-2.PNG

D3222-A1.zip (2.4 MB)

@Krakau:

Only the mainboard manufacturer is able to do this.

Attached is the "small" NVMe module, which has already been pre-compressed. Its size is 4KB. Try to insert it.
Another option to get more free space within the DXE Volume would be to remove a DXE Driver, which you donā€™t need (for example a LAN EFI module, if you donā€™t use and donā€™t want to use the "Wake-on-LAN" feature).

NvmExpressDxe_Small_Compressed.rar (3.84 KB)

Hey im gr33n,

i have same mbo (m5a99fx pro r2.0). Can you help me also step by step for nvme to bootā€¦ or its easy for that mbo? following the beginning guide?
or do i need to know some other info aswell?

@gr33n

Why didnā€™t u looked for it?
[OFFER] ASUS M5 A99FX Pro 2.0 Rev 1.01 BIOS with NVMe Support

But yesā€¦the guide is for reading, also it was written and kindly shared by Fernando, to pass max info on it, and considering that the operation and risks are all yours soā€¦i think u should.

Ty for quick reply, i think i will try and then update with my resultsā€¦ :wink: hope it works

Hi guys, new here but couldnā€™t find the Presentation Sub-Forumā€¦ if there is one, shame on meā€¦ please point me there.

Now for my quest, I own a Sony SVP13 where I wanted to install a Samsung PM981a I have here.
The Windows 10 Setup sees my disk but says it canā€™t install as the device is not supported.
I started looking to mod my Bios following this thread, Iā€™ve tryed from version 1021v7, through 1040v7 and finally to 1045v7 and I canā€™t get the Nmve drive to workā€¦
I do insert NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs with MMTool, I check and it is there.
I can only flash it with Afudos.exe XXXXX.XXX /GAN command otherwise I get the ā€œsecure flash function is not supported on this fileā€ and if I then backup the newly flashed modified Rom I see it was flashed because the NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs is present. Donā€™t know what happens behind the curtains as I donā€™t know much about modding/ flashingā€¦ been learning as I need toā€¦
When I try to set the Bios I have very limited options, only Boot Mode Legacy/ UEFI and Secure Boot Enable/Disable.
Iā€™ve created the Win10 Usb drive like Fernando posted the picture, if I try to boot from it it sends me to Bios to change settings, if I change settings it ends on black screen with No OS foundā€¦

There are some users here who stated they got it to work, I think I might be doing something wrong, just canā€™t find out what and whereā€¦ Can somebody give me a hint? or ultimately have a look at my Orig and ModRom?

Laptop is currently working ok, if I have to I will buy another SATA ssd but I would really like to beat the challenge and use the p981a I have here.

Cheers

hola alguien podria ayudarme a poner en la bios la extensiĆ³n mod nvme en bios, he probado clover y refind y no me funciona :frowning:

Hello, could someone help me to put the mod nvme extension in the bios, I have tried clover and refind and it does not work for me

muchas gracias / thanks
GA-X58A-OC

x58a-oc.rar (1000 KB)

@pacoor

UEFI mod to NVME will only works in UEFI bios environment as it needs to load the module/driver, and ur motherboard bios doesnā€™t support.
No one will or can do it.

About the other methodsā€¦ull have to read a bit more and tryā€¦try

Hello, but I donā€™t understand how other x58 models can make the nvme boot and my motherboard canā€™t.

@helderzh :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Do you see a device named "PATA" or "PATA_SS" within the "BOOT" section of the BIOS? If yes, the modification and the flashing of the modded BIOS was ok.
If not, please attach or post links to the original and your modded BIOS.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)