[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

I have a GA-Z77X-D3H, if I change the bios file, sata slot m.2 will work NVMe?

I’m a little confused about that.

@Dragon85

If ur referring to the onboard slot of the motherboard, its an mSATA slot SATA interface, it will not accept any NVMe or any other type of device drive.

An example of an mSATA SSD: https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/mem…tb-mz-m5e1t0bw/

EDIT: No bios mod has effect on this slot, mod will provide NVMe drive on PCIe adaptor.

Will it work in the pci-express slot?

Hi!
First of all I thank you for the help you give us, and well now bothering you for a small inconvenience when I want to update my bios.
I have not been able to update and / or backup my bios with the modification for nvme support from the full support guide for nvme. Could you tell me what I’m doing wrong?

IMG_20210413_124711.jpg

This is the bios that I modified following the tutorial and also the original one.

H61H2-M12 V1.0_Original.rar (2.26 MB)

H61H2-M12 V1.1_Modified_Rom.rar (2.26 MB)

Identify the correct SPI chip ID, with visual inspection.

@mer10ve : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have moved your request into this much better matching thread, because you have already modded the BIOS yourself.
Your modded BIOS looks fine for me and should give your mainboard full NVMe support.
If you want to know more about how to get the modded BIOS properly flashed, I recommend to have a look into the start post of >this< thread.
Since I never used an ECS mainboard, I do not know whether you can use the standard ECS Flash tool from within the BIOS or another method.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@MeatWar : JFYI

Hello everyone,
I have an asrock 970 extreme4 I downloaded a modified bios to support nvme from the asrock forum, I installed it, on the bios page in the meantime I do not see anything that leads me back to the nvme, between the units the same thing (I do not see the ssd intel connected with adapter to the motherboard) but I see the SSD regularly inside windows, I attach the bios in question, someone can check me if the modification is done well thanks

970EX2.80nvme.rar (2.57 MB)

@falcontech
The user explained what he did on the mod and from where came the files… and u saw that also i believe, there is NVMe modules present in the bios file.
Upon a clean OS installation as explained in post #1 of this topic, the destination drive will be present if the mod is well made.

ok so i have to try to install windows to understand if the ssd drive is present? because I stopped not to see it in the boot list and then I got discouraged … now I do an installation simulation … in case I see it, will doing a cloning work anyway?

This is a mod for an old system motherboard that never had officially NVMe support, so u will not see the NVMe drive in bios.
If the mod is working u will see it has i described it before.
Cloning is not always successful and guaranteed. NVMe system boot uses ONLY UEFI boot/GPT file system.
It always advisable to perform a new, clean install of OS.

Read the topic as i said before and u will not need to do any more simple questions.

Installation of the OS onto the NVMe SSD: [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@Fernando
Hi mate! I am newbie here…
I have an ASUS N751JK model (2014) and I search here for a solution to boot Windows from NVME drive. Do you know someone who knows how to modify succesully the BIOS to give me a step-by-step informations?
Thank you bro.

@poniros89

As u saw in the other topic that u already posted…the user made a full backup of the current system bios present (His .207) in the laptop.
Thats the file that u will mod, as the official Asus bios update files do not contain a full image.
As u saw the tool AMI MMTool 4.50 was used to mod.
The module NvmExpressDxe_4 will fit in the image as compressed.
Follow the guide presented here on this topic by Fernando.
The backup/flashing procedure u can follow that user procedures, at ur OWN RISK.

NOTE: That user has a link to a mod file, that does not contain any Intel ME FW on it, we can assume that its moded from the Asus bios update file .207, BUT he specifies that later he has done the mod from his own backup and then was flashed.

ASUS N751JK - Update release/date build

@MeatWar : Can you tell me how to make a backup of me BIOS?

@poniros89 :
This is the thread about how to get full NVMe support and not about how to make a backup of the BIOS Region, which is within the BIOS chip of the mainboard.

If your mainboard has an Intel chipset, you can do it by using the Intel Flash Programming Tool (FPT), which is part of the Intel Management Engine System Tools (you can get the appropriate version >here<). If you do not know how to use the FPT tool, you can find >here< a guide. Just expand the spoiler titled “Dump BIOS Region w/ FPT”.
Please do not reply to this off-topic post. If you should have additional questions/problems regarding how to dump your BIOS Region, please start a new thread within the matching Sub-Forum.

@Neutral67fr
Did you make it work finally? I have the same model N751JK but I am very confused about such many things I have to do…
Please, tell me if your file works without problems…

I have a general question: Why nobody load up their succesfull files to help other newbie people with the same problem…

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post removed (to save space within this very voluminous thread)

Because this thread is designed for users, who want to do the BIOS modification themselves by following the related guide.
Users, who want to offer their modded BIOS for the public or are searching for an already modded BIOS, should use/look into >this< Sub-Forum.

I tried cloning via windows 10 image and it was successful

Hi everyone. Thank you for this guide! I have (hopefully) modified my bios. I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to look it over before I flash it. If so how should I link to the files? I am over the 6meg file limit even if zipped. I could post a link to a filehosting site but I can’t do that until I hit 3 posts.

It is a Dell T3610 btw.

Thank you.

@P@rocks: Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
You can put 1 or 2 spaces into the linked url address. Then we will be able to get the files.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello again! Here is a link (with space) to my modified and original bios files. I think I have followed the guide but I didn’t understand the padding issue so couldn’t check that part. If you could give my file a look over it would be greatly appreciated. It is a Dell T3610.

mediafire.com/folder/i275rdkd71yf2/Bios’s