[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@Dell_Inc :
Hello Friend,
I also have the Optiplex 9020 Mini-Tower (MT).
I did the procedure and it worked perfectly! Just look at my previous posts!
I hope I can help you!

Hello dear friends!
My mainboard is Asus P7p55d pro.
Can I apply this instruction.
Thanks for your answer in advance.

@sonbd2

Your Asus motherboard didnā€™t had any bios version with UEFI structure, it will not be valid for this guide, as it uses a Legacy bios.
You can try the following method presented <HERE>

Latest news

Flash BIOS - OK
Install system - OK
All work - OK

Tnx for help.

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you for creating, the Z77X-UD3H F20e BIOS - Unfortunately the new link you added on Sep 23 2020 is dead. Could you maybe provide a new download link?
Unfortunately i cannot post links so therefore the url without https://win-raid.com/t2775f44-OFFER-Gigaā€¦html#msg106094
It is post #44 in this Thread.

Thank you very much in advance! :slight_smile:

@zerofixgiven : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Lost_N_BIOS hasnā€™t been online since several months and it is rather unlikely, that he will read your request.
By the way: This is the thread for users, who are willing to do the BIOS modification themselves by using the Guide of the start post.
If you want, that someone else does the work for you, you should start a new request thread within >this< Sub-Forum.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando Oh okay, thank you very much though! :slight_smile:

Hi ! I need modbios ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3. Modbios with NVME. I try used MMTool_v4.50.0023.exe and insert NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs, but my mod not worked!
Not new disk "PATA" or "PATASS" in BOOT part.

@users12 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
The SSD named "PATA" is only listed within the "BOOT" section of the BIOS as bootable device, if CSM has been enabled.
Please attach or give us a link to your modded BIOS and the original one.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

OK, all everything turned out!

hello, I did the procedure for recording the modified bios and I was not successful, the ssd nvme ASGARD 256gb does not appear in the boot session, it is connected to the mother boardā€™s native m2 input, any settings for the bios? my motherboard is a gigabyte Sniper B6, I tried everything to no avail.

Just for curiosityā€¦did u read the guidance for the correct installation of the OS, in #1 post of this topic?

yes, I recorded the modified bios, I did it step by step, but it doesnā€™t show up as a bootable device. Any solutions please?

Noā€¦ BDMaster made u the bios mod and u flashed.
What im asking u is if u read Fernandoā€™s guide on section 4, regarding Windows installation and correct bios settings for installation?
This is a mod not official for ur B85 and no NVMe drive will show in bios, only upon the windows setup u can see the drive, so go read Fernandoā€™s instructions here: [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Hello! Iā€™ve read the entire first post a few times over and Iā€™ve tried loading every file contained in the BIOS update from the Dell Support Website. Iā€™ve got an R520 poweredge running 2.9.0 BIOS and Iā€™d like to get the nvme SSD drive I have installed in the PCIe slot via a PCIe to nvme adapter.

The files Iā€™ve downloaded from Dell Server BIOS PowerEdge R520 Version 2.9.0 from Dell Supportā€¦ none of them load into the mmtoolaptio. What do I need to load from the dell site into the mmtoolaptio?

@gario : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Your request is off-topic, because this thread is not about how to extract a Dell BIOS.
Dell offers the BIOses for their mainboards as Installer, but not as ā€œpureā€ AMI BIOS files. Please put the words ā€œHow to extract a DELL BIOSā€ into the Forumā€™s Search box and follow the advices you will find. Once you are able to open the extracted Dell BIOS by the AMI MMTool or the UEFITool, you can return to this thread.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

1 Like

I appreciate this guide, but it doesnā€™t work for me. When I try to flash the updated BIOS, I get a security verification error. I have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone help? I have an ASUS P9X79 MB.

@Robert3750 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
This is the thread about how to get full NVMe support, but not about how to flash a modded BIOS (you can find it >here<).
You cannot flash a modded ASUS BIOS the ā€œnormalā€ way by using the EZ tool and have to use the ā€œUSB Flashbackā€ feature of your mainboard (for details look into page 61 of your mainboard manual or >here<).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I have bought Transcend PCIe SSD 220S but BIOS would not detect it and boot from it
I have attempted to follow the instructions there but hope that someone can double-check my work.

@Lost_N_BIOS it is based off the modded BIOS of yours, and I am not sure if following the guides there would be compatible with your work. Thanks in advance

SetAMITO-NVMe.zip (4.37 MB)

@evnchn :
I have moved your post into this already existing thread, because you obviously are willing and able to do the required BIOS modification yourself.
To be able to check your work we need the original BIOS file as well. Please attach it or give us a link.
By the way - our BIOS Guru Lost_N_BIOS hasnā€™t been online since January.