[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

SAFUWIN BIOSFILE /p /b /c /x or Intel ME8 FPT tool mod only bios region.
Theres a bios recover jumper but you should be prepared for any failures/brick motherboard playing with bios mods.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Safuwin /c and /x doesnā€™t exist .

Intel ME System Tools v8 r3 => FWUpdLcl64.exe -f rom.rom = Error 8771 Invalid file .

About brick motherboard, i already saved W25Q64 with my programmer (unfortunately W25Q64 must be desolded for read/write).

Doesnt existā€¦ rigth.
Who told to use Intel ME FW update tool?, i said Intel FPT tool. Details is what kills you.
This is making a dump of the bios on the system (Save/Backup), then just bios region, mod it and flash it again with FPT.

Already saved itā€¦ and did you tried flash the mod with the programmer? Or it doesnt even boot after it?

FWUpdLcl64.exe is in Intel ME System Tools v8 r3\FWUpdate\Local-Win64 folder .

As i told you, flash with programmer require to desold the W25Q64.

But the problem is gone after read this [Help needed] HP Pro 3520 AIO bios update - #21 by lazzaronetu

Just need to disable FDO jumper :sweat_smile: and now flashed with Safuwin :kissing_smiling_eyes:

The mod seems ok , now must bought NVME and PCi-e adapter for check it :nerd_face:

Open your eyes nex timeā€¦to see more folders.
What do you see as tool in the post you are linkingā€¦ FWUpdLcl64 OR fptw64
All this time and the board has FDO jumperā€¦ I see a RECOVER jumper and CMOS/PASS jumpers, thats just fxxxx great.

Curiousā€¦ that your desktop model has by default a IPMMB-FM motherboard with no FDO jumperā€¦ nothing to do with an (Pro 3520 AIO) IPISB-AB motherboard ( * 1x FDO (HAD-SDO) BT23 jumper)

So it smellsā€¦BAD

This Pegatron 2ad5 motherboard seems have overclocking in older bios version https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/overclocking-pegatron-2ad5.733877/

Do you know the way for add it to the latest ?
FOR_821.zip (3.0 MB)

Post a photo of the FDO jumper of the Pegatron IPMMB-FM (2AD5)ā€¦
Dammā€¦no photo humm

EDIT: Thank you, confirmed FDO jumper on bottom.

Many thanksā€¦finaly used mmtool_v5.00.0007
Think i get it.
Just was wondering, should size of the modded bios be bigger than the original? My sourced Bios and modded have same sizeā€¦
Anyway, will continue to compare these before first attempt, but pad-file still there :slight_smile:

Pegatron IPMMB-FM 2AD5.zip (2.7 MB)

1 Like

Must be same size :wink:

Hello. I successfully modded and tested 2 bioses following this guide with an NVME drive, for Gigabyte B75 Pro3 and a Packard Bell, I am new here, I would like to post the files here for other people, how can I do that?
Thanks.

@Lilio
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and congratulations for your success!
You can offer your modded BIOSes within >this< Forum section.
Enjoy the Forum!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I cannot thank you guys enough for this. This took an aging, unsupported QNAP TS-470 Pro from 2014 and helped me turn it into a Proxmox/File Server/Docker powerhouse. The trick was actually getting my hands on the BIOS file since QNAP does everything in their power to avoid giving it to you, so I found one for its bigger brother on a forum (the TS-670 Pro) since it uses pretty much the same mainboard.

Not only was I able to give my QNAP NVME support, but I also used the ā€œUEFI BIOS Updaterā€ to successfully update other UEFI modules on by device. If anyone is doing something similar, I posted my file on the forum Fernando linked above.

1 Like

Hello, I have a small question. What is the difference between NvmExpressDxe_5.ffs and the old NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs ?

Hi, I did the visual inspection and I seem to be missing a ā€œPad-fileā€, I followed well the instructions of this guide and also I did it with AMIā€™s MMTool 4.50.0023 and even with AMIā€™s MMTool 5.02 Modded.
I want to add that I had to use the ā€œNvmExpressDxe_Small.ffsā€ as ā€œInsert Compressedā€.

What can I do in this case?
Can someone help me to patch it correctly?
Bios gigabyte page

@daniel1
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Have you already tried to use the UEFITool?
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I had no luck, files disappeared anyway, but I just tried with a previous version of the bios F10 (The one in the image, the recent one, it is F11), and it seems to work fine with the MMTool method

Is this possible that type of problem?? I have already compared it manually and it seems that everything is in order, just added the nvme.

Is it safe to flash? The F10 patched has their ā€œPad-fileā€ in place

it seems that the f10 is a different structure than the f11.

I should add that my board has the f11, so it would be a downgrade.

@daniel1
I had no problem to get the uncompressed file named NvmExpressDxe_5.ffs properly inserted into the F11 BIOS by using the UEFITool v0.28.0. None of the originally present Pad-files were touched and no Pad-files were added.

@5xq
The file named NvmExpressDxe_5.ffs has been optimized by shrinking the size of the previously offered NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs without touching its functionality. So it is not an update.
There is no reason to replace the NVMe module of any modded BIOS, which contains the NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs module.

1 Like

Can be use also to install Linux/Ubuntu? It needs special settings for the bootable image?