HP Pavilion dv6-6c12ed disable /remove AMD gpu (insyde bios)

yes usewd also 1.29 to flash the working back, them cmos rest and it posts.
yes I know but you are not the only one :slight_smile:

first bios file for the programmer also a black screen and blinking, could it be there is a ec or other chip ? can we deal with that aswell ? Ik will open it again to look for.
Now I will try the windows flashes.

thanks so far !

edit there is a other winbond chip at the other side 25X40BVSIG but programmer can’t connect to it.
tried also other bios files found on the net but none will let the laptop boot … only the org file and with unlocked dc

even when i go back to f12 from hp sp55375, all ok but when I flash http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?.._ByCamiloml.exe same black screen

No other chip matters, if none of those BIOS I sent work, then RSA Signature security is why it’s failing each time. Did you test all five BIOS yet?

You may be able to “Flash in” those BIOS, any I made, or the Camiloml ones, all depends but I suspect those may be older BIOS. If there is MOD BIOS for unlocked menus’ then it should be possible, since that is same area/module I edited for this one test change we are doing now.
Now, some HP were not RSA on old BIOS, but new BIOS are RSA signed. You will have to research that for your specific model, and if there is earlier non-RSA signed BIOS then we can do those no problem instead of the latest one.

What you can try once you are done testing them all, is to boot to grub and use setup_var instead to change the settings, that shouldn’t cause any RSA failing security issues.
I’ll show you how to do that later tonight.

ok I thought maybe some protection chip or dual bios

I flashed the two in the irf folder, no luck
via h2o tool I was unable to the flash the file, some error about the data

what a nightmare to flash a cool rom

@jeroenvtec - You have to try all five BIOS I sent you via programmer, including the three in the H2O folder, so we can be sure it’s RSA not editing method causing this. Sorry if that H20 only confused you and you thought flash via Insyde tools only, that was more meant for myself to know which method was used

As for actual “Flashing” after that, yes, I expect there will be an error due to modified BIOS, either platform.ini will need edited or one of the dll or sys files (or both) and to do that exact error needs to be known to me.

Check very early BIOS version for this system, are they encrypted too? We’ll have to change a setting via grub and see what happens, I bet that will be OK if you don’t get an out of bounds error or something like that when using setup_var

ah ok
I only know that it was related to encrypted stock bios, but now also the latest version is fine to decrypt.

if I am done with flashing I have to make a usb stick with the custom efi file like you mentiod in the other topics ?

I have tried all bios files, none will post.
method:
connect programmer, detect chip, erase, blank, program, verify.
Then boot, reset cmos, boot again.
first boor fast caps lock blinling, turn off and on with ac takes much longer when blinking starts

I can reflash the old bios, I also succeed to downgrade to f12 via windows, that bios I also can read and program again.

I flashed one of youre files, disconnect programmer read it again, excact the same, but when I boot the system the file is diffrent, I attched it.

@jeroenvtec - File will change after startup, due to time/dates changing, and NVRAM variables will update/change, so it will always be different once you power it on.

Yes, I think we are done testing, unless you find old BIOS for this board that is not RSA Signed (You can tell by PhoenixTool, if it decrypts it, it’s signed/encrypted)
Yes, time to next test changing variables by Grub / Setup_var, this should be OK method and not break the signature/security.

@Lost_N_BIOS Ok clear

I have now f12 running, I will attach it, I don’t see any enrypted messsage at andy’s tool, only with the bios.
What I don’t get is there is a modded bios version of sp55375 witch is sp55375_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml but even that bios would nog boot.
on a archive site I have been able to read some and found this comment: (click)

"Some HP bios made between 2010-2011 only implement the RSA signature check in the flasher utility. This makes it possible to modify them.

However newer HP laptops also implement a signature check when your computer starts up. This makes modding these bios currently impossible. This will remain this way unless we get HP’s private RSA key.

If your computer has moddable bios, then my tutorials will work for you. If your bios aren’t moddable, then any modification to it will brick your laptop."

there is no auto recovery on the laptop I always have to flash it by programmer again.
So still not sure if I have intern rsa

This contradicts itself, what do you mean exactly >> "I don’t see any enrypted messsage at andy’s tool, only with the bios"

Those BIOS we edited before are RSA Signed internally, that’s why each test you did was a brick. Send me link to stock download of this BIOS you think might not be encrypted, I can’t check that via dump.

F12 BIOS sounds pretty new, probably same as the other we were editing. You need to check out early BIOS like F3-F6 etc, if the names are like that, I’m sure you get what I mean

ah yes you are right I mean that the stock bios IS encrypted. and you don;t see anything with andy’s tool at the read out bios

f12 is the oldest, https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55375.exe

here are some success https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H…SN-T-CMOS-RESET diffrent sp name that is for sure
board id is 17FC ( accoording the wndows flash)

I don’t check at the SLIC log, you can tell by BIOS name .DEC after it’s done unpacking BIOS, and or BIOS size after unpacking the exe yourself. This BIOS is encrypted too

F12 can’t be oldest, maybe only oldest they have linked on site now, I bet you can find older in google. What is different SP name? Different model? If yes, then it’s not your model, so success there or those BIOS do not apply.
Or, those users originally had non RSA BIOS before flashing that BIOS, and you are currently on RSA BIOS, so you need BIOS before that first, then flash/program

Hi

it seems I have found a older one, can you check sp54846.exe
Also read some about F19 “cracked” rsa bios, but unable to find it blog don’t press download link get’s you no where.
“this is a gift from Donovan6k Bios Mod F.19 RSA Hack sp57474” that one I can’t find

let me know :slight_smile:

do you mean by “so you need BIOS before that first, then flash/program” that after I have f02 running I can flash to newer modded ?
like this user ? :

http://rghost.net/6dGWDHkSW

Update the link, please.
If I get you right:
1. First you need to install F.02 Patched
2. Then install F.1C bios Mod

Yes, that is what I meant, you have to flash older BIOS non RSA, then you can program in other BIOS later easier.

Thanks for the blog link, maybe I can eek out some info from it. That EXE BIOS you linked is encrypted too, it’s the same BIOS from sp60655

via windows ? otherwise I don’t get it, via the programmer I flash a whole bios, with or without rsa check in it.
how can I or do you check if is has a inside rsa check ( besides from the insyde flasher, because all is encrypted) ?
I also find f1 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58987.exe

it is possible that you make a f02/01 rom with disabled gpu from the bios I gave you? and flash it via the programmer to avoid downgrade issues. ( a complete rom )

meanwhile I will try to get a old one stock from hp in it…

Use programmer, main thing is first finding an older non RSA BIOS if there is one for this model. BIOS is decrypted when we would edit or look at it, or program it in, so encryption is not the issue it’s the RSA Signature check internally.

I do not know what you mean about f02/01 ? We don’t have any downgrade issues, only RSA signature check stopping booting at startup.
Ohh yes, that blog, I think he’s full of shiiii you know, all that talk, to himself, never shown any results, only wow he got programming tools, then disabled comments and leaves knowing we’d find later along with 1000’s of others.

The exe you linked is newer (2012) than previous one, which I just noticed is the oldest one you linked so far (2011 - sp54846, encrypted so likely RSA too, but we did not check by edit/program)

haha I agree no detail was provided

I have made read out of f02 can you make a test modify ? Rename a tab for example
if that fails I will give up , I do not see any other options.

thx

lol I changed to hp logo for own and that did work :slight_smile:
edit 23:49

I removed
9FD8F494-6E3F-4A04-A2B0-8DF7E9E01BF6
8DFAE5D4-B50E-4C10-96E6-F2C266CACBB8
8DFAE5D4-B50E-4C10-96E6-F2C266CACBB7
laptop still boots but does show extra gpu

so I guess this is moddabble!

@Lost_N_BIOS do you have the skills to enable advanced menu on the bios above ?
I have tried to clone youre settings/mods from the new bios to this old bios, did boot but still can see the amd gpu in windows

Thanks @jeroenvtec - I will make same changes two ways and we’ll see. Maybe only certain regions protected, since you changed logo and it was OK?
Or, my method of change is causing non-boot, but I more suspect RSA, since I use these methods on other HP non RSA without issue, that have same BIOS style/creation tools etc.

What did you change logo with, Insyde tool or UEFITool? If inside tool, open your mod BIOS in UEFITool, do you see any CRC32 error in parse/comment section?

@jeroenvtec - Quick test first, please check so I can move forward with FD unlock applied or not. Does this cause failed boot?
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…721506548262901

yes the logo but also module FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_714.ROM based on your earlier mod so I have confident in this one (the older f.02 sw) !
I used insyde tool and phoenix in combination with a hex editor…
I used windows inside to flash it btw

I am on in t!
btw the FD unlock did also work on the earlier bios file.

@jeroenvtec - Good FD unlock is OK, this means once you get a working mod in there, you can use FPT instead of programmer. All BIOS below have FD unlocked and your desired setting changes, so once you find one working and use that last, after that next changes you make can be flashed in via FPT if you want.
Here is four BIOS to test, please test program in each one, don’t stop if settings you want are there/applied, please test all so I know method needed to be used next time (on final edit, we will make BIOS settings visible to you in BIOS so you can adjust as needed)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…591436250096846

You used all those tools, great! You’re picking it up now! I noticed when using Phoenix to edit structure or save/Go mod BIOS, it removes a padding file, so I have two in there to test about this.

*Edit - Please check with HWInfo64, or other tools like AIDA64, GPU-z, PCIE-z etc and see if you can find which port (1-4, ports 5-8 already disabled) the PCIE AMD is on, then we can disable that port entirely.