HPET Missing from bios options.

So i used to own a h110m s2ph from gigabyte and i used to mess around with some stuff there and there was this option called high precision timer or something ( HPET ) ,and turning it off gave me a lot of fps in game with my setup, but now i have a h310m H 2.0 , and when i look for this option it’s missing, i’m just turning it off using the windows cmd but it feels like it’s not actually changing anything… idk, might be placebo but… well, i really don’t know much about bios modding but i’m desperate, is there any workaround this? to get this option back? i’m using the last bios update f13a, i’ve even contacted gigabyte but i don’t think they’re replying anytime soon. Thanks in advance.

Doubt win7 or 10 even use HPET any more anyway fella, i know in 10 the driver never gets loaded in the device manager.

Yeah i guess so, as i said, placebo. Well, thanks anyway, i’l just leave it like that.

@vacalo198 - It is used by Win10, and is enabled by default if BIOS has it enabled by default, and this one does.
Do not disable by BCDEdit or device manager (if you did either one of those things, enable again before using BIOS below, otherwise results will not be as good, I tested some related stuff about this here, see changelog area
Here is mod BIOS F24 with it hard disabled, flash via QFlash, then load optimized defaults, save and reboot back to BIOS and change all other things you need to change before heading to windows
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…622564620381004

If you can see “Chipset or PCH-IO Configuration” section of BIOS, then this setting will now be visible there as well

I see. But i have the H310M H 2.0 now, i don’t have the mobo for the bios you posted anymore, but thanks for the help anyways.

@vacalo198 - Well why did you ask for mod and then one day later not use same board anymore??
So, what now, do you need mod BIOS for H310M? If yes, please link to BIOS download page

Oh yes. Here’s the link : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H31…support-dl-bios

this is the motherboard i have now, i only mentioned the h110m s2ph because when i had it the bios used to have the HPET option on it, and being basically the same bios as the h310m H 2.0 i figured there has to be someway to get it back .

Gigabyte actually answered me today, and they said some new mobos just don’t have this option anymore and there’s nothing they can do about it, which is weird because they’re basically the same mobo, only the h310 supports 8th/9th intel cpu generation.

Thanks for the replies i appreciate the help.

@vacalo198 - Lies, it’s there They hide it on purpose is all, per Intel and or Microsoft’s request. Here is mod BIOS F13a with it hard disabled - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…242819846081727
So, similar to above, it may become visible, if you can see PCH-I/O section already. If not, then you wont be able to re-enable unless you flash back in stock BIOS
You’re welcome

Jesus christ, thanks, it worked. You’re very helpful thank you so much for the help, people like you make the world a better place, believe, hehe.

edit : here’s a screenshot of their reply, so yeah, they’re lying.

scrsht.png

@vacalo198 - Yes, I knew it would, you’re welcome! Thanks for the quick test and report back, and thanks for the kind words too, appreciate it
To be honest, they are not lying/being truthful, in a way. Because, this board/BIOS does not have it, due to they hide it from you

Hello friends, I have the same problem with the disappearance of HPET from my bios, however, my motherboard is a gigabyte h310m m.2 2.0. I’m facing a lot of stuttering problems in several games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, as well as 3 Remake and so on.

my configuration is:

Rtx 2060
i5 9400f
Corsair Cx600
H310M M.2 2.0 (rev.1)
Sd M.2 240gb WD
HDD 1TB WD

hello there…
i want to turn off hpet in bios ,but i cant find that option in my bios…is there anyone who can mod my bios to get that option visible or completely disable?..thanks
GIGABYTE B660M DS3H

mb_bios_b660m-ds3h-ddr4_f6a.zip (9.49 MB)

mb_bios_b660m-ds3h-ddr4_f6a_2.zip (9.49 MB)

@dilshant756 Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since it doesn’t make sense to post the same request twice or to start a new thread, if another one with the same topic already exists, I have merged your 2 identical posts into this thread and deleted the unnecessary thread, which has been started today by you.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

oh im really sorry about that …still couldn’t gind someone who can edit my bios to disable hpet

@dilshant756

I cant find that string present in your bios, looking at the IFRextracted setup module.
1 of the 2, it was not implemented in your bios or it could be in another GUID… witch i doubt it.
You should wait for another user opinion, good luck.

@ MeatWar thanks dude

Because this setting has a different name in the setup utility module.

@dilshant756 , F6a with HPET.
Find it in Chipset - PCH-IO Configuration.

@Sweet_Kitten
omg…dude…could you plz mention that name of hpet…

tmp-cam-2405754466153901957.jpg

tmp-cam-2405754466153901957.jpg

@Sweet_Kitten

tmp-cam-5455414750949924255.jpg

@dilshant756